PDA

View Full Version : Idea For Next Bike

dane_ra
18-05-2009, 07:29 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1242667046.jpg

Was looking at CBR954/929s, but this caught my eye on bike pics.

I chucked some clip-ons on there & trimmed the front guard a bit in a bodgy paint effort, but what do you think?

Weaselman
18-05-2009, 07:46 PM
I used to own a hornet therefore they are gay but i loved it anyhow
Miles better than the CB13 thats for sure.

Fight_fan
19-05-2009, 07:41 AM
All I can say is DONT BUY A 929! They are the biggers 'Meh' bikes, I have a mate that owns one n after months of him ravin on about how good it was I decided to take it 4 a spin... I nearly fell asleep, that is until I needed to pull up 4 a 50 zone n the fuckin thing had paper mache 4 brake pads! It was most disappointing I must say...

dane_ra
19-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Interesting philosophy you have there weasel...:)

quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

I used to own a hornet therefore they are gay but i loved it anyhow
Miles better than the CB13 thats for sure.

The CB900 uses a 919 motor doesn't it?

RED ZX
19-05-2009, 09:08 AM
I rode one for a week, the 2 things I really wanted to change were the bars and the pipes.

Also I did not like the brakes on the example I rode.

zx12argh
19-05-2009, 12:19 PM
You did a good job with the flowers.

Tony Nitrous
19-05-2009, 12:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by dane_ra

Sort of.
All the naked bikes based on Sportsbike motors normaly
get their balls cut off to some degree.
Some use different heads / cam's / pistons,
Some its carbs and ignition.

dane_ra
19-05-2009, 02:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

You did a good job with the flowers.

Cheers mate, I was hoping you'd like that![:X]

dane_ra
19-05-2009, 02:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

Sort of.
All the naked bikes based on Sportsbike motors normaly
get their balls cut off to some degree.
Some use different heads / cam's / pistons,
Some its carbs and ignition.

Fair enough

Tony Nitrous
19-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Most of the changes from the original Blade engine are in the head and valvetrain to minimise dips in its power and torque response, especially when the throttle is first opened.

Although the 1998 FireBlade motor was fed by flat-slide CV carburettors, Honda's latest digitally programmed PGM-FI fuel injection system was adapted to provide both strong, precise throttle response and lower emissions. Cam lift and valve timing were modified to emphasise this low-end boost in response, and compression was reduced from the FireBlade's 11.1 : 1 to 10.8 : 1.

The Hornet's peak power is down compared to the FireBlade, but its engine still delivers one of the best power-to-weight ratios in its class, with excellent midrange power output that comes on strong the instant its throttle is turned. All these improvements to the engine's low-to-midrange torque and power delivery combine to realise fully 30% stronger roll-on performance and quicker standing-start acceleration through this range than the full-power FireBlade, which is geared more toward high-rev, high-speed power output.

The Hornet's six-speed transmission is essentially the same as that used in the Blade, though its final ratio was lowered to emphasise its low-to-midrange torque delivery.

dane_ra
19-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks mate.

I'm mainly commuting at the moment (60kms a day through sydney traffic), and I want more torque than the '92 blade i've got, without going to something like a gsx1400 etc.

Guess I just need to find one to testride...

HueyonaBlade
21-05-2009, 03:50 PM

Thanks mate.

I'm mainly commuting at the moment (60kms a day through sydney traffic), and I want more torque than the '92 blade i've got, without going to something like a gsx1400 etc.

Guess I just need to find one to testride...

If essentially you are looking at practically the same bike , RWU Forks , detuned blade motor , same as gear box then why wouldn't you do a little more cosmetic work to the blade , and just change the gearing on the sprockets to give you more punch[?]

I always wondered if the motors were the same/similar because when I was looking for belly pans they all seemed to have cool looking Hornet ones and I always wondered if they would fit[:I]

dane_ra
26-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah I could just drop another tooth on the front, but I want something with less kms. It's time for something new!

HueyonaBlade
26-05-2009, 04:51 PM

Yeah I could just drop another tooth on the front, but I want something with less kms. It's time for something new!

Fair enough mate ;)Just curious

dane_ra
29-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Picking up a 2002 GSXR 750 tomorrow. She keeps her clothes on for now though, except for the full tear down she'll get when I get her home so I can play with her bits...[:0];)

(And to clean all the shitty corrosion off from living near the fricken beach for a while:()