PDA

View Full Version : Bike Gear

Specter
11-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi all

Just wondering what sort of riding gear you all use, as I have to have aquire some due to the paramedics cutting it when they didn't need to, good 500+ dollars down the drain just because the got sissor happy.... any way...

If you can do that it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cruisecontrol
11-05-2009, 06:00 PM
I had a great shouting match with an idiot nurse that decided she was going to cut my jacket off. I was in a neck brace and had a shattered wrist and I told her the sleeve unzips and we could get it off without cutting it. She disagreed and I told her I would get up and take it off myself before she was going to touch it.

Needless to say, I got my way...

I suggest you get the best you can afford. That being said people will always have a favourite brand and mine is Alpinestars. I had their gear on when I had a bad spill and it prevented some pretty fucked up injuries from being much worse.

chopiesel
11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
when i stacked it the cop that showed up said, take your jacket off or the ambos will cut it

DiscoDan
11-05-2009, 09:43 PM
For normal riding a Gore-Tex jacket and decent leather pants is the go, costs a bit more but well worth it. A cordura jacket with decent armour is just as same as leather and a lot more comforatable over a range of conditions.

For leathers I'm really impressed by the Collins set I got last year after a big off. The quality is up there with the best and the price is gob-smacking, the only downside is that you have to live with off-the-shelf sizing but for $1,000 less I can survive. I spent several years in the technical motorcycle clothing game so would consider myself knowledgeable and have had a chance to test all sorts of gear in all sorts of conditions

Specter
11-05-2009, 11:14 PM
yeah well the paramedics cut my protective pants, although they found me walking around.. so that was a bit stupid on there behalf... as well as the jacket I bought a week before.

pt
11-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Hate to say it but would you rather they left it on and missed something? Would that be better or worse? And even if you can't feel it there could be some fucked up shit wrong with you. Anyway, some people are too keen to cut shit and i would definitely only do it when absolutely necessary. But then that raises the question of whether you hurt yourself taking it off. If you say you are going to despite advice then thats ok.....

Jockney Rebel
12-05-2009, 12:05 AM
i use an ikon jacket and its the bollox plus some ancient leather pants
i'v also got a goretex jacket with armour and that seems to be ok but only in the winter, too warm here for it

Fight_fan
12-05-2009, 07:30 AM
Spoken like a true nurse Pt! HaHa!
I'v got alpinestars at the moment, only had 1 small low side in them n they held up sweet... Will be due for a new set soon tho, not sure what I'l go with...

ozkat
12-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Try these to places www.motoarmour.com Errol was the bloke selling the leathers at this years AFR or www.hardwickracingleathers.com.au both sell quality gear.

Slain
12-05-2009, 08:57 PM
i know the feeling mate. i screwed a dodgy bike dealer down to 600 bucks for a dianese kirishima jacket that had an original price of 1000 :)
my old stuff was agv, love alpinestars but im too skinny for it.