PDA

View Full Version : Dry Clutch Assembly for a Gixxer

DCRacing
10-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Ok what would they be worth? i know of one for sale and i thought it might be worth the head turning factor to put it on one of my Gixxers.

evilkarl
10-06-2009, 07:45 PM
I can answer that.

Depends in what model bike it is from, If it's a complete dry clutch assembly from a 86 or 89 gixxer then they are worth allot to the guys that have these models, Such as myself. However they do not fit a standard model due to the output shaft. They are completely different on the dry clutch models, you would need it fit and I doubt you'll find one in a hurry unless your getting the entire Limited Edition gearbox as well.

You are welcome to call me to discuss this further any time. 0413 306 669 I would be interested if the price is right.

OZ750L
11-06-2009, 10:27 PM
DC,

Not worth it unless you have a supply of plates to go with it. Need to swap over the clutch shaft in the gearbox as well like Evil says. On top of that, if you deck it, don't expect to find replacement bits for it if you damage it. Rare as and bulk dollars. Better off to pass it on to one of the guys that already have a dry clutch who are chasing parts.

evilkarl
11-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Such as me. insert smile :)