PDA

View Full Version : Passwords to Members Area

Hagarr
09-05-2009, 08:20 PM
As usual I get the award but am I missing something

(Full Members are those who appreciate ASF highly and support it with a yearly donation to keep it going).
Full Members have access to hidden areas within the forum - the password for this area is in there.

How do I get in to the Members area if I don't have the password?

I normally ask the WASF guys for the password but maybe I need to know what I'm supposed to do and if I can't access the members area I don't know how or what is going on.

I normally access the website from my favorites , would this make any difference??

By the way I am a financial member !!

Hagarr
09-05-2009, 08:33 PM
And logged on!

Tony Nitrous
09-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I need the pass word to get in certain area's,
but the "Members Area" just apears when I log on.

Hagarr
09-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah thanks Tony I'm the same but if I try and access the Members Area it comes up with the message I copied previously and with the box where you need to put your password in but naturally if the password has changed it sends an error message saying incorrect password or something similar.

Tony Nitrous
09-05-2009, 08:49 PM
I just logged out,
then back in again.

Area marked...FULL MEMBER'S AREA is there, and not locked,
Password is listed in there to get into the other area's.
Sorry. Not much help.

Hagarr
09-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks Tont sounds like a job for Si.

Maybe he hasn't seen my new subscription or something.

Thanks anyway I'll repost elsewhere unless Si get's to see this.

10-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Sit tight mate,members area is on lockdown for a few days until the Swine Flu passes...blame the Mexicans,i think they also invented aids and the art of fucking chimps,or fucking young African boys who'd fucked ,or been fucked by chimps.Actually...i think the password is chimps,or maybe young African boys.

hyofighter
10-05-2009, 01:04 AM
/\/\/\/\/\/\ the joys of drink typing

jakelive
10-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Only a shouth african can come up with that hey devo?
Hagarr dit you have any luck yet? migt ad that was funey as hell!!!!!!:D

Gix11
11-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Just for the record, here's the text of the member's email:

"All the areas with passwords that are members only restricted have a separate password to your own log in password. Go to “MEMBER’S AREA” and you will see a post saying "MEMBERS AREA PASSWORDS". The current password is in there. I did it like this so I don't have to post to everyone if I change it. So on that note, if it does change in the near future and you can't get in, you know where to check."

Sorry Danny, your account is marked by the system as expired in Feb this year. If you made a deposit to the account it takes 3 working days to show so I was unaware (I only checked today though). Now I know from this post I will sort it out for you mate. Cheers Danny, and thanks as always for your support mate.

Hagarr
11-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Yeah thanks for that.

My question is though "Where" is the password kept because even when the account is active and I am able to get in the members Area I can not locate where the password is kept.

Yeah I know call me a dumbarse its probably staring at me somewhere there!!

It doesn't show me any reference to where to locate the password and only shows the areas , such as Members Rides Suzuki Honda Etc.

Thanks Si.

Watto
11-05-2009, 02:20 PM
the pope said you should stop or you'll go blind :D

Gix11
11-05-2009, 02:48 PM
No sweat Danny, here's the sequence mate:

first go here: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/default.asp - (this is what you see when you log in)

then search for a forum area (folder next to it) called "FULL MEMBER'S AREA"- click on that and it takes you here:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=13

then look down the list and see a lot of topics beginning with the word "Sticky:" that have a red pen mark on the folder next to them. Keep going down until you see one that says "Sticky: PASSWORD AREA PASSWORDS" and then click that, and voila! all is revealed!

uncle pervy
11-05-2009, 07:51 PM
clear as mud, eh?

Hagarr
12-05-2009, 07:17 PM
OK Here we go again Si! Sorry to be a pain but it still don't work for me. [:I]

The reason being when I click on the link that is fine All Good. :D

Then if I click on any of the topics or headings the message comes up stating "This is for Supporting Members Blah Blah! [V]

My point is and sorry for the hassle, if I don't know the password how do I get in to read the Sticky that is in the Password protected area, Does that make sense??

Hagarr
12-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Also if I go to the 2nd link which you provided for me above

There Was A Problem

You do not have access to this forum.

Go Back

Return to the forum

This message comes up???

BillyWhizz888
12-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I reckon your smokin summat illegal :D

uncle pervy
12-05-2009, 08:13 PM
don't bogart that joint my friend, take a hit and pass it ooovvver. as the song goes

Gix11
12-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Ha, this if fun hey? You've got me stumped Danny.

Let's cut to the chase; click this link: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3794

What happens?

You are logged in as Hagaar yea?

BillyWhizz888
12-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Well, I tried it and got.....

you know who ;)

Hagarr
13-05-2009, 01:23 PM
OK that link works OK NOW!!

I don't understand why it hasn't worked before [:I]

and Yes I was logged on

Gix11
13-05-2009, 01:53 PM
The strange world of computers mate. Will you know how to get there if it changes again?

Hagarr
13-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Si the only problem I seem to have is when my subscription runs out so I guess I'll have to be more vigilante when its due.

I'll see what happens the next time the password is changed.

When does this normally happen??

Thanks for your efforts!

Gix11
13-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Just randomly from time to time. A lot of the guys that have let their membership lapse can still get in if they remember the password and it's not fair on the guys that keep theirs up, so every now and again it gets changed, thats all mate.