PDA

View Full Version : FYI - Awesome Ride

Still Scrapin
16-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Missus asked me to take her out for lunch on the bike.
Left Cunungara and headed to Beaudesert, took Mt Lindsay Highway to Rathdowney. Crossed NSW border around Mt Lindsay, 25-50km corners just been resurfaced, no gravel. Could be iffy after rains as very shaded!
Took Summerland Way towards Kyogle (Highway 91). Great opp to stretch legs, two up 140kms comfortable cornering (or if you like you can balls to the wall!)you can see through most corners No cops although was a week day. Couple of towns/pubs to help you thru - Dairy Flat, Grevillea, Roseberry, Kilgra then Kyogle.
Headed home thru towards Murwillumbah, Numinbah Valley, Advancetown, home to Clagiraba.
300kms trip.
We did stop for lunch in Kyogle (schooner and a pie I love my wife).
This was one of the best rides we have done around here it would suit any type of bike or riding style.
You would be crazy not to take advantage of this weather and take the missus out for lunch and if you're into it the scenery is some of the best around.;)
Still Scrapin.

Gix11
18-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Yep, that's a good route mate. My favourite part of that is from Kyogle to Murwillumbah. Have you tried the Lions Road yet? Try it from Beaudesert through to Kyogle, also a great ride. Perfect weather at the moment. ....oh hang on, it's raining outside right now!