View Full Version : E-toll

Tony Nitrous
26-05-2009, 08:02 PM
'As of July, motorbike riders will be able to open a video account, but doesn't require riders to carry a tag. An image of the registration plate number of a motorbike will be captured as it cruises under a tolling point and tolls will be deducted from the account. Motorbike riders who have a full video tolling account will be exempt from paying the video matching fee of 40c per tolling point.'

ozkat
26-05-2009, 08:12 PM
English please Tony. [?]

hooligan
26-05-2009, 08:48 PM
I've got a tag.
I've even got the magnetic pouch so that I can mount it on the tank or handle bars (so the take can be read properly)
In sydney,if the tag doesn't read properly (which happens most of the time) they are supposed to match your number plate with your registered toll tag account, so you don't get a penalty notice.
In just the last 2 weeks, I've been sent 17 notices, each in a separate envelope with it's own stat dec. in case I wasn't the driver.
When I call to complain about the shitty system, I've been told that the multiple tag providers don't have access to each others databases, so unless you have the preferred tag account for the particular road you're on, the system is useless.

Unless the tags work reliably on bikes, I can't see how they make money on bikes, if you take into account the admin charges and time wasted to send out all the mistaken toll notices.

Tony Nitrous
26-05-2009, 08:49 PM
New E-toll accounts for Bikes.

You dont need to carry an E-toll transponder,

and you wont get charged when they take your pic and
try and trace your rego on the system as car's will
(and bikes were going to be)

Good for those of us who use the Gateway Bridge or
The Ipswich Motorway.

Issues
26-05-2009, 09:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

New E-toll accounts for Bikes.

You dont need to carry an E-toll transponder,

and you wont get charged when they take your pic and
try and trace your rego on the system as car's will
(and bikes were going to be)

Good for those of us who use the Gateway Bridge or
The Ipswich Motorway.

and don't have much choice. I will have to go this way soon. not real keen though.

scotty
26-05-2009, 10:21 PM
I've been running an account like this for a while, well kinda, i got 2 cars n 2 bikes on the same account so i elected to not carry a tag while riding(we have 2 toll systems, 1 tolls bikes and 1 dosent) because i got charged for riding on a toll road where bikes are free for having a tag in my pocket. now that i dont have one i cant be booked(or charged toll fee's) if they dont get a clear shot of my reg(i have alot of tree's that seem to drop leave's that land in my plate suround;))

Docktor
26-05-2009, 10:43 PM
damn dudes, they havent started toasting us in melb yet. said they would but havent tried yet

wonder if ya would get a fine if ya rode a vic registered bike thru brisbanes tolls ??

and scotty if ya park ya bike the other way round, the leaves wont fall in ya number plate surround.... . . . / ? ? ? OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Slain
27-05-2009, 08:17 AM
yeh dock you would cop the fine

will be good when this comes in, i had a small transponder on the inside of the retards headlight fairing, dunno if it ever picked up lol. but on the fighter they sent me the massive old school device so its still sitting in the garage.

scotty
27-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Doc, The whole point is that if you put a leaf in ya suround you dont get charged(the toll fee). But if you have a non tag account you cant get booked on eastlink .

Jup
08-06-2009, 06:20 PM
We have trees around here that whos leaves seem to exude a tacky glue like substance. You must live close to me scotty?

uncle pervy
08-06-2009, 08:39 PM
what are tolls? are they like trolls? cause i know a troll lives under bridges