PDA

View Full Version : A decent Dyno in Victoria ??

sharky
25-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Anyone recommend a decent dyno tester/tuner in Vic ? I want the bugs ironed out in the power delivery and a power run. I'm up in Seymour ([xx(]), 100k north of Mel.

TurboKat
25-10-2006, 11:14 AM
I've always used Ken's dyno at Megacycle in Keysborough, he's a pretty switched on guy & can tell you how to interpret the A/F & power/torque graphs & what needs richening/leaning if you don't know, as well as just doing a power run. He charges $33 per run but that involves a setup run & at least 2 simultaneous power runs, you can re-jet in his workshop while he goes off & builds his exhausts (he'll even let you use his tools!) & then you pay another $33 for another couple of power runs. He's a real hands-on bloke & is happy to help out with carb adjustments if you don't know what you're doing (as long as you don't expect him to do the whole job for you) Whereas some other Dyno mobs will just stick your bike on the Dyno, give it a run & that's it.
TurboKat Rating - :D:D:D:D:) (4 1/2 out of 5)

Gix11
25-10-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm liking the new rating system there Darren. I think that one should stick.

sharky
25-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Thanks Turbo....Just wondering is the Dyno powerful enough for me Yam or can it only handle quacks ;)

deafwish
25-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Dynoverks in Boronia have some state of the art Dyno facility which has some flashie load testing thing on it.
I can also comment on Ken being a top bloke.

devo
25-10-2006, 06:48 PM
quote:Sharky Wrote,
Thanks Turbo....Just wondering is the Dyno powerful enough for me Yam or can it only handle quacks

:D:D:D:D:D LOL
I shouldn't laugh I just scored myself a Kwaka KH100 bucket
racer for next season to thrash around with the GSXR [:p]
Do ya reckon your Dyno could handle that a whole 25hp coming
out of that little sucker ay.[:0]
Go the Kwaka ;)