PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Bikes - June 2009 edition out

Gix11
25-05-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1243269772.jpghttp://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1243303018.jpg

RAPID BIKES’S JUNE ISSUE ON SALE NOW!
This issue Rapid Bikes celebrates its 5th birthday!
There’s a world exclusive ALL AUSSIE 600 SUPERSPORT SHOOTOUT featuring Wayne Gardner, Bernie Hatton and Greg McDonald. Rapid test the bikes on the road, wet track, dry track and dyno – plus give you chassis data never seen before in any magazine…
The June issue also has a full test on the mighty GSX-R1000K9 and Honda’s tough CB1000R nakedbike.
Features include building a track bike for under $5000, Jim Budd’s career part II, how to change fork seals, an eight second turbo ZX-9R built for $8000, a pro stock engined Katana that is the most powerful natural Suzuki in the world, street registered in Victoria, and riding a Hayabusa around Australia in 20 days! There’s lots more in this issue – and new subscribers score a free Rapid Bikes T Shirt. There is also $500 worth of RJays gear up for grabs, Meguiar’s detailing kits to be won, a Hindle slip-on on offer, plus a free R6 Cal Crutchlow poster!
Racing news includes the latest WSS, WSBK, MotoGP, AMA, BSB, Aussie racing and all the gossip in Bracksy’s Brief’s – plus columns from Andrew Pitt,Wayne Gardner, Shawn Giles, Ben Attard and Paul Bailey…

JackTar
25-05-2009, 07:03 PM
And don't forget the section that talks about what an apparent disapointment the AFR was.

Large
25-05-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty disappointed that AFR 09 was listed as a disappointment.

My memory can be a bit sketchy, but I know I had a great time and I'm sure we got through at least 90% of the programme?

JackTar
25-05-2009, 07:12 PM
There was a programme? Fuck I must have been drinking Dylan's petrol when that came around.

Large
25-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Sorry bloke

I meant "list of things to do":D

And even though I worked several hours at the strip with all the other volunteers helping to set up and run the place ... I still got a heap of runs in, plus I got to watch the madfuck freestylers "Freestylin whattamuthha fuck" defy death, and the crazy stuntas try their best to explode their bikes for our pleasure while pointing straight up or down and got pissed with and introduced my little brother to the crew and ate the best vegetarian food ever and got pissed with good mates, and beat my little brother and Rexie and nearly beat Ben (cunt!1!!!!!!)down the strip. and got to rev the goona out of Bear's postie workhorse and watch the burnouts and won three awards and had a little burp spew and...I know there's heaps more, but I can't remember.[V][:p]:D

hyofighter
25-05-2009, 11:57 PM
doesnt sound like a dissapointing event to me !!!

Gix11
26-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Now who do you think wrote that then? I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure I know what the vibe is. What a surprise....

Chris41
26-05-2009, 09:59 AM
I haven't bought it yet. But as an event who could be disappointed.
we can't control the weather, and [u]considering</u> the conditions I would say it was a pretty good effort.
If it had been good weather especially the week leading up it would have been packed out I seriously hope Si can continue it and grows even bigger.

Fight_fan
26-05-2009, 11:43 AM
I was pretty surprised when I read that too! Even some guys I kno that weren't there but who I'd told about the event were like 'Well, thank fuck we didnt go then huh!'
A bit harsh IMHO...

Cruisecontrol
26-05-2009, 12:08 PM
My goodness, you ladies are an over-sensitive lot.

From a business perspective (which is exactly what Stu would be looking at it from) it was a let down.
The news that Si is now a grillion bucks in the red makes it a let down.
The competition to raise money to "save our AFR" makes it a let down.

I do not doubt that people had a great time with their mates, but if you consider the whole picture of bad weather, small turn out and financial loss, it was obviously a let down.

I was more upset that he spent so much time talking about a feckin Ducati...

fimpBIKES
26-05-2009, 12:53 PM
personally i was a bit dissapointed with AFR09, but more in myself (hard not to be when i didnt have my bike sorted)

i dont see how people can be unhappy with the competition, i think its good to see a lot of people scraping together the money
i know my jobs on the line at the moment and i've got it pretty good compared to some other people i know of

but in terms of the AFR being a let-down FFS
this was my fourth one and BY FAR the best organised event i have been invovled with
Si should be very happy with how things panned out, and i know the sunday riding sissies he needed didnt show up
and i know that it has left him in the red (and i wish i could do something about it, in fact i might go snag some more tickets now there is a paint job on offer)

but the raffles not going too bad, i like to think its a decent helping hand for si and the site

i get shittier about people who arent willing to pay up for full membership to be honest, but thats their call

im with large, i had a fuckin blast (and i didnt ride a bike with more than 17.4hp all weekend)

i was very dissapointed how-ever to not see anything in Rapid about it this month
surely it was STILL the biggest gathering of modified bikes in OZ in the last 12months, it deserved a spread!

Large
26-05-2009, 01:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

My goodness, you ladies are an over-sensitive lot.

From a business perspective (which is exactly what Stu would be looking at it from) it was a let down.
The news that Si is now a grillion bucks in the red makes it a let down.
The competition to raise money to "save our AFR" makes it a let down.

I do not doubt that people had a great time with their mates, but if you consider the whole picture of bad weather, small turn out and financial loss, it was obviously a let down.

I was more upset that he spent so much time talking about a feckin Ducati...

The fact is the event was only a let down for anyone who lost money on it...I haven't heard any complaints hereabouts from the entrants or spectators. The problem is that Stu didn't clarify what was disappointing about AFR. He wrote-

"Unfortunately after three months of working flat out planning AFR '09 with the pressure building, and then the let down of the actual event, I'm still a bit mentally screwed up about the whole thing..."

So the first comment in Rapid about AFR is negative and misleading and needs to be clarified in his next column so that the casual reader or anyone who might be interested in AFR '10 doesn't get the wrong idea about the event being a let down.

I'd hardly call that being oversensitive.

fimpBIKES
26-05-2009, 01:37 PM
the first comment, the only comment from what i've read.....

Fight_fan
26-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Yeh, I mean even the Cooma NFR got 2 months worth of spread n that was small time!

scotty
26-05-2009, 02:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

So the first comment in Rapid about AFR is negative and misleading and needs to be clarified in his next column so that the casual reader or anyone who might be interested in AFR '10 doesn't get the wrong idea about the event being a let down.

I'd hardly call that being oversensitive.

I will have to agree, Three months planing and 2 sec worth of drival . what chance have you got in making a good event if you dont follow throu with the hipe???
And wayne gardner can get fucked for using my mate to get his point across with out any mention of the poor guy's family. get some respect you old has been

Fight_fan
26-05-2009, 03:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by scotty

And wayne gardner can get fucked for using my mate to get his point across with out any mention of the poor guy's family. get some respect you old has been

??? Missed that bit me thinks...

HueyonaBlade
26-05-2009, 04:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Now who do you think wrote that then? I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure I know what the vibe is. What a surprise....

Hey I tried to access his website the other day and it definatley wasn't what I was used see once it loaded ,has he gone belly up[?]and do I detect so bad blood[:0]

JackTar
26-05-2009, 06:11 PM
You can have my copy if you like Si, has a full page picture of some scottish git in it. Or is that Scotch git?

Watto
26-05-2009, 06:13 PM
can;t comment on the rapid column as it isn't over here yet and I didn't make it to AFR but it looks like those that did had a blast albeit a bit soaked

Not sure on Stu - seen he had some chainguards/helmets for sale on that site this week at reasonable prices (picked my self up a guard for the trumpy and the gixxer)

Fight_fan
27-05-2009, 07:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by HueyonaBlade

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Hey I tried to access his website the other day and it definatley wasn't what I was used see once it loaded ,has he gone belly up[?]and do I detect so bad blood[:0]

Havnt been on the site 4 some time but I noticed he is trading on flea-bay now too!

WarHound
27-05-2009, 08:03 AM
At the end of the day though you don't want people reading it was disappointing because if there is to be another one, you want people saying .. damn I wanna go to that ... not oh well if its a bit of a disappointment then I will give it a miss. I think the best thing to do it talk it up 8)

customfighterer
28-05-2009, 08:20 AM
dont worry fuckers, there will be a GOOD story about how awesome AFR was printed very soon and distributed throughout the world ;)

angrypom
28-05-2009, 09:52 AM
i dont care what anyone says i had a good at my first afr this year, and im definately in next year, rain hail or shine. i think anyone who would be turned off from going next year because of one magazines write up isn't gonna go anyway or is just plain stupid.

Booster
29-05-2009, 09:27 AM
One thing i thought odd ... the suspension expert recommending front lowering straps for a guy lowering his bike so the missus can ride it.... ok on straight lines at the strip but bloody dangerous for general use on the road.....

Good write up on Bens and Live Wires bikes

scotty
29-05-2009, 11:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

One thing i thought odd ... the suspension expert recommending front lowering straps for a guy lowering his bike so the missus can ride it.... ok on straight lines at the strip but bloody dangerous for general use on the road.....

Good write up on Bens and Live Wires bikes
here here

Phill
29-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Well i for one had a great time at AFR.
the bike made it all the way up and back in one piece! everything else was a bonus!