PDA

View Full Version : BRING THE MORGAGE TO A STAND STILL FOR GIX11

old gsxrr
02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I KNOW IFF I WAS IN THIS POSITION OF LOOSING THE HOUSE BECAUSE OF
SUPPORTING THIS SITE AND THE AFR FOR 2010 I WOULD WANT EVERYBLOODYBODY TO BUY A TICKET WHENEVER HOWEVER ,THEY COULD TELL BIKE RIDERS ANYWHERE ABOUT THE CHANCE OF WINNING ONE OF THE PRIZES YOU HAVE A CHANCE OF 1 IN 8 OF WINNING TRIPPLES WORTH $1,500 OR A SET OF TYRES FOR A $50 TICKET -DONATION -YOU CANNNNOOOOTT GET THESE SORT OF ODDS WHEREVER YOU BET/BUY TICKETS

SUPPORTERS OF OF OUR AFR STAND UP AND BITE THE BULLET REMEMBER THIS
I'm not complaining about it or giving up as the response about this year's event was far and beyond last year's and the result was spot on. We know where the problems stemmed from and we know how to make this work next year without losing, the only thing we don't have is my forgiving mortgage as that's the last I can draw on it, so without that I cannot commit to next year. So whatever you donate will go towards the rebuilding of the event. With your help and then attracting sponsors we hope we can make AFR10 happen.

FIGHTERMC
02-06-2009, 09:01 PM
i'll have one but
would it be ok just to give Si
the money when i meet him at the TT.
rgds
Mc

Large
02-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Just don't give it to him at Jaks or it'll just go on a tequila shout

Hagarr
02-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I am always ready to give to this site as Si is an absolute Gentleman and Legend

Just let me know how much and when and I'm there!!

bluemk1
02-06-2009, 11:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hagarr

I am always ready to give to this site as Si is an absolute Gentleman and Legend

Just let me know how much and when and I'm there!!

about 270 tix left to sell in the raffle
that should just about do it [:p]

link is in my signature :D

Brodie
03-06-2009, 07:37 PM
I will donate 10% of all Biker Babes clothing/merchandise sales from my Dyno Day on the 13th of June to the fund. It is probably not going to be a huge amount of money...but it's what I am able to do :-)

old gsxrr
04-06-2009, 03:38 PM
good on ya brodie

Iceman
04-06-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't mean to sound rude, but who r u ken?

old gsxrr
07-06-2009, 08:25 PM
some one trying to stir up the donations to prevent this iff possable
Posted - 02 Jun 2009 : 20:00:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I KNOW IFF I WAS IN THIS POSITION OF LOOSING THE HOUSE BECAUSE OF
SUPPORTING THIS SITE AND THE AFR FOR 2010 I WOULD WANT EVERYBLOODYBODY TO BUY A TICKET WHENEVER
HOWEVER

IFF YOU DONT HAVE A MORGAGE ON YOUR HOUSE THEN MAYBE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MY CONCERN

Iceman
07-06-2009, 09:08 PM
no shit. I hadn't noticed that

old gsxrr
07-06-2009, 10:18 PM
yeah it should have been self explanatory
but who r u ken?
don't people have the right to voice there concern iff YOU don't know them ?
so iff someone you know motivates in some way people to help in someway that's ok?
hey i'm trying to get more financial support for this site because someone has put there own finances into MORGAGE, so do you know any MOTORCYCLISTS/CUSTOM BUILDER/BIKER that maybe interested in the prizes in the raising of funds for gix11 , then let them know

Iceman
07-06-2009, 10:40 PM
I was just trying to figure out if I'd actually met you, not questioning you reasoning.

old gsxrr
07-06-2009, 11:04 PM
i've been to the ASF SITE at the laverda concourse in bris a couple of years running and met a few members at other times, but haven't been on any ride days as the bikes not a fighter yet , so no i haven't met you but have support for this site and for the continuation of asf and afr

JackTar
08-06-2009, 12:58 AM
What is the fucking point of this thread? There is one for this already.

Cruisecontrol
08-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Vicarious popularity perhaps?

dingo
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
i doubt thats old gsxrr's intent,(im a dumb fuk and had to look up vicarious), i say good on him for voicing his concern , its a great site and has been a focal point of my nights and enthusiasm for bikes again, i feel like i owe a lot of rounds to all on this site like im sitting at some back yard BBQ, it feels so homely. im sure i speak for a lot of other nobodies when i say its great to sit back round a raging fire(ASF) with a brew in hand listening and contributing to others stories and hardships , would be a shame to come home one day to see the fire is out and the good folk have stayed at home.(fuk that sounds deep [:0])

old gsxrr
08-06-2009, 11:01 PM
[quote]Originally posted by JackTar

so tell me how well the tickets are selling , so Si is overseas at the moment everyone has slackened off

old gsxrr
09-06-2009, 08:33 AM

so tell me iff you would be starting threads and being more VOCAL
about getting tickets sold iff it was a joint dept that meant you had to get the money raised to keep your house

Hagarr
09-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Well done Ken!

HueyonaBlade
09-06-2009, 09:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by old gsxrr

so tell me iff you would be starting threads and being more VOCAL
about getting tickets sold iff it was a joint dept that meant you had to get the money raised to keep your house

Whilst I understand the point of what you are attempting mate , those that have given already would be those that are passionate of the site and could afford it , they would also be the ones to have told those that they know about it to also encourage ticket sales, but to be truthful mate, standing here banging your chest isn't going to solve the situation . It actually seems that you are setting out to be the one to be honoured if this grand plan is pulled off[V]IMO
So get of peoples backs and hit the streets with your raffle book in hand mate if you really want to turn yourself into a matar , and in closing I would also suggest that Clint is quite right mate in asking who you are , alot of people have been on here for a few years and achieved a great number of things with in there own abilities with the help of the guys on here and have also made a new great bunch of friends,people come and go on a whim on this site, and it seem that the majority of them enjoy kicking tyres as there past time......SO WHO ARE YOU[?]

Cruisecontrol
09-06-2009, 10:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by dingo

i doubt thats old gsxrr's intent,(im a dumb fuk and had to look up vicarious), i say good on him for voicing his concern , its a great site and has been a focal point of my nights and enthusiasm for bikes again, i feel like i owe a lot of rounds to all on this site like im sitting at some back yard BBQ, it feels so homely. im sure i speak for a lot of other nobodies when i say its great to sit back round a raging fire(ASF) with a brew in hand listening and contributing to others stories and hardships , would be a shame to come home one day to see the fire is out and the good folk have stayed at home.(fuk that sounds deep [:0])

All excellent points, however the raffle is for the AFR, not the ASF site.
I pay for a yearly membership, I have several shirts (my 3yr old son has one too), hoody, a stubby cooler, car sticker and a calendar all emblazoned with the ASF logo and also look at ads recently placed on the site.

[u]That</u> is supporting the ASF website.

Buying tickets in the "SAVE OUR AFR COMPETITION", which is a event, is completely different.

HueyonaBlade
09-06-2009, 01:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

quote:Originally posted by dingo

All excellent points, however the raffle is for the AFR, not the ASF site.
I pay for a yearly membership, I have several shirts (my 3yr old son has one too), hoody, a stubby cooler, car sticker and a calendar all emblazoned with the ASF logo and also look at ads recently placed on the site.

[u]That</u> is supporting the ASF website.

Buying tickets in the "SAVE OUR AFR COMPETITION", which is a event, is completely different.

Here , here[|)]

bluemk1
09-06-2009, 01:40 PM
not sure why everyone is getting so worked up over all of this.
i would like to think that everyone is doing their little bit to help in whatever way they can.
i have never been to an afr but still contributed to the raffle, sure the prizes helped somewhat.
maybe this is the only way old gsxrr can help out at this time.
no need for the guilt trips or the questioning, as far as i can see we are all trying to achieve the same thing here.

latheboy
09-06-2009, 02:19 PM
SHUT UP BLUEMK1....

Sorry i just had to get in on the action:D;)

Ummm ... yep thats all i've got to add..

Iceman
09-06-2009, 02:30 PM
lol

old gsxrr
09-06-2009, 04:03 PM
[quote][
but to be truthful mate, standing here banging your chest isn't going to solve the situation . It actually seems that you are setting out to be the one to be honoured if this grand plan is pulled off[V]IMO
So get of peoples backs and hit the streets with your raffle book in hand mate if you really want to turn yourself into a matar , and in closing I would also suggest that Clint is quite right mate in asking who you are , alot of people have been on here for a few years and achieved a great number of things with in there own abilities with the help of the guys on here and have also made a new great bunch of friends,people come and go on a whim on this site, and it seem that the majority of them enjoy kicking tyres as there past time......SO WHO ARE YOU[?]

you know nothing about me thats WHO I AM ,when i contributed to the site i swapped photo's of bikes with Si and he seemed a good bloke
as far as a grand plan i'd much rather be standing in the background
and everything running smoothly but as i KNOW HOW SLACK WE CAN ALL GET i was trying to motivate for more to be done by who ever can
i'm in a country town and the only person that would be interested
around here in buying tickets was at the afr and has already bought some, anyone i know that would be interested knows. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO JUSTIFY MYSELF I'M NOT BANGING MY CHEST I'M HAVING TO EXPLAIN WHO I AM AND WHAT GIVES ME THE RIGHT TO EVEN SAY " IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN TELL SOMEONE ABOUT THE RAFFLE"
AS FAR AS BEING IN THE GROUP "ONE OF THE BOYS" THATS THE ONLY REASON YOU'VE EVEN COMMENTED ABOUT THIS THREAD BECAUSE "WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING" I DON'T KNOW YOU, WELL I DECIEDED I HAD THE RIGHT BECAUSE HE DESERVES TO BE HELPED AS MUCH AS POSSABLE AND I'M A FINANCIAL CONTIBUTOR TO THIS SITE ,

suxukifreak
09-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Why dont we all get back to spending our time and money on building Streetfighters which is what this site is about.

AND STOP SHOUTING!!!!!

sharky
09-06-2009, 04:35 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244603513.jpg

Iceman
09-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I think a lot of people may be taking this the wrong way. I'm sure Ken had no hidden agenda, nor was he having a go at anyone in particular. Unfortunately I was one of those people and my initial thought was "who the fuck do you think you are putting that guilty trip shit on me". As you may or may not know, I've been here for a while now and try'n to make a genuine effort to support the streetfighter movement. I don't think I needed to be reminded as to the financial situation of AFR09, after all, I was there. From about 4AM Thursday morning until midday Monday. OK, I'll admit that my original question of, "who are you Ken?" may have got alot of people thinking the same as I was, but really you aren't making the situation better with the capslock on. Sometimes attack is not the best defence.

scotty
09-06-2009, 05:44 PM
What!!!!!
There was an AFR in 09

I gotta stop taking drugs

Iceman
09-06-2009, 06:19 PM
lol

bluemk1
09-06-2009, 06:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

SHUT UP BLUEMK1....

OH THATS IT I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS FUCKING PLACE!!!!!!

ALL YOU CUNTS DO IS YELL AND SHIT AND WEAR SKIRTS.

I'M LEAVING!!!

bluemk1
09-06-2009, 06:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1

quote:Originally posted by latheboy

SHUT UP BLUEMK1....

I'M LEAVING!!!

who was that clown? :D

old gsxrr
09-06-2009, 07:01 PM
quote:

I'M LEAVING!!!

THATS MORE LIKE IT, NOW WE'RE BACK TO NORMAL [^]

Iceman
09-06-2009, 07:29 PM
:D

your still yelling

JackTar
09-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Look I'll be quite honest here Ken, I couldn't give a fuck who you are, I am sure you are a top bloke who means well and hopefully I will share a beer with you and all of these other ferals next year. I have no idea what the fuck you have said in the last few posts as, whilst I am not quite the grammar nazi that CruiseControl is, I would sooner let a death adder bite my cock than decipher what you have written, it just looks like too much hard work.
I understand what you are trying to do but do you really believe that what you have written will change anything? People who are interested are interested and people who aren't never will be, if every member of this forum starts a thread about the same thing what will it achieve beside making everyone sick of seeing it?

Oh and turn off your fucking caps lock it is as annoying as fuck.

davio
09-06-2009, 08:15 PM
who the fuck am i?and how is it that not 1 cunt in this whole forum knows there is a T in mortgage and if bitching made si money ,well hed be in cannes right now ,but i wrote all that with a huge grin ,as it dont matter boys an gals,, u got ,money ,, give some to si,, u dont,,dont

JackTar
09-06-2009, 08:21 PM
You make a good point there davio, whatever it is.

wackyrider
10-06-2009, 12:33 PM
To be honest, I've been feeling quite uncomfortable lately as I am not currently able to afford a ticket. I went to the AFR and paid for the whole weekend, Drove up with lots of other Mexicans for 26hrs to get there and had a blast. i pay my yearly membership on the site and love meeting up with all of you guys for a beer and a bullshit. I currently have my bike in pieces and waiting to be able to buy some parts to get it back together.

All this guilt trip has done basically to me (and surely to others who cannot currently afford) is make me feel uncomfortable. I'm currently selling some bike parts so when I get some coin I'll def be buying a ticket or 2. I currently have to check my balance from week to week, as i'm sure other people here are as well.

All in all, I understand the point to help out, but people can start feeling uneasy seeing multiple threads regarding this and end up stop posting or just never sign up in the first place.

That's my opinion at least

scotty
10-06-2009, 02:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

You make a good point there
Farkin ell,
There was an AFR in 09 and now i find out there is a point to it all....
Fuck it i'm givin up the booze as well

sharky
10-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Silly suggestion maybe, but why not get a mate to go halves on a ticket....most of the prizes could be shared between 2 somehow.

scotty
10-06-2009, 04:26 PM
farkin ell Sharky,
WHAT'S THAT GOT TO DO WITH DRUGS, BOOZE AND POINTS

wackyrider
10-06-2009, 05:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Silly suggestion maybe, but why not get a mate to go halves on a ticket....most of the prizes could be shared between 2 somehow.

trying to sell some parts. Hopefully will be buying a ticket next week.

sharky
10-06-2009, 05:10 PM
sshhh, you'll upset Clint

sharky
10-06-2009, 05:11 PM
quote:WHAT'S THAT GOT TO DO WITH DRUGS, BOOZE AND POINTS
sshhh, you'll upset Clint again...

scotty
10-06-2009, 06:16 PM
sorry

Iceman
10-06-2009, 06:42 PM
GET FUCKED!;)

JackTar
10-06-2009, 07:35 PM
You cunts are all cunts. Especialy the cunts.
Speaking of cunts Rod check your farking email.

scotty
10-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Shut up ya cunt

Tony Nitrous
10-06-2009, 08:58 PM
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2706/81940862.gif

old gsxrr
10-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey wackyrider,this wasn't sposed to be a guilt trip it was to think of ways for other people outside of asf to get to buy tickets,i've run my finances down to zero at the moment as well,
some have more necessary commitments ,

latheboy
11-06-2009, 06:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by scotty

farkin ell Sharky,
WHAT'S THAT GOT TO DO WITH DRUGS, BOOZE AND POINTS

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1244710965.jpg

Is this the sort of point your talking about scotty????
as far as the others go, i may have got on it a bit last night. Im ment to be doing Jury Duty today (2nd time round) so i thought fuck it ill turn up smashed... Now i find out that its been put off till friday .. Wicked i get to go to work fucked up[V]:D;)

scotty
11-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeh Malty,
No guilt trips here mate. Oldgsx was just letting all the folks on this site know that there is another fuckin thread about the same shit...
cos surly nobody knew
rite

old gsxrr
16-06-2009, 09:58 PM
[quote]Originally posted by scotty

Yeh Malty,
No guilt trips here mate. Oldgsx was just letting all the folks on this site know that there is another fuckin thread about the same shit...
cos surly nobody knew
rite

yeah looks like your guilty of making a statement that has already been made about another fucking thread about the same shit surely no-one knew ???

Gix11
24-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Wow, rad topic man!

All I can say is your hearts are all in the right place and you're a good bunch of blokes. Don't feel guilty, pressured or whatever else; I took the chance and the weather fucked me up, it's that simple, I'm just amazed by your generosity and willingness to help me out. Cheers to all.