PDA

View Full Version : Elec help needed PLS

The crow
06-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi all,
This maybe one for the older fellows. I have an 82 900 honda boldor project with nasty elec prob. I seem to have no life at all going to the ignition all bar one constant live. can get no life to dash lights except via a direct line from constant and only when hooked up individualy. Bike will not start due to no power to ignition. Main fuse is all ok and not blown. also fuses located near handle bars are all ok. have disconnected the ignition to take it out of equation but even when connected only one wire had power which seems to be a constant. So basicaly i have nothing except one live to ignition. Am tearing hair out at present so any help would be appreciated. hope this is clear enough for some advice.

Thx in advance.

lurch
06-05-2009, 10:29 PM
If you've got power from the battery to the switch but nothing out then it could be a dodgy ignition switch. It's not the best quality but here is a CB 900 wiring diagram

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=HondaCB750F_CB900F.jpg&album=24592&fullsize=1

Don't know what you're like with electrics, can explain a bit further if you need.

Jockney Rebel
07-05-2009, 01:53 AM
s true i had an old baldy whore and her ign switch fell apart inside causing all sorts of ittermitant problems

angrypom
07-05-2009, 01:39 PM
i would be the ignition switch definately. you need to check to se if you get power to the other contacts on the swith as you turn the key. you could try bypassing the switch through a toggle switch as well.

davio
07-05-2009, 10:06 PM
yup what they said,, look at ur diagram and find the wire that powers ur ign,ie, live from battery goes to ign,then there will be a wire thats gets power from that and feeds all the other stuff when the key is switched to on ,put a test pencil on it and there u go ,no power , fugged ign switch

The crow
07-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Thank you all. looks like ignition will be gone permanately from now. am planing on putting in a couple of toggles in one as an isolator and one as power so ignition will be dummy.Have been useing the old test pencil for checking of life and can find one other wire that gets some power when ignition turned on but still no aux power and no go. The old man has built quite a lot of 750 4s so with a bit more help beer swearing and scratching it should all come together.
Lurch thx heaps for the diagram it is much clearer than the one i have and i don't need a microscope to read it