PDA

View Full Version : Banbusa

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Harry
08-05-2009, 11:25 PM
welcome to my new build,it's a 96 bandit iv had 6yrs...3 of em in the shed wait'in for the day:well the day has come,looked at hundred's of bike's try'in to pic wat i want and decided to do some thing different...heap's of bandit's about with late model GIXA bit's on em so i decided to see wat could be done with a busa,so iv gone with 08 busa front and rear ends....so it begin's ! :)http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241866009.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241800367.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241882566.jpg

a little white truck dropped this off last week..better than xmas ![:p]

Harry
08-05-2009, 11:39 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241822804.jpg

frist was to strip it down with the help of some stiff bourbon !
the size of the rear end blew me away,never seen one off a bike [:0]

Harry
08-05-2009, 11:50 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241885930.jpg

the front end had me worried but a trip to the local suzi shop found that bandit's and busa head bearing's have different part number's which made me shit but a quick hit with the verner's found they where the same bearing...thank god

Harry
09-05-2009, 12:00 AM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241834801.jpg

Harry
09-05-2009, 12:11 AM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241850389.jpg

side on you can see the size of it,but im going to have to take off the sub-frame due to it being the same width as the top brace on the arm and they'll clash when the shock is depressed,so that's another thing on the list

Harry
09-05-2009, 12:26 AM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241876362.jpg

when i walked around the back for a look i was blown away by the transformation from wat it use to be,i had every intention of going with riser's and bars but after seeing this the clip-on's are going to stay, all though im going to raise them with a pair from frank's racing based in S A, they do a billet top clamp which can be bought at a 20,40,60 or 80mm rise in the clip-on's

Surt
09-05-2009, 12:39 AM
hey harry, may i have the rest of the busa? first in line, just in case! :)

dingo
09-05-2009, 12:44 AM
i rekon its gunna look sweet as wen its done:)

Surt
09-05-2009, 12:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Harry

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241876362.jpg

when i walked around the back for a look i was blown away by the transformation from wat it use to be,i had every intention of going with riser's and bars but after seeing this the clip-on's are going to stay, all though im going to raise them with a pair from frank's racing based in S A, they do a billet top clamp which can be bought at a 20,40,60 or 80mm rise in the clip-on's

just been about to say to keep the bloody clip-ons panel, nop raisers! [:p]

well, then another piece of advice: name ur project Barbarossa! :D

good luck with the build mate!

Surt
09-05-2009, 12:50 AM
what's the wheel-base to be harry? mighty bigger i guess am ;)

Surt
09-05-2009, 12:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by dingo

i rekon its gunna look sweet as wen its done:)

yup carl, but harry will have to put some magick shrooms powder into the old bandit's engine to encourage it! [}:)] something like magick fumes!!! :D:D:D

dingo
09-05-2009, 12:58 AM
some magick degreaser :D

Surt
09-05-2009, 01:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by dingo

some magick degreaser :D

oh shit, naturally i of forgot 'bout KERO! bah!!! :D:D:D

Harry
09-05-2009, 01:11 AM
sorry bout the wait,i lost the plot with the pic loader ....again!
yeah she's gunna look tuff carl,im pretty happy with it so far mate[:p]
and surt you can have wot's left of the busa mate:) contact the victorian motorcycle wrecker's they have wot remain's mate. im not sure about wot the wheel base gain is going to be yet but the over all lenght of the 2 swingarm's is busa at 673mm and bandit at 600...i dont know if it will be 73mm longer wen it's fitted into the frame but thats the differance on the tape [:0] i'll put up a full side on pic :)

Harry
09-05-2009, 01:16 AM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241811047.jpg

i put an old busted rear end on for affect but its not the one that will be going on :)

Surt
09-05-2009, 01:16 AM
boo, i thought the remains r in ur shed mate, victoria, where the fuck is victoria, way too long from greenland harry [V]

dingo
09-05-2009, 01:19 AM
is it my bedtime harry or is the front wheel not right:D

Harry
09-05-2009, 01:20 AM
there's going to be NO KERO.....iv had enough of polishing !:(
this is going to be BLACK (mostly) [:p]

Surt
09-05-2009, 01:22 AM

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241811047.jpg

i put an old busted rear end on for affect but its not the one that will be going on :)

so u fetched urself 2 swingas harry?

Harry
09-05-2009, 01:24 AM
your eye's are fine carl,the wheel is back to front mate but fear not i will pull it to bit's a hundred time's be for i piss off down the road on it mate...old eagle eye..haha you win another drink :D:D:D

Harry
09-05-2009, 01:26 AM
just one mate....the one in the shed is the old rear end,cost me shit loads just for one mate ;)

dingo
09-05-2009, 01:27 AM
you have my drink Harry:D i need no more, i have to wake up in a few hours:(

Harry
09-05-2009, 01:28 AM
i'll tap out some numbers for ya

Harry
09-05-2009, 01:30 AM
no prob's carl catch ya mate

Harry
09-05-2009, 01:51 AM
front end width:bandit 200mm,busa 213mm..width gain 13mm. swingarm over all lenght:bandit 600mm,busa 673mm.
swingarm piviot point width:bandit 220mm, busa 237mm.

shocky length hole center to hole center:bandit 290mm, busa 343mm
swingarm pin o/d:bandit 12mm, busa 15mm
a bit of machining to be done but thats the hard bit out of the way wen it's done and the rear end on.....im hoping to get the frame and swingarm into the engineer's next week to have it milled and fitted to the frame,there also going to mount the rear shock so smile's all round :D then it will probley be the sub-frame's turn,i was going to go for a buell sub-frame but i think the rear wheel would hang out the back to far so im pretty sure i'll go for a late GSXR rear end

Surt
09-05-2009, 01:58 AM
and how'bout the sprockets, r they in the same plane, not sure they would be, more machining mate! [B)]

Harry
09-05-2009, 02:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Surt

there's going to be NO KERO.....iv had enough of polishing !:(
this is going to be BLACK (mostly) [:p]

black death! sounds like u goona spare some roo skins for a turbo! [:p]
a small turbo would be the go mate,i would be more than happy with 180/200hp surt but the bloody law maker's here in Queensland have decided that it come's under hooning law's that give the cop's enough power to conferscate(?) your bike mate...just to keep the general motoring public SAFE :( so for now it's in getting a total re-build in standered trim ! except for a set off K&N pod's and a flash zorst system on it that i will have to have made to suit the look im after mate...a bit down the track yet

Harry
09-05-2009, 02:12 AM
i should get away with using an old front sprocket on the drive shaft as a spacer surt,the rear rim is 6inch and made to take a 200 rear tire mate but i can run a 190 first to pick up a little more room to play with but im pretty sure it will marry up ok....im in the shit if it doesent mate,but there's all ways a way surt,just got to find it ;)

Harry
09-05-2009, 02:22 AM
hooning is when you go rank on the road mate,spinning the wheels,speeding,wheel stand's ect....im told you can have a turbo if it is fitted in the factory by suzuki and released to the public like that but you can buy a non turbo bike and turbo it then ride it on public roads as it is seen to produce to much power and you may kill your ass at excessive speed,although i can go out and buy a 6ltr chevy with fuck loads of power and a 6 speed gearbox then put 4 mate in it with me,but i cant turbo a bike and go for a ride on my own ! bullshit laws....we have heaps of em mate :( but i can go big bore kit's !

Harry
09-05-2009, 02:34 AM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241880576.jpg

turbo or not surt this is going to be nice wen im done mate !

Harry
09-05-2009, 02:38 AM
yeah mate 2.36am..........im off to bed got to fit a rear tire and get the swing'a and frame off to the engineer's 2 morro,back in a day or two...chow mate

CBRRRT
09-05-2009, 04:04 AM
Thats gonna look the nuts Buddy. I love the shape of the old Bandit frame. I'm to fuckin thick to underswtand 290mm this and 343mm that, if I like the look, the shape, the colour of somethein, then it goes on, lol. You're a top quality bloke Harry and I'm sure its going to be a top quality build buddy.

You just gotta post the photo you sent me of you going Bruuuuuum Brummmmmm fella, ha ha ha.

Tony Nitrous
09-05-2009, 07:16 AM
LOVE IT.
2 of my favorite bikes put together.

The basic original 12 had the best lines and was much more
fun than the latter longer/heavier "nicer" models.
Your building the bike Suzuki should have.
I'll be watching this.

Harry
09-05-2009, 08:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

Thats gonna look the nuts Buddy. I love the shape of the old Bandit frame. I'm to fuckin thick to underswtand 290mm this and 343mm that, if I like the look, the shape, the colour of somethein, then it goes on, lol. You're a top quality bloke Harry and I'm sure its going to be a top quality build buddy.

You just gotta post the photo you sent me of you going Bruuuuuum Brummmmmm fella, ha ha ha.
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241825041.jpg

thanks jon,very inspiring mate and just for you mate BRUMMMMMMM ha.that seat posi feel's really nice....not that there's a seat on it!:)

Harry
09-05-2009, 08:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

LOVE IT.
2 of my favorite bikes put together.

The basic original 12 had the best lines and was much more
fun than the latter longer/heavier "nicer" models.
Your building the bike Suzuki should have.
I'll be watching this.
g'day tony,your right with your comment mate, apart from the B-king every thing is touring or head down ass up ! iv got this thing pictured and ready to ride in my head :) im keen to get it built but i'll chip at it slowly and do it right ;)

CBRRRT
09-05-2009, 08:16 AM
LMARO Harry, you crack me up dude. Bruuuuuuuummmmm!!!!!! :D lol.

You're lookin 'cool and the gang' Buddy.

What seat unit you gonna go with 'H'? GSXRthou would look cracking on there mate, specially with the arse cranked up a bit.

Harry
09-05-2009, 08:27 AM
something around a K3 gixa tail jon,but i can't crank it up to much mate cause if i can't put my kid's on the back from time to time they will murder me in my sleep....im think'in i could do a turn buckle type set up on it so it's ajustable mate :)

Fight_fan
09-05-2009, 08:48 AM
I'd stick with ur plan of the Buell tail Harry! That would look killer! Give u that nice gap between the tire n tail.
Gonna be a sick build mate, I cant wait to see more!

LoL @ Jon! 'Cool & the Gang' HaHa!

ozkat
09-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Lookin good Harry. I see you got the picture thing worked out. Still come around for a beer one night, ive still got one of your favorites left to get rid of, ive saved it for you :D

geesexar
09-05-2009, 10:54 AM
lookin pretty smick there harry good work

Tony Nitrous
09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Harry,
I had one of the 1st in the UK.
It had Nitrous, race can, Renthals, Jack-up, bla-bla-bla etc etc from new.
It went to work every day, rain and snow, did endless dyno run's,
raced at Avon Park, went to the pub, Sunday run's to the Coast,
got lent to anyone and everyone, toured France and generaly got
abused for 6 years and never serviced.
Sold it to move out here, was still going strong last I heard.

Even with SAMSON plates and springs the standard diaphragh clutch
ment the NOS would slip the clutch if timed wrong, and the standard
suspension soon found its limits.

but...........
I had more fun on that bike than ANY of the Busa's, B-King, GSXR, or
anything i've had since.
The number plate is still hung up in my garage now,
with the slogan "Cheap and Nasty" across the bottom of it.

In the UK every man and his dog had one, put Renthals on it,
and thought he'd got a "Streetfighter", but to me they were just
a genuine fun bike.
I wish they had new Mk1's in the shop day.

Gix11
09-05-2009, 12:50 PM
This is going to be sweet Harry. Keep it coming mate.

Large
09-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I reckon a Busa moteur would be a sensible addition

Tony Nitrous
09-05-2009, 05:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

True, and just to make it easyier to put the motor,
front end, rear end all together, maybe a Busa frame...;)

CBRRRT
09-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Totally understand the kiddy thing Harry, my Nick is always saying "When we going out again Dad?". What ever seat you go with matey, it will I'm sure look the dogs bollocks.

Keep it coming Fella.

Harry
11-05-2009, 12:13 AM
thanks for the comments guy's,only managed to put a rear tire on over the weekend which was a bit sad but not as sad as finding out how much a 190 rear cost's [:0]BLOODY $356 ! I SHIT BUT PAID FOR THE THING AND RELIZED THE THING WAS FLAT AS I HEADED OUT THE SHOP:( ABOUT FACE AND BACK I WENT...WEN EXPLANING TO THE FITTER THAT I WAS'NT PAYING FOR A FLAT TIRE THE YOUNG FELLA SAID THERE WAS'NT A VALVE IN IT SO HE DID'NT PUMP IT UP....BLOODY HELL WHERE HAS THE INDUSTRY GONE? GOT IT PUMPED AND HEADED OUT SHAKING MY SCONE OUT THE DOOR,FITTED IT UP (SORT OF TO THE BIKE FOR A LOOK) AND SHE LOOKS GOOD. Sorry bout the caps lock...it's late:(

Harry
11-05-2009, 12:24 AM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1242039494.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1242008377.jpg

Harry
11-05-2009, 12:43 AM
pulled it apart again and started to box it up for a trip to the engineer this arvo and relized that they would need the front end to get a height to fix the shock mounts....and decided not to send it by courier due to not wanting terry truck driver knocking my fork leg's around bouncing down to brisbane so a major disapointment on a sunday arvo,first set back! going to con a mate with a ute;)so with luck it will get to milling machine this week to fit the swingarm and shock:) that will be the hard stuff out off the way bar the sub frame....would like to go with a buell rear but i think the rear wheel would hang out to far but im going to sus it http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241987648.jpg

Harry
11-05-2009, 12:56 AM

Harry,
I had one of the 1st in the UK.
It had Nitrous, race can, Renthals, Jack-up, bla-bla-bla etc etc from new.
It went to work every day, rain and snow, did endless dyno run's,
raced at Avon Park, went to the pub, Sunday run's to the Coast,
got lent to anyone and everyone, toured France and generaly got
abused for 6 years and never serviced.
Sold it to move out here, was still going strong last I heard.

Even with SAMSON plates and springs the standard diaphragh clutch
ment the NOS would slip the clutch if timed wrong, and the standard
suspension soon found its limits.

but...........
I had more fun on that bike than ANY of the Busa's, B-King, GSXR, or
anything i've had since.
The number plate is still hung up in my garage now,
with the slogan "Cheap and Nasty" across the bottom of it.

In the UK every man and his dog had one, put Renthals on it,
and thought he'd got a "Streetfighter", but to me they were just
a genuine fun bike.
I wish they had new Mk1's in the shop day.
fully agree tony,bought this bandit with 42thou on the clock and run it though to 110thou with out a hitch befor the bearing on the drive shaft collasped,thats why it sat idle for so long..went and bought a ltd edition 05(great bike)since sold due to running 42thou k's on it in a year.but the 96 is a top bike (96 to 99) where the best.to good a bike to let go so a full re-build it is:)

Harry
11-05-2009, 01:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

Lookin good Harry. I see you got the picture thing worked out. Still come around for a beer one night, ive still got one of your favorites left to get rid of, ive saved it for you :D
i'll be around shanye but im bringing my own drink's,that stuff you had is really BAD![xx(] HA, and thanks for the contact on niccom engineering it was good to speak to a pro and not some one from team Mc donald's ! he's doing the rear end for me........

Harry
11-05-2009, 01:04 AM

would it fit ?...big bucks i think

Harry
11-05-2009, 01:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

This is going to be sweet Harry. Keep it coming mate.
g'day si.....no prob's there mate this is going to take awhile i think :D

Surt
11-05-2009, 03:14 AM

thanks for the comments guy's,only managed to put a rear tire on over the weekend which was a bit sad but not as sad as finding out how much a 190 rear cost's [:0]BLOODY $356 ! I SHIT BUT PAID FOR THE THING AND RELIZED THE THING WAS FLAT AS I HEADED OUT THE SHOP:( ABOUT FACE AND BACK I WENT...WEN EXPLANING TO THE FITTER THAT I WAS'NT PAYING FOR A FLAT TIRE THE YOUNG FELLA SAID THERE WAS'NT A VALVE IN IT SO HE DID'NT PUMP IT UP....BLOODY HELL WHERE HAS THE INDUSTRY GONE? GOT IT PUMPED AND HEADED OUT SHAKING MY SCONE OUT THE DOOR,FITTED IT UP (SORT OF TO THE BIKE FOR A LOOK) AND SHE LOOKS GOOD. Sorry bout the caps lock...it's late:(

yup mate, they r gone crazy the fucking condom makers [}:)]
sigh up for some promoting for them, may it work?;) has the fitter balanced the wheel, you bet he hasnt... r u sure ur front wheel tire mounted in right direction? ... and ur bloody headers goin' outta nowhere!!!

[:p]

Surt
11-05-2009, 03:17 AM

would it fit ?...big bucks i think

just to re-make the hole frame! [8D]

Surt
11-05-2009, 03:21 AM
u oughtta rename her for bang'busa, until she turns into bang'boosta mate! not sayin' to call her bamboosa, though... :D:D:D
;)

CBRRRT
11-05-2009, 05:27 AM

pulled it apart again and started to box it up for a trip to the engineer this arvo and relized that they would need the front end to get a height to fix the shock mounts....and decided not to send it by courier due to not wanting terry truck driver knocking my fork leg's around bouncing down to brisbane so a major disapointment on a sunday arvo,first set back! going to con a mate with a ute;)so with luck it will get to milling machine this week to fit the swingarm and shock:) that will be the hard stuff out off the way bar the sub frame....would like to go with a buell rear but i think the rear wheel would hang out to far but im going to sus it http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241987648.jpg

Box it up Harry and send it to me.
Let me worry what arse end to put on it.
I'll send it right back to you.......

Promises Promises...............Yeah right!!!

Harry
11-05-2009, 05:03 PM
wat a good idea jon.....it's packed and on the way mate ! have fun with it ! :( [:o)] [:o)]

Harry
11-05-2009, 05:11 PM

sigh up for some promoting for them, may it work?;) have the fitter balanced the wheel, you bet he hasnt... r u sure ur front wheel tire mounted in right direction? ... and ur bloody headers goin' outta nowhere!!!

yeah surt the front tire is around the wrong way...i put it on like a kid with a new xmas present,might be awhile befor i ride it mate but i promise to fix it;),and your e-mails i send keep coming back to me so pay your bill's or get a ak-47 and sort out your comrade's :D

Tony Nitrous
11-05-2009, 05:25 PM

pulled it apart again and started to box it up for a trip to the engineer this arvo

Who you using ?
Have you used them before ?

Perhaps I should wait and see how they get on with it before I ask..;)

Harry
11-05-2009, 05:51 PM

pulled it apart again and started to box it up for a trip to the engineer this arvo

Who you using ?
Have you used them before ?

Perhaps I should wait and see how they get on with it before I ask..;)
hey tony,im using a mob called NICCOM ENGINEERING i havent used them befor because iv never done this befor :) but i spoke to the guy over the phone at lenght and seem's to be quite on the ball with wat he say's regarding the work he's up at loganholme,has a strong UK accent and his card read's specialised motorcycle and race car engineering,motorcycle frame,wheel & fork straighting ect ect..but you can sort of tell wen your speaking to a dick head,this bloke does not come across as such,i though some stuff at him to see if there was the dick head factor but none was detected mate ;)

ozkat
11-05-2009, 05:57 PM

i'll be around shanye but im bringing my own drink's,that stuff you had is really BAD![xx(] HA, and thanks for the contact on niccom engineering it was good to speak to a pro and not some one from team Mc donald's ! he's doing the rear end for me........
No worries mate Nick is a good bloke (for a pom) and really knows his stuff. I really dont think you would find better in the Bris area. Niccom Engineering Tony that should answer your question. Oh yeah ive got only one of those beers left Harry, and it has your name on it :D

Tony Nitrous
11-05-2009, 06:02 PM

hey tony,im using a mob called NICCOM ENGINEERING i havent used them befor because iv never done this befor :) but i spoke to the guy over the phone at lenght and seem's to be quite on the ball with wat he say's regarding the work he's up at loganholme,has a strong UK accent and his card read's specialised motorcycle and race car engineering,motorcycle frame,wheel & fork straighting ect ect..but you can sort of tell wen your speaking to a dick head,this bloke does not come across as such,i though some stuff at him to see if there was the dick head factor but none was detected mate ;)

Cheer's. Not far from Me, Im Brissy South Side.
Did a few job's at Loganholme.

Would be usefull to know,
if your happy with how yours turns out.
Thank's.

EDIT: Cheer's Shayne...[8D]

Harry
11-05-2009, 06:06 PM

No worries mate Nick is a good bloke (for a pom) and really knows his stuff. I really dont think you would find better in the Bris area. Niccom Engineering Tony that should answer your question. Oh yeah ive got only one of those beers left Harry, and it has your name on it :D
no worries shayne i'll try for tomorro nite after work mate...but im not drinking that monkey piss you have [xx(] i'll bring my own flavor and shout you one ! ;)

Surt
11-05-2009, 06:25 PM

sigh up for some promoting for them, may it work?;) have the fitter balanced the wheel, you bet he hasnt... r u sure ur front wheel tire mounted in right direction? ... and ur bloody headers goin' outta nowhere!!!

yeah surt the front tire is around the wrong way...i put it on like a kid with a new xmas present,might be awhile befor i ride it mate but i promise to fix it;),and your e-mails i send keep coming back to me so pay your bill's or get a ak-47 and sort out your comrade's :D

use g-mail, g-man! [8D] fuck the rambler! [}:)]

Fight_fan
12-05-2009, 07:38 AM
G-Mail is for homo's Surt! ;)

Surt
12-05-2009, 09:44 AM
has the interesting observation come from a personal experience? ;)

Fight_fan
12-05-2009, 10:08 AM
LoL! Nah my boyfriend told me! :D

jakam04
12-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Shayne,

do you have this guys number at Niccom? If so, could you either sms, email or post it to me.

Ta

Jarrod

Gix11
12-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Here you go Jarrod (and anyone else): http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11473

Nic is a good bloke and knows his shit!

Harry
12-05-2009, 09:25 PM
well that's made me pull my finger out ! [:0]
get it there befor he's flooded with work ;)

Harry
12-05-2009, 09:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Bahaaaaaaaaaaa:)

Surt
13-05-2009, 01:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

lol, theres lot of versatile scum livin in my compartment house: alcos, junkies, whores, rascals, plain nutters, praps even fags... but the fact doesnt make me either, so doesnt gmail... never received any faggish offers from it [8D] does it have anything with 'g' - gay?, then 'home' is a definately faggish word, as well as homo sapiens, which means a 'knowing human', and not a 'sucking faggot' [}:)]

cheers to ur boyfriend lol! ;)

:D:D:D

Fight_fan
13-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Alco's Junkies & Whores = Versatile Scum? LoL
I guess... Jst depends what u consider to be a life skill huh! :D
Surt me ol' mate, u crack me up!
Im sure Ghey-Mail works jst fine! HaHa;) [B)]

Surt
13-05-2009, 12:39 PM
let it work, no probs unlike yahoo, or rambler or another half dosen mail boxes i used, i dont give a damn who fuks who, and how, just out of my sight! [}:)]

Surt
13-05-2009, 12:45 PM
hey harry keep the public amused, its getting bored pretty fast and getting 'ideas'! :D:D:D hows ur bang'boozer's progress? dragged it to scientific men/mill wizards/magick shrooms shamans??? :)

Harry
13-05-2009, 08:09 PM
yeah i know its slow but it's 200kilometers away from where i work:( but i can tell you its in the back of a ute tomorro to turn it into a rolling chassie,the motor is with the machanic having the gear box and top end rebuilt,the rubber is on,and im looking for a nice tripple clamp (top only) so if anyone knows a site who does good one's feel free to leave a web ad :) in need one yesterday ! the standered busa top clamp is an ulgy bastard,id settle for late model GIXA thou top clamp

Tony Nitrous
13-05-2009, 08:50 PM
This is my Busa top yolk.......

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8610/02topyolk.jpg

An early mock-up against my old 04.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1104/fairing4.jpg

Got mine off Stu.
Used upright risers, not the standard pull-back
risers supplied, designed to clear the fairing.

Harry
13-05-2009, 10:07 PM
nice tony,but i dont want to run bars on it....was planing on going for a set of clip-on's from franks racing...sorry no pic to show ya. they clamp onto the fork leg's with an 80mm rise to bring the clip-on's above the top brace,so i need a top clamp with no riser hole's in it,preferably black. the standered one's on k3 is much wat im looking for but i dont want to have to buy the hole tripple clamp assembly,i can use the busa base and powder coat it black to suit the top if ya know wat i mean....dont want to spend a truck load cause i dont know the price of the swingarm conversion yet....bit by bit mate ;)

Surt
14-05-2009, 07:14 AM
though not asked, but i dont like the raised clip-ons harry! remind me sport tourers or even a gold wing [}:)]

Harry
25-05-2009, 05:25 PM
quick up date on the banbusa project....haven't seen the bike for a few weeks so an yearly knock off saw me on my cb13s and up there,sorry did'nt have time to grab the camera[V]..frame in the jig with various cut's in it !...the frame at the left hand side of the swingarm piviot point has been taken off and widend 20mm to take the standered 08 busa swingarm and give enough room for chain clearance and rebent to keep the original flow of the frame,the original swingarm bushes on the bandit frame have been removed and at the moment have hole's big enough to fit a small milo tin into[:0],1 new bush has been made and another on the lathe under way....there enormous[:p]and a new stem for the triple clamps is yet to be made due to the busa one being to bloody short...shit! but things are happening and i will put pic's up asap....look'in good [:p][:p]i really do recommend nic up there at niccom engineering he does top work....and still make's part's for william's F1 team so that sez's it all in his abilty:).....pic's soon

Surt
25-05-2009, 11:32 PM

quick up date on the banbusa project....haven't seen the bike for a few weeks so an yearly knock off saw me on my cb13s and up there,sorry did'nt have time to grab the camera[V]..frame in the jig with various cut's in it !...the frame at the left hand side of the swingarm piviot point has been taken off and widend 20mm to take the standered 08 busa swingarm and give enough room for chain clearance and rebent to keep the original flow of the frame,the original swingarm bushes on the bandit frame have been removed and at the moment have hole's big enough to fit a small milo tin into[:0],1 new bush has been made and another on the lathe under way....there enormous[:p]and a new stem for the triple clamps is yet to be made due to the busa one being to bloody short...shit! but things are happening and i will put pic's up asap....look'in good [:p][:p]i really do recommend nic up there at niccom engineering he does top work....and still make's part's for william's F1 team so that sez's it all in his abilty:).....pic's soon

did he give u any idea how many roo skins ur gotta prepare harry? [:0]

milo tin?! :D huh, i remember that bloody milo! [:p]

Harry
26-05-2009, 09:33 AM
he cant put a price on it yet surt but he's guessing around 1500 red roo skin's so i better grab a gun and head for the bush with alot of ammo !...still need to get a top tripple clamp...more skin's[V] but it will be worth it in the end mate,once done it will be a brand new bike but lots to do yet,and heaps more roo skin's but i new this was going to cost me,it could run 10grand[:0]

Surt
26-05-2009, 01:24 PM
1o grands?! [:0][:0][:0]

[xx(]

ur sold gixxer doesnt cover that! and u woodnt get more for this one! shu... hush... not a word... a mans free to go [nuts] his way... [B)]

[}:)]

Harry
26-05-2009, 05:45 PM
hey surt i know it sound like alot of skin's but the price of a new bike is double that so the value isnt bad considering wat it will be like wen done mate,and a one of......not one of 2 million units world wide,it will also never be for sale so it's not going to be a quick slap up........so to speak.im replacing everthing.the gixa money was shit in today's market.....the dealer now has it for $9'500! i could'nt get a bite at $7'500[:0][:0] time's are tuff all round troivich [V]

Surt
26-05-2009, 11:45 PM
u mean UR bikes sellin' for 9,500.?! u R a donatin' member and a good samaritan!!! [}:)] may i have ur cibic then? [:p] /asking for the 2nd time mate.../ i wood blow some shit in her... [8)]

Harry
27-05-2009, 01:45 AM
wats a cibic surt?...sorry i did'nt answer the first time mate,but wat is it..and so you know mate a new 09 busa here will cost you just under $19'000 GSXR1000,R1 yamaha bout the same Ducati's will be about $30'000 but if you want something like casy stoner ride's in road trim dig deep mate i think there around $54'000...so my 10 grand is pretty good and it will be alot better than standered should be really good on the highway due to the increased lenght (wheelbase)the busa swingarm is 75mm longer than the bandit one :)

Surt
27-05-2009, 02:30 AM

wats a cibic surt?...sorry i did'nt answer the first time mate,but wat is it..and so you know mate a new 09 busa here will cost you just under $19'000 GSXR1000,R1 yamaha bout the same Ducati's will be about $30'000 but if you want something like casy stoner ride's in road trim dig deep mate i think there around $54'000...so my 10 grand is pretty good and it will be alot better than standered should be really good on the highway due to the increased lenght (wheelbase)the busa swingarm is 75mm longer than the bandit one :)

sibic is cb mate! i dont wonder at ur fucking prices, 'cos ours r hi'er!

Harry
27-05-2009, 02:37 AM
you get busa's ect over there mate? sorry if it's a dumb question surt....how much is ozzy dollars? wat's your hwy speed limit??

Surt
27-05-2009, 02:43 AM
busas r about us$20,000., and the speed limit's the same: 60 in a town/city, 90 on the road, 100 on the highway, kms, naturally.

Harry
27-05-2009, 02:50 AM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1243431016.jpg

russian winter racing ??????[:0]

Surt
27-05-2009, 02:59 AM
yoop, i ov all reddy wrote, some mad fuckers put on studded rubber on ones sportbikes and run out onto frozen lakes/ in winter, mate, and now is late spring, +20 in the shed, meaning, shadow [:p], +35 in a shed :)

Harry
27-05-2009, 03:21 AM
id have a crack at that,it looks wild mate...but ya would'nt want one to nail ya ass [:0] she'd tear ya a new ass hole real quick [xx(]

Surt
27-05-2009, 03:29 AM
ooh, yeah, i 'd rather keep my arse safe, the meat mincer wood cut off ur legs in a mo! wood ya like to creep thro' taiga then? [}:)]

Harry
27-05-2009, 03:34 AM
maybe a suit of armour would be required mate....still be fun:)

Surt
27-05-2009, 03:35 AM
some lead pants! :D

CBRRRT
05-06-2009, 06:04 AM
Havent you unloaded that ship full of BRI-TIT-ISH steel yet Harry. While you're tuggin on them levers in your craine mate keep a look out for some Triumph parts you can bolt on to your Banbusa, lol.

Harry
05-06-2009, 06:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

Havent you unloaded that ship full of BRI-TIT-ISH steel yet Harry. While you're tuggin on them levers in your craine mate keep a look out for some Triumph parts you can bolt on to your Banbusa, lol.
the steel job has gone to shit mate....bummer[V]
but other stuff is coming though,the bandit is ready to be picked up as soon as i can get transport for it and a pen with enough ink in it to write a cheque [:0][:0] but he's done a shit hot job jon so wen i get it home i'll take a few pic's..frame at swing'a pivot point widened 20mm, monster bush's lathed up and welded in,tungsten stem made for the tripple clamp's,big numbers printed on the bill,oh well ya only live once mate [}:)];) pic's asap

CBRRRT
05-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Jog on Harry, sounds like its all coming together really well mate. Cant wait to see the pic's. Sorry about the steel job mate, I know it could have been a good earner for you.

Harry
21-06-2009, 09:09 PM
well after a bloody long wait iv finally got the bike back,seem's like age's but worth the wait.
Frame on the left hand side has been widened 20mm,with new bush's being lathed up and welded in to center the rear wheel and retain the busa swingarm axle,nothing has been milled of the swingarm itself..this has also given me heaps of clearance to run the chain clear of the frame which was one of the worries when the parts arrived
Shock mount's have been done to take the busa rear shock unit.
A new tungsten stem has also been made for the tripple's due to the standered busa one being around 4 threads to short.
Im yet to run a tape over the wheelbase to see wat iv gained in overall lenght of the bike but i'll put it up asap.
The gap between the swingarm and the motor has been decreased some wat but looking at my 1216 slingshot the donk should go back in with a few mill to spare,frame mod's where made with the motor off being re-built[:0] hmmmm fingers crossed on that one guy's [}:)] pic time !!

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245677385.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245601056.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245682214.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245599816.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245672358.jpg

Tony Nitrous
21-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I like the idea of all the mod's being to the frame.
Swingarm, pivot etc are all easy to replace and aftermarket
Busa arm's go straight in. Very good.
I personaly wouldnt want to increase the bikes length but
its not too bad as later B12's went that way anyway.
What you lose in wheelies and turn's you gain on
stabilty and launches.
Looking good. Im envious.