PDA

View Full Version : Ex TKA '98 ZX9R Superbike for sale. - SOLD AGAIN

TurboKat
10-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Due to a time wasting dreamer named Lee Frankland from Carrum Downs, Vic. who doesn't have a cent to his name, this bike is back on the market.
Note; If you are a fuckwit LOSER who thinks he has 5 grand but doesn't have 5 cents, please don't waste my fucking time OK ?

I'm selling my 98 ex Marty Craggill Team Kawasaki Australia ZX9 to make way for my nearly finished ZXR 750 RR Racebike.
It is fully sorted, has all the good bits & is ready to rock & roll, I'd love to keep it because it's a lot faster than the ZXR but I only have 1 arse so I can't use 2 racebikes.
It can be sold as a trackday bike (bike only) or as a ready to race setup with spare wheels with mounted wets & discs, sprockets, full spare bodywork including tank, spare levers, rearsets, handlebars, etc.
It's easily the fastest/most powerful ZX9 in the Vic Pre Modern series & will sit side by side down the straight at P.I. with anything made before 2004 including ZX10s, R1s & GSXR 1000s.
Brief spec;
Standard frame with TKA sneaky adjustable swingarm pivot mod.
TKA revalved Ohlins shock with remote preload adjustment & 10.5 kg spring (suits 100kg rider or fast 80kg rider)
15 laps old Dunlop Redline slicks (soft front, medium rear)
TKA rearsets.
TKA racekit fork valving with .95kg Ohlins springs.
TKA blueprinted motor, shaved head, no alternator (revs faster than a 600) or starter (push starts in 3 metres by yourself) dyno setup carbs, TKA black box, gearbox done 3 trackdays & 2 race meetings since full $1500 rebuild.
Full Akra race system with Muzzy muffler.
134 REAL RWHP with safe jetting, have had 139 but the A/F was getting a tad on the lean side for my liking so I fattened it up for peace of mind, it still smokes anything down the straights in Pre Mod (except that pesky FIM spec ZX7 :()
Braided SS F&R brakelines with Aeroquip anodised fittings.
Braking wave discs (AWESOME stopping power, MUCH better than OEM discs.)
Blueprinted front calipers.
4 laps old HH front pads.
TKA extra wide handlebars (can put std bars on if prefered)
New Renthal racegrips.
Quick throttle.
Carbonfibre hugger.
Crash knobs.
Sprint adjustable steering damper.
Yoshimura multi gauge (Temp, Voltage, etc)
New steering head & wheel bearings.
3 Trackdays & 2 races old DID X ring gold chain & sprockets.
All Raceglass has just been repainted in 2 pack baked enamel.
It's only ever had Optimax or BP Ultimate in the tank.
Plus some other stuff I've probly forgotten to mention. The bike is absolutely perfect with zero money needed to be spent, ALL the fluids in the bike are new, new oil & airfilters, new Iridium plugs & it's just had the valve clearances done & the carbs balanced, I've maintained it regardless of time or cost so whoever buys it will score themselves a fully sorted & set up bike in immaculate condition that they only have to put fuel in & ride.
EASY 1m 04s @ Broadford & 1m 49s at P.I. with overweight D grade rider & rock hard 3rd hand slicks (Did 58s & 1m 38s with Marty Craggill on it)
If you're in Victoria & are looking to get into an affordable race class, this bike is capable of winning races in Pre Modern (it'll hose the R1s) just add talent.

In Melbourne, happy to organise sending it anywhere (at buyers cost obviously)

All the spare bits are as per the pic below.
Bodywork is Racers Edge, thicker/stronger than the lightweight TKA stuff that is currently on the bike, includes clear screen. Note; the front guard in the pic is the genuine TKA item from '98, all the other bodywork had been repainted & the Zurich stickers removed when I bought the bike so seeing as the guard was the only original bit left, I took it off to preserve for future generations Comes with the ally front mount for the Racers Edge fairing.
Fueltank has the tap, cap & key.
Front & rear wheels (straight, no wobbles) with mint condition OEM discs & rear sprocket carrier.
Front & rear sprockets in different gearing to what's on the bike now so you can play around with different combinations to suit different tracks.
Standard handlebars.
Clutch lever & perch.
Brake lever.
Custom made rearset brackets with knurled solid footpegs using the standard Kawa gear lever & brake pedal, custom linkage rod, all in ally.
Set of new CR9 sparkplugs.

The spares will be available to the buyer if required for an extra $1000 for the lot as a package deal, all these bits owe me WAY over $1500 & that was sourcing it all cheaply.

I should also mention that I have a copy of the 1998 AMCN issue where they tested this bike at P.I. against Steve Martin's Ducati, Crusty's Fireblade & Kev Curtain's R1 after the inaugural Production Superbike Championship (Kev won it, Marty came 2nd) it's an interesting read & has a pretty comprehensive list of the mods & costs involved with each bike - naturally it goes with the bike.

I forgot to mention, all the discs & the wet tyres will be fitted to the wheels & the black paint will be stripped off the front wheel & the rim will be polished so it matches the rear.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244685408.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244687913.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244660436.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244704844.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244696568.jpg

timbo
11-06-2009, 12:45 AM
This sounds like a good buy. if only i had the cash

sharky
11-06-2009, 05:47 AM
Does it come with rego & roadworthy ?[:o)]

latheboy
11-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Can i just rent it on weekends?
Shit man i wouldn't sell it id just throw out the tv and give it pride of place

ozkat
11-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Hey TK i put it up on my site, that is an absolute bargin.

TurboKat
11-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanx Shayno.

HueyonaBlade
11-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Does it come in a different colour[?]

bluemk1
11-06-2009, 03:58 PM
just how used is it?

Deano
11-06-2009, 05:42 PM
will it beat a gsxr7/11w around phillip island if for example i was riding the gixxer and lets say you were riding the above motorcikle?

Large
11-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Looks like a very happy bike

Mishdog20
23-06-2009, 10:18 PM
What did the above bike sell for?

scotty
07-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Due to a time wasting dreamer named Lee Frankland from Carrum Downs, Vic. who doesn't have a cent to his name, this bike is back on the market.
Note; If you are a fuckwit LOSER who thinks he has 5 grand but doesn't have 5 cents, please don't waste my fucking time OK ?

Bwaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Formally the owner of the greeeeeeeen 675 from BC
infarct he still owes me a hung[:p]

Gix11
07-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Is that Leeroy he's on about Scotty?

scotty
07-07-2009, 05:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Is that Leeroy he's on about Scotty?
Sure is.[:p][:0] and he is fuckin hopless[B)]

scotty
09-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Realy?
u sure?
got the cash av ya?, best u come round n shout me a drink then

TurboKat
10-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Haven't got the cash yet Scotty, gotta get a crack in the headers welded (again) & then it's off to the land of Queens.
When I get the $$, I'll lob round & shout you a beer if you blow me

Booster
10-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Get any response from the formula extreme site, look in there often but don't see many items listed as sold ??

scotty
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
hhhhwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
I just blow in your direction.
Dose that count?

Bikecraft
11-07-2009, 08:27 PM
I think you guys should make a time, after school, behind the bike shed.Har!