PDA

View Full Version : Freighting bike from Sydney to Townsville

nelpd96
01-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Guys,
As sone of you may know I have just bought Steve's Daytona. Problem being that I didn't bother to check on frieght costs first. I am getting quotes as high as $1300. I have noticed that most of them make a big deal if the bike is over 450cc. I did and online quote and under 450c was $439 over 450cc was $940. Do you guys know of anyone that can help me out. I need to get the frieght cost under $500.

Cheers
Paul

Gix11
01-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Again, try Kaye via Suxukifreak, I think she can help with frieght.

Large
01-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Where's Rexie?

fimpBIKES
01-11-2006, 05:23 PM
saw rexies bedford the other day
but havent heard from him in a few weeks

just put some "250" stickers on it??

03gixxerpilot
01-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Paul talked to my mate and he cannot remember what the company was, so i asked another mate who has had a bike transported up here, he used all west carriers and said not to use them as they f****d him around and took over a month to deliver, I'll keep making a few inquries and let you know what i can find

Clive

ozkat
01-11-2006, 06:06 PM
"Bikes Only" located in Brisbane. Ive used them and you get 1st class service.

nelpd96
02-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Bikes only wanted around $1000 for frieght it. how much did you pay for yours?

I am seriously thinking about the 250 sticker thing, as if they are going to know. :D

Clive that would be great if you could let me know I want to get this thing moving as soon as possible I have work to do;)

Cheers
Paul

jakam04
02-11-2006, 10:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

"Bikes Only" located in Brisbane. Ive used them and you get 1st class service.

Sorry Ozkat, but Id say that point of getting first class service might be a tad of a stretch. Had two bikes transported by them and both were damaged. I guess it depends on individual contractors that may have handled my bikes from Darwin to Bris etc. It took me 6 months to get my bike back to my satisfaction.

Jarrod

stevo
02-11-2006, 04:53 PM
As I said to Clive... steer clear of Allwest ... all they did was put it on rail and charge me heaps for it and blacktown HD had already crated it.. they repeatedly lied about it having left .. they shuffled me around with bullshit for a few weeks until I got cranky and let them know the client would be reporting it to the police and insurance company as a stolen vehicle and I would be havin a few mates pay him a personal visit ... the tossa that runs it still tried to bullshit me that it had left and palm me off to the office girl... when I finally traced the REAL con note number it had only been dropped off at the rail the afternoon of the day I threatened him..

Another option seein as it's already damaged is to try the furniture removal companies...

suxukifreak
02-11-2006, 05:25 PM
If you can get the bike boxed up so it can be forked on and off, and fuel drained, i will get Kay to get a quote friday.

nelpd96
02-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks Des, I will give Steve a call and see if it can be done.

Cheers
Paul