PDA

View Full Version : not bike, but stuck(problem solved)

dingo
08-05-2009, 08:54 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241851743.jpg

ok its not a bike thing but it looks like not much is happening and you need to get that advice out of your system:D
its a holden V6 eng. , the spigot bearing extension is solid in the crank, i have no shaft to grease and push it out , and i need it out to put in the new eng. this weekend, any brain storms? , its in about 20-30mm

dingo
08-05-2009, 09:11 PM
hmmm, no thoughts? , the actual extension has to come out, the bush stays inside the extension.

Bear
09-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Run a weld around the inside of it to shrink it. It'll fall out.

scotty
09-05-2009, 08:55 AM
yeh heat.
but it never work's, get a shaft n grease, it's the only way

dingo
09-05-2009, 09:10 AM
thanks guy's :)
Bear- the bearing and the extension are the only bits i want[:p]
scotty- will go hunting round on monday for some sort of shaft, its a custom extension and there wont be anything shaft on the shelf, the bearing is to suit a rodeo or jackaroo, ive had it soaking with penatrene overnight so i see how goes it today:)

who in the world would dream of modifying anything anyway[:0]

OZ750L
09-05-2009, 10:29 PM
By shaft and grease, I am guessing you fill the spigot with grease and belt a tight fitting shaft in to pop it out through hydraulic pressure?
Yes/no?

dingo
09-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi Dave :), normally thats the way to go, i got a bit of steel rod today and was going to do just that, (here comes the embarassing moment), i looked in the hole thinking, hmmm i wonder if theres enough room behind it to get a slide hammer in there, and fuk me, its threaded , memories came flooding back to when i got it,"check this out babe, at least this will be easy to get out when i need to", grabbed a bolt and it come out with ease :D moral of the story to the younger generation........"go easy on substance abuse when your young, you may need that brain in the future" :D

OZ750L
10-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Great to hear you had a win mate.