PDA

View Full Version : relay chatter

mjcoope
28-04-2009, 10:41 PM
g'day guys and girl,

found one more little problem before i get my roadworthy.

I installed a relay for the Neutral light on my acewell gauge, it works fine when the bike isn't running BUT!!! when i turn the bike on i get massive relay chatter and the neutral light stays on even when im in gear...

i have no idea what to do as im not the best when it comes to electronics... i've checked all my wiring and there isn't any shorts...

anyone had this problem and any solutions so i can get my RWC
cheers

mjc

Docktor
29-04-2009, 12:00 AM
negative switching the relay thru the wire comin from ya clutch ?

mjcoope
29-04-2009, 06:40 PM
yer, negative switching the wire from the clutch.

the way i've hooked it up (maybe this is where the problem is) on the relay; 86 and 30 are connected to an earth, 85 to the bike and 87 to the acewell unit. using 87A give me the same result but in reverse (neutral light off when in neutral on in gear)

common doc haha im busting to take this bike for a ride!! (without someone elses plates..haha)

davio
29-04-2009, 06:58 PM
had a dc relay in an ac circuit once ,did that ,, but not sure it would do same in reverse,, worth lookin anyway

Docktor
29-04-2009, 09:04 PM
somethin is rippin at ya trigger voltage when the bike is runnin ??
Earth has to be ok coz ya have a neutral light right ?
where is trigger voltage comin from ?
the acewell ?, maybe, get a light ,get a test light,start bike , hook from neg on bettery and your tigger voltage and watch the light ? , do it flash fast ?. ummmm , where else can ya pull a light trigger from ? forget the acewell, head for the tail light maybe ?