PDA

View Full Version : old stickers removal

camlark
06-05-2009, 10:14 AM
anyone know how to remove old stickers from plastics, besides picking em off one square centimetre at a time.

craig
06-05-2009, 10:20 AM
WD40 works but it needs to soak a bit or petrol works well. If your carefull with a blade you can trim the plastic off then use the cemicals on the residue. Good luck.

DiscoDan
06-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Isopropyl achohol or eucalyptus oil are pretty good solvents but can be hard to get under the stickers. Slow and steady is required

fimpBIKES
06-05-2009, 11:06 AM
heat gun/ spot light can ease em up too

Gix11
06-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Heat gun (hair drier) and prepsol (called prepsolve at Bunnings).

I had a topic on this but just deleted the fucker by accident. Awesome.

Ok, here goes again:

Get a heat gun or hair drier and heat up a small area of the sticker to know what temperature you need to get them. Too hot and the sticker will stretch and snap and too cold it will just chip off in small pieces (like you are getting at the moment). Get it warm enough so the glue becomes tacky again and then the sticker should come off in one piece like a post-it note. Don't worry if all the glue doesn't come off as the preopsol (prepsolve or whatever other paint priming liquid you can find) will get that off. If the glue is stubborn, it's dried on you, if it balls up it's drying on you, so heat it again and let the prepsol soak on it for a bit. Don't let it cool off and dry and it should come of real easy.

It's piss easy getting stickers off in the summer and a shit in the winter.

I used to do vehicle signage for a job and did this every day, so I know it's easy.

scrotary
22-05-2009, 06:19 PM
boil the jug and pour hot water over sticker, repeat

BOHEMION
22-05-2009, 06:23 PM
I put abit of Eucalyptus oil on them, you will see the oil soak into the adhesive side of the sticker, it if stops soaking, douse some more on the sticker and let it sit, then get something that wont damage whats behind it and scrape it off, works for me on plastics and glass.

Iceman
22-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Hair dryer and eucalyptus worked for me.