PDA

View Full Version : Drag Bike Fans

Gix11
28-10-2006, 09:34 PM
So what has shayne been up to?
He's started a new project, we have now finished his website so go and check it out. www.dragbike.com.au

ozkat
19-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Hey, www.dragbike.com.au has just clicked over 100 posts, a small milestone but im very happy about it. :D

ozkat
16-12-2006, 09:27 PM
300+ posts, nearly 10,000 hits per day and lots of new members, things are looking good. It has exceded my expectations by miles. :D Thanks Si.

Gix11
16-12-2006, 11:17 PM
You just have to know what you're doing mate. It's my job! Welcome to the stress zone!

slamdog
17-12-2006, 05:27 AM
Hay OZ how long have you been into drag racing for ?.
Site looks good mate,

ozkat
17-12-2006, 07:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by slamdog

Hay OZ how long have you been into drag racing for ?.
Site looks good mate,
Started racing about 15 years ago, 1st in cars then bikes. Won a few streetcar shootouts and did pretty well in streetbikes on a modified Katana. Then sold up everything and moved to QLD. Ive only been back racing for about 6 mths and loving it. Started www.dragbike.com.au about 2 months ago cause it seemed like a good idea at the time and just gone from there. Im glad you like it slamdog :D

slamdog
17-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Was there no good dragbike sites in aus?
The only time ive gone down a drag strip was on my rgv250 about 100 years ago, f * # k that must have looked stupid am not a small person LOL.
Have been thinking of getting swing arm extensions for the r1 and having a go, do you know if the extensions are worth it as it will only be for the occasional play?

ozkat
17-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Slamdog, there is one other dragbike website here in Australia www.australiandragbike.com.au but i think he was having forum issues and the forum has closed. As for swingarm extensions im sure they would be a great improvment, but if you want 100% reliable info just ask the same question on my dragbike forum. Im no expert but a few blokes there are.

slamdog
17-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Thanx Oz will do that mate

WATEVR
17-12-2006, 08:45 AM
slamdog is you gonna put the extensions on you may aswell get lowering links and straps for the front to drop it there to and then you would notice a big difference....so they tell me and from what i have read. we have no strip here in adelaide thanks to that bloody bob jane character but i would love to run the zx when its going.

Booster
17-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Was a good site Australiandragbike.com.au but it ended up spammed to death and i think the guy running it found the maintainence too demanding.
Ozkats site is developing well and i hope it continues for a long time.

For occasional drag use a set of lowering links and front straps will give you an easily reversed setup, extensions need andra tech and chain length changes are less than ideal esp if an add in piece is worn differently or two chains are needed.

slamdog
17-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Watevr do they not have street drags over in Adelaide either[?] as for the lowering links & straps[?] might just see how I go first mate ;), it does look like it makes a big difference though.

Booster
17-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Distracted while posting and all the answers are up by the time i'm done :)

slamdog
17-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Dumb question here boys what is front straps [:o)]

Booster
17-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Like a tiedown but goes from the brake caliper mount across the top of the frame in front of the tank and to the other caliper mount.
Preloads the suspension to lower the bike and stops the suspension pushing the front up as you launch, makes heaps of difference but lower the back at the same time or tankslappers are going to happen.

17-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Strap the front suspension down to minimum height, hepls prevent the front end lift off as you launch, maybe other reasons too.

And yes it like one of those tie down straps.

We don't got no Drag track here in ACT either. Little Johnny nohope would rather spend the money on allowing fags to think they're in a real marriage, and defnding the rights of mossie terrorists. That (wo)man deserves some serious red kneck kickings.

Booster
17-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Examples here

http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=2359357&showprevnext=1
http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4801185&showprevnext=1

17-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Ahha just noticed you're from New Plymouth mate (expression used very generously[}:)]). No wonder you don't know nothing. ;)

So when are you migrating to the metropolis of Hamilton? Like all the others do :D

Do they still have the rev head meets down there, remember getting seriously pissed at a couple of'em years ago. Still can't remember what the town looks like, or the road in and out for that matter.

[8D]

slamdog
17-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks guys that has helped lots cheers :D, I think I might have to try that [^].

slamdog
17-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Hi chalk migrating to Hamilton aaaa NO ;) and yes the rev heads are still here have one of them working for me, he's going to kill someone one day pecker heads :(.
What were you doing down this way mate.

17-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Come from sunny Hamilton mate.

Escaped 20 years ago

Still haven't felt the need to go back for a visit. My brother was heavily into that rev head shit (he owns Restoration Services in Hamilton) I used to go along with mates on bikes, get pissed, and stir the fuck out of all the lead heads.
Then do the Harry Holt afap. :D