PDA

View Full Version : Acewell help

Lucas
05-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Right-e-o

When it comes to most things electrical I'm a complete retard. I'll pretty much stand there staring at the mess of wires, stamping on the spot while screaming and hitting myself in the head.

My question is, when wiring up an acewell can I use the existing wires from the old dash or do I need to re-wire the lot?

Even better, is there anyone in Canberra who feels like doing it for me for beers of their choice?

davio
05-05-2009, 06:34 PM
i just did my analogue mini one and i did have a few fuck ups but i got there,,u need a printout of the wiring diagram for ur model bike
and then u use the connector blocks supplied to adapt ur loom to the acewell connector blocks
the diagram supplied to work from is really crap ,but if u stare at it long enough some of it can make sense
good luck mate

Cruisecontrol
05-05-2009, 07:03 PM
I am electrically illiterate, but as Dave said, get a wiring diagram for your bike and you can get it pretty much sorted without a lot of drama.
That being said, I have had my Acewell for three or so years and I still haven't managed to sort out the wiring for the side stand switch, but the everything else works, so I am fine with it. :D

Fight_fan
06-05-2009, 07:56 AM
I used the existing loom when I wired up my Motogadget dash, it works sweet!

craig
06-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I fitted the acewell to existing loom, had no trouble at all. I had it easy i think. The wires went to original gauges indavidualy. Therefor it was easy to attach new wires to old when you know exacly what thay do.