PDA

View Full Version : footpath crusader

dingo
18-05-2009, 09:37 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1242665277.jpg

was in town today and saw this lad flyin down the footpath, followed him for a bit, poor fella thought i was chasing him, rekons re got an eng. kit for like $700 , fitted it himself and has plans to move the seat back into the rear down tube, he was getting new hangers cos these ones hit his knees(tall fella), who needs a licence :D , good on him i say. long live the footpath crusader![}:)]

Weaselman
18-05-2009, 09:50 PM
right up till the cops catch you and hang you out for riding an unregistered vehicle
We've got em in sydney and they are cunts of things

Doing like 40 the diving into traffic Ive tried to kick a few on the bike
and its not like they have insurence

dingo
18-05-2009, 09:55 PM
only one ive ever seen, i rekon he will get himself in the shit one way or another, i fukn laughed so hard as i watched him hitting the expansion joints of the bridge, i felt the pain in My kidneys

latheboy
19-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Not as cool as a board track racer.....

dingo
19-05-2009, 08:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

Not as cool as a board track racer.....

true:D

Weaselman- i saw him again today, your right, it wont be long before hes SQUASHED , let alone pulled over. saw him pull across a two lane just after going through a red light, lights turned green and the cars were up his ass abusing him, like i said its the first one ive seen, and after seing that today by fuk i hope i dont see more here[V]

Azrael
19-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Why let a few fuckwits ruin a good thing?
Im chuckin a motor in this for Tan and building one for myself, perfect for rollin to the park chasin the kids and our shaved arse, one nut, broken dog..

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1242823726.jpg

chopaweeza
20-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Weasel is spot on . In Sydney they really crack the shits over them . Anything that isn't clearly an aftermarket bolt on engine is automatically an unregistered , un-roadworthy , un-insured , un-complianced and a whole bunch of other stuff too. The distributor for a type that had the engine already attached at Windsor got fined over $50,000 in total for selling un-complianced road vehicles and his stock recalled where they knew the buyer . 18 year old around the corner lost his licence previously so his dad got one for him to get to work . Well , he copped over $2500 in fines and had an extra 2 years added to his existing disqualification when it went to court as well. Here's one that fat Tony made about 3 years ago and everything including the frame/forks etc is home made

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/chopaweeza/03-07-06_1229.jpg

Azrael
20-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Thats awesome Wayne. love the rack, is that for strappin a carton to? Is the frame carbon or alloy?

Illegal to ride or not im building one, I understand if people are riding them around in heavy traffic areas it would be stupid and dangerous but its perfect as a park or deli runner in the burbs..

Large
20-05-2009, 07:42 PM
My old school's motto was "If a job's worth doing, It's worth doing well".

Therefor anything less than a CR500 moteur in one of those shitters is not a job well done.

Shadowzone
27-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Qld (aka the Gestapo State) is also cracking down on them and I'd say our fun stoppers will now be under the pump to maximise revenue since the budget is completely fingered.

I want one myself to use as a shopping jigga. Just don't want the fines or demerit points to go with it since my SPER Tab is $18k

scotty
27-05-2009, 03:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Therefor anything less than a CR500 moteur in one of those shitters is not a job well done.
I've got an 85 stroker that i recon would be ok in one.
But as for the fuzz. Go electric

pappas
01-06-2009, 12:12 PM
You can get the kits much cheaper than $700

http://www.zbox.com.au/

chopaweeza
06-06-2009, 09:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Azrael

Thats awesome Wayne. love the rack, is that for strappin a carton to? Is the frame carbon or alloy?

Illegal to ride or not im building one, I understand if people are riding them around in heavy traffic areas it would be stupid and dangerous but its perfect as a park or deli runner in the burbs..

The frame was a set of bunk beds on the side of the road originally . The rear wheel was a fucked Baby Blade that he made a roller to repair and then rewelded . The front end was all one off including the front hub which at the time was the only twin front disc bicycle in Australia . Girder was hand made . The rear wheel , rear brake master cylinder , rear brake , seat , mud guard(was originally 4" narrower) , rack , front guard , bars and other bits were in my junk pile that he raided . Did a good job and last I heard it was for sale in St Marys if you are interested .

Azrael
15-06-2009, 11:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopaweeza

quote:Originally posted by Azrael

The frame was a set of bunk beds on the side of the road originally . The rear wheel was a fucked Baby Blade that he made a roller to repair and then rewelded . The front end was all one off including the front hub which at the time was the only twin front disc bicycle in Australia . Girder was hand made . The rear wheel , rear brake master cylinder , rear brake , seat , mud guard(was originally 4" narrower) , rack , front guard , bars and other bits were in my junk pile that he raided . Did a good job and last I heard it was for sale in St Marys if you are interested .

Im building one myself at the moment but cheers for the info, the bunk bed frame is fucken awesome, obviously a pretty resourceful and talented bloke. Ill post my monstrocity up when i get it done.