PDA

View Full Version : thunderace plastics

boris
11-06-2009, 08:17 PM
now I know u guys/girls aren't fans of plastics but a mate of mine's thunderace had a misfortunate accident off the back of the ute and now needs most of the plastics because of severe gravelrash 99 model anyone able to help? if not a point in the right direction other than yamahaha is appreciated thnx

Weaselman
11-06-2009, 08:24 PM
ohhhhh hard to find mate might have to go after raceglass

Jockney Rebel
12-06-2009, 02:38 AM
try sbr fibre glass up here mate he can copy anything regardless of how fucked they are 4388 2233 tell simon i sent ya

boris
13-06-2009, 10:47 AM
thnx guys and tell me about it weasel he has struggled to find any kind of parts for it looks like he's gonna put it through his insurance has to get a lot of it plastic welded or they'll write it off if he was to replace them with new bits

Azrael
15-06-2009, 11:41 PM
I got one of them in pristine condition, guess i better keep it that way:( is it really that hard to find parts for em? All parts or just plastics?

boris
16-06-2009, 08:24 PM
u want to hear a bullshit story?
his bike was written off today cos the QBE insurance man says that the bloke doing the quote can't use aftermarket parts or get the plastic welded and the insurance man tells wayne doing the quote that the radiator needs replacing cos of a ding that was there previously and cos of the yoshi pipe it is now written off now it turns out the bloke who does the insurance evaluations for QBE also owns his own bike wreckers in sydney somewhere how's that for a conflict of interest

OZ750L
17-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Get straight onto the Insurance company and find out if he can buy the bike back. I did with one of my Gixxers. Offer 25% of the payout figure to them. Wouldn't hurt to make them aware of the assessor's conflict of interest too.

boris
17-06-2009, 11:15 PM
he has dave but they won't let him buy it back he has talked to thye department of fair trading who don't give a fuck it's not their problem but I have told him to talk to QBE as it has to be their problem that he is doing this

OZ750L
19-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Who's he been dealing with? Might have to go up the chain. Just spoke to a mate of mine in the game and he said you might be able to try the following. Ask the assessor/company, what the salvage value on the bike is and if it is going to be disposed of through the auctions and where? When he tells you, ask if he got 3 quotes on that and what were they. If he doesn't have quotes, ask him how he got the amount. Then ask what the payout figure will be on the bike. Then ask how about he "cash settles" with you on the bike. That will be the difference between the highest salvage value and the payout amount. The end result is he gets the bike back and money to fix it. The insurance will cancel the policy on the bike but you can get another when it is fixed. Should be win/win for both parties. I think I got it right from what the mate told me. See how you go. Otherwise, hunt it down through the auctions and buy it back. If it doesn't go to the auctions & the repairer buys it back off the insurance to repair and sell then that's fraud so go softly softly.