PDA

View Full Version : Tail lifter kits?

AK47
28-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Hey, just checking out these Metisse tail lifter kits, and the website reckons you get:
Tail Lifter + better handling
+ better feedback from rear suspension
+ more grip on the rear wheel
+ more weight on the front wheel
+ less kickback
+ much better look with raised tail
+ tested and recommended by international motorcycle journalists
+ race proven

Anyone got any experience with em? I'm thinking about chucking some in my Z750, but Im worried it'll just fuck the balance of the bike.
Thanks!

AK47
28-04-2009, 08:21 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1240919005.gif

BANDITROD
28-04-2009, 08:28 PM
mate you can make them yourself with minimal fuss and as far as better handling i reckon yep but it will make your bike more unstable at high speed but its not crazy unstable ...but that depends on how far you raise it and remember if you make the dogbones dont get to excited with the difference as you wont need to alter it much to get your desired result

Cruisecontrol
28-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Ask the Mundy about the best type of material to use when you make your own dog bones.

So far:

<s>Paper Mache</s>

<s>Alfoil</s>

DiscoDan
28-04-2009, 11:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by AK47

Hey, just checking out these Metisse tail lifter kits, and the website reckons you get:
Tail Lifter + better handling
+ better feedback from rear suspension
+ more grip on the rear wheel
+ more weight on the front wheel
+ less kickback
+ much better look with raised tail
+ tested and recommended by international motorcycle journalists
+ race proven

Anyone got any experience with em? I'm thinking about chucking some in my Z750, but Im worried it'll just fuck the balance of the bike.
Thanks!

Apparently it fixes herpes as well. It can certainly do all of this but it depends on your starting point and how far you take it. A small increase in rear ride height can have a big difference but the z starts from a pretty lazy steering geometry

Tony Nitrous
29-04-2009, 05:05 AM
Check chain clearance across the top of the arm
when the new links push it lower.

latheboy
29-04-2009, 07:25 AM
An easy way to get the lenght of the new dog bone is to hang the back of the bike from the roof in you shed ( only take the weight ) then remove the OEM dog bone, Be careful it doesnt fall over.. then lift the back till you get the height you like, CHECK everything that moves in the area for clearance, and then just measure between the 2 mounting points.... You might find that the lenght will only be 5mm different, a little down there is alot at the seat. Get someone to hold the bike while its hanging, measure, put back together, drop it, make new bits and do it all again.