PDA

View Full Version : Acewell made bike run rough

Dansk
30-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Can anybody help out?
I chopped the wires from the original cluster.Wired up the Acewell tacho- first the bike was running rough.Realised that I must have used the wrong power wire.Swapped the wires and the bike seemed to run ok.Took it for a ride, had ridden for five minutes and it started to run rough,stalled ,got it started ran rough and stalled all the way home.
Could i have fried the CDI?

latheboy
01-05-2009, 07:31 AM
Have you got fuel in it... Not being smart just starting at the begining

Dansk
01-05-2009, 10:15 AM
I can start it and it will idle away in the garage ok.When I give it a bit of throttle it sounds like it's missing a few beat's.
It might not have anything to do with the new Acewell Tacho?

latheboy
01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Do you have NGK spark plugs:D Clean air filter?
Clean fuel filter?
I would think if you had fried the CDI it wouldnt fire at all

rock hard
01-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Hey Dansk. just wondering did you use the taco signal wire around the plug lead or straight to the coil .come see me at work il see if we have a spare cdi box.or il give you the adress of a repairer...morry

Dansk
03-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks Morry.The tacho signal wire is wrapped around the plug lead.Took it off ,made no difference.
Spend alot off time in the garage this weekend.
Unplugged all wires going to the Acewell made no difference.
Four new sparkplugs no difference.
Pulled the carbs apart and cleaned them .There were some fine dirt in the bowls.But didn't do anything.
Wired up the old cluster. It sounded like it was running ok...Problem fixed?
Unplugged the old cluster ,still sounds the same-what the! Need to assemble every thing and take it for a test run.

Dansk
14-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Problem fixed.It turned out that the fuel pump relay decided to fail,not sure if I did it.
When I put the ignition on, the pump would prime,but after that nothing.That would give me enough fuel to get around the block and it would run low on fuel.
The same thing was playing tricks with me in the garage.When I was trying different things some times there was enough fuel and other times not.
I hooked the pump up to ignition power and took it for a test run, all good.
Acewell tacho good too.