PDA

View Full Version : I have man boobs (Moobs)

Shane0
10-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi all

Um, hmmmmmm, I grew up on the dirt (county lad) then the road, then had some years off due to losing half my right leg somewhere ;) anyhooo started riding again bout 6 years ago much to peoples disgust (ya know being one leg away from legless [:0] ) and never looked back.

Currently Im on an 06 VTR, chose a big twin mainly for the low rev funzos and cause I cant operate the rear brake so the twins help with that when ya roll off so its all good.

Done a bit of modding on it, mainly just bling did a back yard fenderectomy, changed everything that glows, add some extra fairing, cowl, pipes, I like CF so most of the bling is carbon fiber etc etc...Nothing real hardcore not like most of you so yep Im a nub.

dont have any bike mech skills really, just trial and error, always looking to learn more stuff, hence why I stopped in here.

Im currently building an 28 A model ford with a lot of help, its work in progress and ill finish one day before I die, I got into rods during my many years off bikes, so Im more car mech minded than bike unfortunately.

Rapid along with AMCN are me fav reads, Im on plenty of other forums for various reasons usually for info with a few laughs thrown in.

Anyhooo, hugs n kisses all round and ill no doubt bump into ya out in the mix

Shane

scotty
10-06-2009, 10:57 AM
hello again
Where abouts in melbs are ya?
Show us a photo of motorcicle

Fish
10-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Welcome Shane, dead set legend for throwing a (half) leg back over. Much kudos

timbo
10-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Welcome mate

wackyrider
10-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Welcome mate

KATO ZX7
10-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Hello ShaneO
welcome to the nuthouse :D

Pics??

Fish
10-06-2009, 07:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

Hello ShaneO
welcome to the nuthouse :D

Pics??

Of the leg, the bike or the moobs KATO?

All 3?

craig
10-06-2009, 07:45 PM
All of the above. welcome mate.

BANDITROD
10-06-2009, 07:49 PM
welcome aboard mate

Shane0
10-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Ta all for the welcomes.

Seriously I know fook all about modding, all ive done so far is strapped some stuff on, so pics of my stead would jus bore you all to death.

Oh and some one asked where in Melb I am, Im in the badlands.....northern suburbs.

timbo
11-06-2009, 12:01 AM
We still want pic mate because it's the done thing around hear. Hey the northern suburbs ain't so bad i'v done some work up that way and it seemed to be ok. if you want some good riding you need to come down my way in gippland the roads are grate with very few coppers we have tight stuff or we have fast sweepers it's your choice

Shane0
11-06-2009, 09:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by timbo

We still want pic mate because it's the done thing around hear. Hey the northern suburbs ain't so bad i'v done some work up that way and it seemed to be ok. if you want some good riding you need to come down my way in gippland the roads are grate with very few coppers we have tight stuff or we have fast sweepers it's your choice

I havent really gone out your way a lot, kinglake, Yea, Yarray Valley, Spurs seem to be where I head if Im looking for a ride, or the GOR. What roads do you recommend in Gippsland ???? and no cops is always a bonus ;)

My bike is covered in mud at the moment, they are doing a lot of road/building works around my hospital..that combined with wet roads has just caked the mud on, ill give it a wash and a rub this w/e then ill host up some shots and let you all make fun of me [:0]

TurboKat
11-06-2009, 01:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shane0

What roads do you recommend in Gippsland ????

Mate, how long have you got?
There is a plethora of both sweepery & twistery down that way, Timbo knows lots of it & is good enough at it to lead us on a group ride (just don't follow him too closely because he sometimes takes 'alternative lines' [:0];)). Part of my new year's resolution is to ride Gippsland more, the quality & variation of roads is amazing, the absence of Pleece means you don't hafta ride around with your sphincter puckered the whole time & the scenery is as spectacular as you'll find anywhere in Australia.

Shane0
11-06-2009, 01:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

What roads do you recommend in Gippsland ????

Mate, how long have you got?
There is a plethora of both sweepery & twistery down that way, Timbo knows lots of it & is good enough at it to lead us on a group ride (just don't follow him too closely because he sometimes takes 'alternative lines' [:0];)). Part of my new year's resolution is to ride Gippsland more, the quality & variation of roads is amazing, the absence of Pleece means you don't hafta ride around with your sphincter puckered the whole time & the scenery is as spectacular as you'll find anywhere in Australia.

Geezuz :D Yeah I dont get out the E/SE a lot probably cause the other rides are less time HWY/FWY to get to them from my place, my bad, laziness I guess :)

You have now successfully guilted me into looking at Gippsland lol

;)

sen
11-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Howdy to another VTR rider.. they're a bloody fun bike to own that's for sure.. nothing like setting off car alarms when you shift down into second and coast down a hill pop-pop-popping ;)

Shane0
11-06-2009, 04:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by sen

Howdy to another VTR rider.. they're a bloody fun bike to own that's for sure.. nothing like setting off car alarms when you shift down into second and coast down a hill pop-pop-popping ;)

For sure, I still get all gooey in the fork when I drop a gear and roll off and she starts bangin away :)

Hey you on any websites for the firestorm ??

Nudie
11-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Firestorms ehh? mmmmmm dont mind 'em meself.
Welcome along

lurch
11-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Welcome. Had a Firestorm myself a few years back, do miss that rumble

KATO ZX7
11-06-2009, 07:12 PM
All talk and no pics????

I'l look at what ever it is you show me [}:)]

Tony Nitrous
11-06-2009, 07:17 PM

Hi all

Currently Im on an 06 VTR

Im currently building an 28 A model ford

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7396/worthlesswithoutpics.gif

Shane0
11-06-2009, 07:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

Hi all

Pic is a few months old, I have some black shorty Pazzo's, CF hugger n CF front fender plus I did a few teeth up on the year cog using a black vortex running a real poofy gold chain :) oh and I raised the forks through about 15mm and put on a set of Powers I have removed the rim stickers (WTF was i thinking with those) next step is to strip the paint off the edge of the rim and polish, I think this will look better than stickers.... oh also i plan to shove a 6mm spacer in the rear to really get it turning in. When I take some more pics Ill put them up as I have done a few things since this one.

Anyhoo, work in progress, I realise you guys are into minimalism and stripping rather than adding so Im sure this wont be up your ally but you wanted a pic so here one is, be fookin kind or there will be no x-mas card, and certainly no kisses [^]

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244736940.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244777978.jpg

gixkat
11-06-2009, 08:21 PM
welcome mate, plenty of larfs to be had here, mostly at the other fuckers posting here.

Watto
11-06-2009, 08:31 PM
welcome mate and 2nd Gk's comment :D

timbo
11-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Hey mate that's a sweet ride you've got there. i really like the lower fairing. As for roads to ride down this way like TK said there is a plethora of them. depending on how you want to go from your place you can head up through Yarra Junction to Noojee from there you have options like MtBawbaw{very tight and best done in summer} willow grove Hillend Erica Thompson Dam,Walhalla, Tyers the list goes on. If you come down the fwy you can do all the same roads from Longwarry and out through Neerim South. Now if you want to cross the fwy you've got Korumburra leongatha Mirboo North,and Thorpdale plus many more.So if you or anyone else wants to hit this area send me a pm and we can work it out from there.

Large
11-06-2009, 09:26 PM

Hi all

Pic is a few months old, I have some black shorty Pazzo's, CF hugger n CF front fender plus I did a few teeth up on the year cog using a black vortex running a real poofy gold chain :) oh and I raised the forks through about 15mm and put on a set of Powers I have removed the rim stickers (WTF was i thinking with those) next step is to strip the paint off the edge of the rim and polish, I think this will look better than stickers.... oh also i plan to shove a 6mm spacer in the rear to really get it turning in. When I take some more pics Ill put them up as I have done a few things since this one.

Anyhoo, work in progress, I realise you guys are into minimalism and stripping rather than adding so Im sure this wont be up your ally but you wanted a pic so here one is, be fookin kind or there will be no x-mas card, and certainly no kisses [^]

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244777978.jpg

Needs a Hemi:D

TurboKat
11-06-2009, 09:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Good onya Captain Obvious.
EVERYTHING needs a Hemi. [^]

Shane0
12-06-2009, 10:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Hi all

Well at least ya said hemi, if ya had gone chev that would have been totally unkool !!! [:0] not a lot of room in the A model for a Hemi, even the windsor is a squeeze, I dont want to open up the cowl and have a tunnel in the cockpit, to me that looks stoopid, so it doesnt leave much room and there is no way on gods earth a chev will ever see the inside of any car i own !!!

12-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Ford in Ford FTW!!! Leave it matte black too