PDA

View Full Version : Poms getting rid of Cop bikes - too dangerous !!

TurboKat
15-05-2009, 04:54 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5290816/Health-and-safety-police-force-sells-motorbikes.html
I for one hope this type of stupid OH&S driven paranoia makes it to Victoria, aint no SS or XR8 EVER gunna catch me in a high speed pursuit [}:)]

Weaselman
15-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Not so in NSW they are giving them all FJR1300's to replace their beemer fleet

bluemk1
15-05-2009, 05:36 PM
ooh ooh when do we get these laws in australia? :D

HOS
16-05-2009, 06:38 AM
Thick copper statement:

" Defending the move, Chief Superintendent Neil Mackay, head of Northumbria Police's operations department, told Police Review magazine: "A decision was taken on 7 April, with immediate effect, to dissolve the force's motorcycle capability to maximise the safety of officers.

"There will be no loss of service to the public. Everything that can be done with a bike can also be done with a car. "

I call bullshit !

Tony OW31
16-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if it's the start of banning bikes completely, if highly trained and skilled police officers find them too dangerous, how can we allow the general public to ride them?

Docktor
16-05-2009, 08:09 AM
if bikes are outlawed........ onlystreetfighter will have bikes ...

is that right ?

HOS
17-05-2009, 06:08 AM
Due to lack of adequate policing on UK roads it is chuffing lethal on our roads !

We have been out for about 6 hours in the car today and witnessed many major potentially lethal manouvers by cagers all day.
Overtaking on double solid white lines, overtaking on blind bends and uphill on blind summits, loads of muppets tailgating.
I got hacked off in the end and came close to road raging some git who was tailgating me.

Admission of failure by the police about sums them up.

They are taking their bikes of the road because its not safe for bikes. FAIL.

Tony OW31
17-05-2009, 07:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by HOS

Due to lack of adequate policing on UK roads it is chuffing lethal on our roads !

We have been out for about 6 hours in the car today and witnessed many major potentially lethal manouvers by cagers all day.
Overtaking on double solid white lines, overtaking on blind bends and uphill on blind summits, loads of muppets tailgating.
I got hacked off in the end and came close to road raging some git who was tailgating me.

Admission of failure by the police about sums them up.

They are taking their bikes of the road because its not safe for bikes. FAIL.

I went back to the UK at christmas, the first thing I noticed was the standard of driving over there is way better than it is here, you may think it's bad, but it aint that bad.

Gix11
18-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm with Tony on that one. Try living on the Gold Coast where no fucker knows where he as he's on holiday from the bush. "Roundabouts, multi lanes?? What the fuck are they Maureen?"

...and the Bok Choys! Fuck me, they don't get out of first gear EVER.

Fight_fan
18-05-2009, 03:30 PM
LMFAO @ "Bok Choys"