PDA

View Full Version : Bikes as cheap transport

dazz
31-10-2006, 11:25 PM
anyone who falls into this category can suck my furry ball sack!
These are the ignorant pricks that look straight at you when you give them the nod and do fuck all to recognise your efforts.

Or " I only paid $900 for the bike,how can the repair bill be $2800?"[:0] - because you bought a shitheap

I SAY FUCK EM!!!!!:(:(:(

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Open faced fuckstick helmets, Cordura jackets, intercoms, heated hand grips, RIDING FOR 6 MONTHS AND KNOW THE FUCKING LOT

GET FUCKED!!!

needed to vent that frustration[:p]

Gix11
31-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Ok, you lost me, but I'm pissed so that's not hard. But what are you on about?

alfiestorm
01-11-2006, 02:56 AM
Having a bad day Daz.

Yes the dickhead brigade are a world wide problem but thankfully they are a minority at the mo.

Your ranting reminds me of a person who bought a Honda 250N super dream from me when i was a self employed bike technician.
The pratt came back with it a couple of weeks later demanding his money back all £100 of it saying it kept breaking down and was leaking oil from the front and rear suspension and also the carbs were flooding sometimes and it was difficult to start.
He kept on with his loud shit voice so I looked the bike over and agreed that it did indeed leak oil and yes the carbs are leaking slightly and hmmm yes it is difficult to start.
Buy now matey was starting to think i was going to fix it like fuck I was I went to my desk and retrieved the bill of sale which clearly states the faults with the bike and that it is not road worthy and is sold for spares or repair signed and printed names of mine the seller and the dickhead that bought it I presented the document to the dickhead and told him to politely go away or if he wanted he could leave it with me and i would fix it and my labour charge would be £30 per hour.
Didn't see the cunt again or the bike

hmmmnz
01-11-2006, 05:24 AM
yep the weekend warriors are fading away over here now, the cold keeps them at bay :D now its just the guys like me who use there bikes as transport, oh joy.
a guy on a racing push bike gave me a wave today on the way home, first time thats happened,

dazz
01-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Sorry for the ranting but I had to ride to sydney to sign up a customer and I must have passed 12 bikes around the Northern Beaches and not 1 of them responded to 'the nod'

Then when I got there, the guys mate went on and on for 40 minutes about how he bought a CX500 for cheap transport but when he went to get a pink slip, they hit him with a list a mile long of problems.And they all sounded legit too, steering head bearings, swing arm bearings, fork seals, crank case oil leaks, 2 tyres, wheel bearings, top end rebuild as she is smokey, replace fuel tap, recover seat(apparently a beach towel is the current cover!). I just cop this crap all day every day and I needed to vent the frustration.

What a night!

Benz
01-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Yeah Dazz, I hear ya. The "Nod" has died in the Territory too.
I had a gig at Katherine last weekend, and the 600km road trip there and back did not see a single driver return acknowledgement. Used to be [I thought anyway] part of the trip was to keep in good with other road users, but now no-one seems to give a shit.
I know you are talkin about riders, and unfortunately the same has happened for them. I still give the NOD,[NOT to scooters, or fuggin Hardleys, 'cause they Never nod, but more and more, other riders are losing the habit too. IT SUX[V]

fimpBIKES
01-11-2006, 11:57 AM
no nods in newcastle unfortunately

sometimes if im bored i hook a u-banger
hunt them down then give a big wave when i overtake them

wankers

dane_ra
01-11-2006, 01:08 PM
I hear ya Dazz,

I work in a bike shop and put up with the wankers all the time. I know about the whole "only paid $200 for it and you want to charge $1200 to fix it!!"[}:)][B)][xx(]

Fuggin wankers[^]

papa smurf
01-11-2006, 01:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by dane_ra

I hear ya Dazz,

I work in a bike shop and put up with the wankers all the time. I know about the whole "only paid $200 for it and you want to charge $1200 to fix it!!"[}:)][B)][xx(]

Fuggin wankers[^]

Yep same here i get the fuggin idiots EVERY DAY.
Being the service manager at this shop really has it's down sides some days.
They all come in as if they are your long lost bestest buddy & then bloody ignore ya on the road.
(not that i want to know most of them anyway) WANKERS[}:)][}:)][}:)]

pt
01-11-2006, 02:00 PM
hmmm i dunno. i nod if im not concentrating on the idiot driving a taxi (death machine) behind me. but i am a massive stinge when it comes to parts. but if i asked for something to be done i pay for it. i think its a bit redundant complaining about a price when you asked for something to be fixed and it has been

Ed74mnd
01-11-2006, 04:03 PM
cheap and transport can never be used in the same sentence....

In Sydney.

RE: the "NOD". I nod to everybody get nothing in return.

rude pricks. i only started riding 10 years ago and the nod was a prerequisite, a rite to passage, a secret acceptance to the fraternity, something that a non rider would never know and experience.

then heaps of tossers buying the latest bikes with matching leathers decided not to nod.. weekend warriors i expect.

have you ever noticed "the nod" is always returned by a fellow rider riding in the rain?

just ranting bc ive had a shit day...

Ed

Iceman
01-11-2006, 04:11 PM
I quite often find the finger gets the recognition more that the nod.

Hey, being a streetfighter pilot comes with attitude and behavioural problems. Doesn't it?

kevkatana
01-11-2006, 06:42 PM
I nod at work on the postie bike. If they don't nod back I usually stand up on the pegs and wave like I know them.
Especailly H[xx(]rley riders. 'Tis great watching them almost run up the arse of the car in front:D.

NakedTurboBusa
01-11-2006, 07:11 PM
I nod to all..... but fuck, some cunts are toolboxes.... more and more...

fuck them all!!!

Rocket
01-11-2006, 07:37 PM
I hardly ever nod, maybe I'm a wanker or something.

If I pull up next to someone at the lights, I will always say gidday, doesn't matter what they or I am on.
Some people do ignore me though, so i just think, fuck em.

I do get occasional nods and will nod back if I have time to respond, but i'm not usually a nod instigator.

I always wave on the open road, and it's usually only club guys that don't wave back, and some other people just don't have time to react.

A rider on a streetfighter ? If I was on a streetfighter, absolutely !
It show's a common interest in riding something no one else has got and taking the time to build something yourself. So that automatically makes them a mate that you just haven't met yet.

dazz
01-11-2006, 09:29 PM
had a guy with a 2000 RM250 with a leaking water pump seal. For those of you who don't know, these are only replacable with the cases split.

I quoted 6 hours labour to do the job and was told "to fit a $14.00 part,what a rip off. My mate can do the job without slitting the cases".

2 days later the same guy comes back in to order a set of crank cases and book his bike in for the fitting. His mate got a die grinder and ground out the retaining rim so he could put the seal in from the outside. Soon as it got hot, it pushed out the seal.

I asked the prick "out of curiosity,what does your mate do for work?"

He responded with "He packs shelves at Woolworths"

"He'd be my first pick for advise too mate"

Tone
02-11-2006, 05:04 AM
Seems to be a lot of flash young guys on the latest "sports" bikes and born again bikers here on the northen beaches Dazz,not noticable nodders are they?Maybe they think my shitty old gsxr is beneath them.We're not all that bad,I'm a nodder, as well as a bit of a noddy (fuck off big ears!)according to the wife.I've noticed a trend for arrogance on the roads in Sydney that borders on a pre-requisite for being "cool".An attitude that says "if you can't be a cunt then you should not be on the road".This is more of an issue in the 4 wheel world though,I admit.
As for prices...I'm in the middle of forking out a grand for work on my bike that I wouldn't be confident to do so I'm paying it.It better be good work but I'm happy to shell out for that.Bummer is though that in order to have my bike run better I now have to save hard again before Ben gets to work some magic on the fucker.Ah well! (Puts chin on chest).

Hillsy
02-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Hey fellas,

I’ve done a bit of work in the past in some old school bike shops / wreckers and we had our fair share of tossers come in and expect you to turn their $100 piece of crap into a new bike for under $50. One of the mechanics I worked with had a classic line for the tossers when they arc’d up at the cost – “Hang on mate, I’ll just go out back and get the magic wand……” The look on the tossers faces after that one was priceless….

On the other hand, people simply don’t know what’s involved in fixing bikes. I even get surprised myself, sometimes. I got some quotes for doing the shims on my ZX9 – cheapest of which was over $300. I thought that was a bit rich, so I did it myself. I now know where the expense comes from – it’s in labour for getting all the crap off the bike just to get to the cams – and mine doesn’t even have a fairing.

As for nodding, I try and nod to everyone (except the patch wearers). But it’s getting harder nowadays – you’ve gotta keep one eye on the blind cage drivers and the other watching for revenue cameras. And I’m not too flash at multi-tasking (at least that’s what I tell the wife when I ignore her)…..

dane_ra
03-11-2006, 06:42 AM
I'm in Sydney and ALWAYS used to nod to EVERYONE.

Didn't last long... fuckin hardleys (and hardley wannabes) grandpa/mid-life crisis dicks, scooters can all go and get fucked, rude ignorant pricks.

So I continue giving the nod to anyone not in the above group (unless of course they nod to me) but even then its only 40% that nod back.

I'm losing faith[V]

Anyway, life goes on.

BOHEMION
03-11-2006, 12:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by NakedTurboBusa

I nod to all..... but fuck, some cunts are toolboxes.... more and more...

fuck them all!!!

I hear ya ! mate, if i dont get a nod I actaully get pretty fukin angry now. Am like WTF! got a few nods from bike cops the other day [^]

pt
03-11-2006, 12:37 PM
whoever said you always get nods when riding in the rain was right. i got nods from everyone INCLUDING a HARDLEY DRIVEABLE and a STOOGEMOBILE[8D]