PDA

View Full Version : Kwaka Ram air HELP ME(i will buy you beer/bourbon)

BANDITROD
31-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Ok guru's (TK,TIMBO) i am need all info on all of this ram air business with these kwaka's of yours a little birdy told me that unless i sort it out it wont rev passed 4k thats no good as i need to be able to rev it alot harder than that [}:)] its a zx9r E1

whoever is most helpfull will get some beer/bourbon for there efforts

Deano
31-05-2009, 02:48 PM
what is happening with your mobile mate.

don't you have to have the float bowl equalisation tube hooked up if the ram air is hooked up. look for the small funnel looking opening in the ram air ducts. follow that back and i think it hooks up to the float bowl.

one would assume that if you have no ram air cause you have fightered it then you don't need the pilot tube thingy. but if you have 1 then you must have the other connectd aswell.

i am sure one of the kwaka gurus will be along in a sec to give you the correct advice

BANDITROD
31-05-2009, 03:13 PM
awsome dude and i will give you a call later and let you know what the go is with my ph

TurboKat
31-05-2009, 03:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Deano

what is happening with your mobile mate.

don't you have to have the float bowl equalisation tube hooked up if the ram air is hooked up. look for the small funnel looking opening in the ram air ducts. follow that back and i think it hooks up to the float bowl.

one would assume that if you have no ram air cause you have fightered it then you don't need the pilot tube thingy. but if you have 1 then you must have the other connectd aswell.

i am sure one of the kwaka gurus will be along in a sec to give you the correct advice

Nuff said.

Ram air is a thing of beauty on Kawasakis Rod, try to maintain some form of ducting if you fighter it - you won't be sorry when you're accelerating like fuck at 200+ km/h [:p]

BANDITROD
31-05-2009, 03:42 PM
thats guys i will give that a go cheers

Hillsy
31-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Route the pipe that Deano is talking about back into the airbox (I put mine in underneath the box at the front). The idea is that this gets the same pressure as what is going into the carbs (if you just disconnect it and don't run any ram tubes you may still have problems as the airbox will get passive pressure / vacumm from the intakes behind the frame spars).

There's a few threads on this already - do a search on ram air.

Also, piss off the KLEEN air stuff and hook the 2 "L" tubes coming out of the rocker cover up to the crankcase breather. This makes the crankcase run in a vaccumm and is (reportedly) good for a few extra HP. I got a length of 22MM hose from an auto shop, a 19MM "T" and a couple of "L" joiners (the black plastic irrigation stuff) and joined them up. Cost about $8 and was a piece of piss ;)

And I'll drink any beer in a green bottle :D

BANDITROD
31-05-2009, 08:22 PM
thanks mate thats sounds about the same as what timbo told me over the phone and i will shout you a beer or 6 at next AFR hows that sound

Large
31-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Hey mister...can you do a skid ?

BANDITROD
31-05-2009, 09:04 PM
bollocks