PDA

View Full Version : Hey, newbie to the madness.

Liquidity
06-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Herro.

Complete newbie to most things here, riding a naked vtr 250.

Already modifying this bike with accesories, primarily, mounting of extra driving lights, accent lights, moving indicators etc, minor stuff.

Plans down the road are for, well, god knows, but it's going to be customised, and I love the street fighter look. Hell, I might buy a shiny sportsbike down the road, ride it like its MEANT To be ridden, and fighter it when it goes down. Note the when, not "if". I dont mind the idea of finding the limit balls to the wall by going and going for a slide on the track.

Anyway, thought i'd join, i hear theres a metric load of technical knowledge on here. *hits up search feature*

latheboy
06-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Welcome ...
Extra driving lights? Do you do a bit of night riding?
Got any pics?
As for the alleged knowledge, arh .. well ... you'll work it out :D

craig
06-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Welcome. Where you gunna mount truck battery to run lights. :D

scotty
06-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Welcome. Pics or it never happened

Liquidity
06-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Pics or it never happened is my favourite saying :P

I do a fair bit of night riding, what with the day job, and riding to/from work in the entertainment industry on weekends.

Also, the hills near adelaide are blissfully winding, however...theres usually wildlife, no lighting, trees etc....not good for night riding when your pissant headlight doesnt light up anything when your leaned over. Plan is to have the driving lights angled *across* the beam, so the "highside" fires around the curve on high beam.

KATO ZX7
06-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the crazy house then :D

dingo
07-05-2009, 09:21 PM
welcome, thinking of an early VTR 250 for the missus

pics?:D