PDA

View Full Version : Revenue Collectors

Chase
05-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Living in a financially broke NSW...

I got pulled over this morning on the express way (Chatswood cops again!). I was riding along saw him on the side, wasn't speeding, wasn't lane splitting, just being a good boy and got the flashing lights behind me.. thought wat the fk??

He tells me he pulled me over because I didn't have both hands on the bars..... thinking I'd just done my license - double demerits...I went a little nuts - swore a lot to the extent of "Are you fkn kidding me - this is what you're pulling me over for?? Are you really that fkn bored, every person in a car that went past had only one hand on the wheel..(rant rant)!!'

He's like "wow, calm down I'll just give you a warning this time.."

So riders beware - its getting really pathetic!
FKN revenue collectors..
:(:(

-Dex-
05-06-2009, 02:58 PM
I was doing about a buck twenty down wakehurst parkway the other day at around 5.30am. No-one else in sight. Fly past a stationary cop car pulled far enough off the road that he was obscured by bushes until I was about ten feet from him. He pulls me over and has a big old laugh and says he just got there and hadn't set up his radar yet etc. so he wasn't going to book me. We ended up chatting about bikes and fighters for around twenty minutes. Fucking coolest cop I've ever come across, he could easily have booked me if he felt like being a cunt.

Jup
05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
According to the NSW riders handbook it's not illegal to have one hand off the bars:

"HAND SIGNALS
Motorcycle riders can use hand signals for stopping, slowing or turning. Hand
signals can improve rider safety in situations where very bright light conditions made
it difficult for the motorcycle’s brake and indicator lights to be seen.
To give a hand signal for stopping or slowing, the rider must extend either arm at
a right angle with a flat palm. Turning is signalled by a straight arm with flat palm
pointing in the direction of the turn."
Source: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/motorcycle_riders_handbook.pdf

I'd say you're being bluffed...

Yamie
06-06-2009, 06:54 AM
The new law came in last year up here QLD They booked a shit load when they had there blitz in the hinterland last year. One of the new hooning laws

336LJ
06-06-2009, 07:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Yamie

The new law came in last year up here QLD They booked a shit load when they had there blitz in the hinterland last year. One of the new hooning laws

I didnt know they changed it???, If i have cop behind me I do it on purpose to see if its true, and have never been pulled over, I just put my left arm on my hip and make it look like I'm watching them in the mirror. they never do nuthin.

My mate got done for "failure to sit forward facing, and astride or some shit" because he stood up and twisted around a bit to direct someone behind him.

Booster
06-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Your joking ... i ride one handed on every long distance trip, how are you supposed to relax and be comfortable riding if you have to sit in one position all the time..... another fine example of legislation by those with no fucking idea.....

336LJ
07-06-2009, 09:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

Your joking ... i ride one handed on every long distance trip, how are you supposed to relax and be comfortable riding if you have to sit in one position all the time..... another fine example of legislation by those with no fucking idea.....

not to mention cleaning your visor.

renegade
07-06-2009, 10:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Chase

I got pulled over this morning on the express way (Chatswood cops again!). I was riding along saw him on the side, wasn't speeding, wasn't lane splitting, just being a good boy and got the flashing lights behind me.. thought wat the fk??

He tells me he pulled me over because I didn't have both hands on the bars..... thinking I'd just done my license - double demerits...I went a little nuts - swore a lot to the extent of "Are you fkn kidding me - this is what you're pulling me over for?? Are you really that fkn bored, every person in a car that went past had only one hand on the wheel..(rant rant)!!'

FKN revenue collectors..

were you the guy on the red bike that was pulled over just before the reserve road exit?
scared the shite out of me when i came cruising round the corner to see the red and blue.

alfiestorm
09-06-2009, 03:19 AM

FKN revenue collectors..

Fuckin good onya for giving the traffic cop shit. I had enough of them pricks when I was in south oz Oh and i WON when I contested the dip shits speeding ticket in court.

alf :D

Chris41
09-06-2009, 08:05 AM
I got done for rounding up the traffic in Beresfield 5 minutes from home
on my way to the Alpine Rally if you stay in holiday traffic it takes 30 minutes to go maybe 2 Ks from the New England to F3 trouble is two cops where sitting in the traffic. 1 point left :(

Jockney Rebel
09-06-2009, 05:53 PM
the term "being painted into a corner" is coming to mind

Chase
09-06-2009, 08:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by renegade

were you the guy on the red bike that was pulled over just before the reserve road exit?
scared the shite out of me when i came cruising round the corner to see the red and blue.

Na, the black ZX6R - got pulled over just before the Pacific Hwy exit. Am guessing I'm not the first to be pulled over for some bullshit reason..

Chase
09-06-2009, 08:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

Fuckin good onya for giving the traffic cop shit. I had enough of them pricks when I was in south oz Oh and i WON when I contested the dip shits speeding ticket in court.

Nice one! How'd you manage that?

alfiestorm
10-06-2009, 06:53 AM

quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

Nice one! How'd you manage that?

The basic story is this. Got pinged for doing 78k in a 60k zone according to the twat in the unmarked car parked on the side of the road.
Long story short they could not produce any calibration certificates for any of the equipment they used (the courts said that this is a grey area, reason for doubt then), which I had asked for copies. I stuck to my guns and told the judge that I was not speeding. I got stung for victims of crime levy 84 bucks I think it was. Main thing was the speeding offence was dropped and the demerit points and one big fuck you to the traffic cops from me.
alf
There is a post on here with all the finer details in it some where