PDA

View Full Version : What to do

Jaded
07-05-2009, 06:12 PM
To cut a short story long

I recently did up an '83 Z750 LTD twin which Im happy enough with. Then on the weekend, completely on impulse, I bought a bitsa 84 GPZ750 rolling chassis which was intended to supply me with wheels, forks and switch gear to put on the KZ. But, seeing as I also got the GPZ engine, wiring loom, carbys, complete exhaust, airbox and other bits and pieces thrown into the deal, I get it home and start wondering if I put what I have together then maybe I can get the rest and have another bike.

Meanwhile, I have an LTD1000 tank coming from the states for the KZ which arrived today and its too bloody big. So I sit it on the GPZ and it looks like it was meant to be there, except that none of the mounting bits line up.

SO what do I do? Forge ahead with building up the GPZ? Try and make a tank that wont fit, fit? stick to the original plan of stealing the forks and wheels and selling everything else? or do I just say fuck it, sell the lot and give it to someone with the time and money to give it a decent crack? I dunno. Heres a pic of the frame with the LTD1000 engine. I reckon it has potential.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/gpz004.jpg

OZ750L
07-05-2009, 07:16 PM
I've got a 82 GPZ 750 tank around somewhere and my little brother has a complete basket case 84 GPZ750 roller he wants to get rid of. It's real rough but he's asking bugger all for it. All on the north side of Brisbane.

PM me if you are interested and I'll see what I can do to help.

latheboy
08-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Hot up the Z750 with all the good bits you've got then put the rest together or keep it as a long term project... You can never have to many parts

09-05-2009, 06:24 PM
My Gpz was an evil thing.....

Buy a GSXR-750 and put that in ....tho I'd put an oil coiled GSXR in anything

Gix11
09-05-2009, 06:31 PM
It's only fair that you give everyone a look at the Z750 LTD as well mate:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/paint016.jpg