PDA

View Full Version : Need a Job

Stocky
27-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Last day at work tomorrow.

Made redundant by a bunch of idiots that couldn't organise a ....

Sorry, just havin a rant [:I]

bluemk1
27-04-2009, 06:46 PM
im waiting for the same fate
we are on a day by day basis, has been like that for the last 2 months [V]

good luck with finding work
i hear its tough out there

Jup
27-04-2009, 07:34 PM
They're always looking for posties...

Crap pay, stupid management but hey, any port in a storm!

timbo
27-04-2009, 09:04 PM
I was made redundant last Monday after 8 years
by a bunch of jackasses

KATO ZX7
27-04-2009, 09:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jup

They're always looking for posties...

Crap pay, stupid management but hey, any port in a storm!
Australia Post - Where you get paid to ride (and dig up naturestrips) :D[}:)]

lurch
27-04-2009, 10:04 PM
That sucks Gerard, rant warranted

Best of luck on the job hunting mate

Shayne

FIGHTERMC
28-04-2009, 04:38 AM
me too after 15 and a half year's
i'll be finished in july.

Jup
28-04-2009, 04:42 AM
Sux how the Gov't can just throw around numbers and statistics when there's real lives on the line.

latheboy
28-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Shit house guys ... I hope something comes up for you...

zx12argh
28-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Sorry to hear mate. I still think half this country has talked itself into a recession.
I've been working a 4 day week for the last 2 months and it'll stay that way "until further notice".
I'm not complaining mind you a lot of people out there are doing it tougher then me.

Gix11
28-04-2009, 02:56 PM
If people turned off their fuckin' televisions and radios and stopped reading gutter press none of us would have this problem. The Australian economy is fine without all their shit. I live with a bank manager and she's busier than ever. The big overseas market companies have scared the rest of the country. Shits me to tears.

WATEVR
28-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Stocky where are you mate maybe i can help out as i am in the recruitment game?

STELF
28-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Ran out of Work this week 2 guys:( Fuck it lets all go ride ;)[?]

jakam04
28-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I wish all of you who have been made redundant find a new position quickly.

I would have been in the same boat, but for a health issue that has now appeared to be a blessing. I chose to remain in forces for assistance with health and now am glad I made the right choice.

Take care mate

Jarrod

Jockney Rebel
28-04-2009, 11:44 PM
..im fuckin flat out ....if youve got any mech knowledge at all give PIRTEKs website a look theyve been looking for guys in brissy area for months free truck and fuel about 22 an hour plus o/t and bounses i average about$850 a week usually

Gix11
29-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Lame I know, but money is money: Gold Coast Yellow Taxis are looking for at least 50 drivers. They're desperate. (or they were last time I heard a week ago).

Azrael
29-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Weve got fuckall on at the moment, im contemplating looking for a real job..

Large
29-04-2009, 01:51 PM
I've put my hand up for a redundancy last week.

Wont know for a month or three

craig
29-04-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm a self employed chippy, i had no work for 3 weeks. Luckely a couple of quotes got the ok. Some people working in other areas know nothing about the downturn so don't tell them and i might get a bit more work. ;) Let's hope everyone has a bit more of a positive attitude and we can all get a bit more work. Then we can drink more and ride more.:D :D :D

Stocky
30-04-2009, 02:55 PM
WATECR - I'm in Muwellbrook NSW.
Emial me and I'll flick you a Resume if you like ?

JackTar
30-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Join the Navy you fuckers, good times for us. Because of this so called recession prices and interest rates keep coming down and I have fuck all chance of getting sacked not to mention the fact that they are not allowed to lower my pay. As a matter of fact without trying to rub it in I (along with most everyone else in the Navy) just got a pay rise.

JackTar
30-04-2009, 08:00 PM
BTW why the fuck is this in the welcome section?

Lucas
30-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Join the Correctional services. I'm getting payed $70.000 pa to sit on my arse at the moment. Yeah, it'll get busy soon but working with crims and junkies the days will always be entertaining.

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
30-04-2009, 08:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Join the Navy you fuckers, good times for us. Because of this so called recession prices and interest rates keep coming down and I have fuck all chance of getting sacked not to mention the fact that they are not allowed to lower my pay. As a matter of fact without trying to rub it in I (along with most everyone else in the Navy) just got a pay rise.

Bite me Blowie ! You wanna rego my bike ? Anyone need a shit hot pvc window fabbie ?

Lucas
30-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I need some plexiglass

JackTar
30-04-2009, 08:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by OLD SKOOL BANDIT

Bite me Blowie ! You wanna rego my bike ? Anyone need a shit hot pvc window fabbie ?

Join up Bryn, we have heaps of poms in the Navy who can't make it in the real world :D

JackTar
30-04-2009, 08:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Lucas

Join the Correctional services. I'm getting payed $70.000 pa to sit on my arse at the moment. Yeah, it'll get busy soon but working with crims and junkies the days will always be entertaining.

You working at the new gaol Lucas? I have thought about doing that but I still owe the Navy a couple of years and I really wanna do some more sea time before I leave.

Lucas
30-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Nah, Jacktar. I'm with Corrections but working in drug and alco rehab but we're not actually in the Gaol, were based in the community. We take blokes out of Gaol as a part of their probation/parole requirements. I was trying to get into the Gaol when this position came about. When I get bored doning what I'm doing I'll transfer to the Gaol.

I had to go out there a few weeks ago to sort out some security shit and fuck me, once you walk into that place (away from where the public gets to see) its like a fucking James Bond movie. The level of the technology in the security systems is fucking amazing.

Gix11
30-04-2009, 09:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by OLD SKOOL BANDIT

Hmm. Interesting. Monoman runs a UPVC double glazing workshop.

Issues
30-04-2009, 10:39 PM
I was made redundent 2 months ago, 26 fitters and boilermakers went, almost half of the floor staff. Some are still not working.

Good luck mate, hopefully mining picks up again soon.

KRASH
01-05-2009, 03:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Lame I know, but money is money: Gold Coast Yellow Taxis are looking for at least 50 drivers. They're desperate. (or they were last time I heard a week ago).

JESUS....Could you imagine Stocky in a Cab?
"Fuck off mate...You look too heavy"!
a good thing would be the Times you could tell John Martin you were driving around the A1 circuit in..LOL

BWIAN
01-05-2009, 06:01 AM

You working at the new gaol Lucas? I have thought about doing that but I still owe the Navy a couple of years and I really wanna do some more sea time before I leave.

Hey JackTar, What Ship you serving on, if i had my time again id be in a Collins Class rite now!

Fish
01-05-2009, 08:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by KRASH

JESUS....Could you imagine Stocky in a Cab?
"Fuck off mate...You look too heavy"!

Bwahahahaha!!! I don't think it'd go to well, he'd be tking out the back seats to trim the weight anyway wouldn't he?

JackTar
01-05-2009, 08:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by BWIAN

Hey JackTar, What Ship you serving on, if i had my time again id be in a Collins Class rite now!

Last ship was MELBOURNE, currently serving hard time at the Australian Defence Force Academy screaming at Baby Officers. How old are you mate they will let anyone join right up to about 50 year old now. Not to mention the fact they are screaming for personnel on the Subs and they are paying them ridiculous amounts of money.

uncle pervy
01-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Got laid off on the 17th of december last year. 50 blokes out the door in a week.
Can't find a job, don't have trade paper's (but they'll take me when there's heaps of work and then be surpised at the
quality of my work).
Can't join the armed forces (did that and i'm too old now).
Can't join the corrective services ( ex-inmates ARE NOT allowed on the other side of the fence).
Fucking sucks to be me

lizard
01-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey stocky same here mate fucken greedy executives from around this planet scum of the earth !! Should bring out laws to make illegal for them to meet together CUNTS GREEDY CUNTS !!!!!!

Tony Nitrous
01-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Go to work, find out site has emergency shut down,
Give customer bill for 7 hours, plus vehicle hire, plus allowances,
Go straight back home for breakfast....same for all 9 of our blokes,
(truck / Bobcat / Excavator etc)

Thursday and again today Friday.........

Customer just posted $2.39 billion (£1.64 billion) profit,
So I figure they can stand it and I dont know when my next job is.

MTBEERWAH
01-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Looks like every poor fucker on here is loosing their job, i joined the masses 2 weeks ago, although i`m in constuction, and that is always a limited life, it always hurts when its cut short by a year or two..

Tony Nitrous
01-05-2009, 12:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by MTBEERWAH

Looks like every poor fucker on here is loosing their job, i joined the masses 2 weeks ago, although i`m in constuction, and that is always a limited life, it always hurts when its cut short by a year or two..

Yeah, im in construction too,
but as Si said, whatever the economy is like, good or bad,
you only need a few folk to panic and many private construction
jobs get put on hold untill they are more certain.

Razorback
01-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Seriously if you live in Adelaide and you are any of the following, PM me and I may have something for you at our company. Truck Driver (multi combo prefered we need at least 2 ASAP) Tyre Fitter (truck tyres), Yard Hand (must have Fork licence and preferably at least heavy rigid). If you have any qualification in welding, boilermaker or deisel mechanic or plant operator also PM me as we turn these jobs over or need more about monthly....

The company is http://www.kjmcontractors.com.au/

Go watch the video and if your still interested either ring the main number and ask for Peter or PM me...

Cheers

Ronaldo
09-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Hey Guys, if your desperate and need work the Insulation industry is where its at. The government just passed a $1600 rebate and as I work for Higgins Insulation the turn around has been huge. We are constantly putting new people on in the factory and installers. If you need a job ring us.

Fight_fan
09-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Ronaldo welcome to the madness mate, didnt see u come in!
Im the same at work at the moment, the gov. rebates have basically savd the company I work for! We peddle plumbing supplies n right now we cant keep up with the demand for 'heat pump' hot water heaters! I'v got about 50 install jobs lined up n I cant get stock fast enough! Seeing as we make almost a grand per install, this couldnt have come at a better time.

Gix11
09-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Shit yea, of course, forgot about the insulation grant. All you see around town in insulation trucks these days. Definitely a winner. In fact I'm going to try and get some insulation from the grant as well for my girlfriends place. Any ideas on what to get?

Lucas
09-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Insulation I'd imagine Si.

Large
09-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Pink Batts

Gix11
09-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Imaginary Pinks Batts. I'm on the case.

I got that hose-in shit at my joint years ago. Still going pretty well actually, although the geezer doing it did come out looking like this (except a bit more vertical):

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1241944267.jpg

336LJ
09-05-2009, 08:33 PM

If people turned off their fuckin' televisions and radios and stopped reading gutter press none of us would have this problem. The Australian economy is fine without all their shit. I live with a bank manager and she's busier than ever. The big overseas market companies have scared the rest of the country. Shits me to tears.

That is EXACTLY whats going on mate. Switch of your idiot box and suddenly no one around you is dying of this so called swine flu epidemic (what happened to that by the way?) and all the fucking media does is hype up this recession shit. Where I work just built a gazillion dollar cold storage supply facility, and have "out grown" the current warehouse and need to expand.

When I talk to people that have had this kinda crap pulled on em like what you guys are going through, I say the same thing. Food, clothes, and house hold shit is the last thing people stop buying before they go homeless.
So get into something like what I'm doing, the supply chain area for large grocery stores like coles (where I'm at now) woollies, IGA etc.

I got fooled into taking a 4 month contract so I'm on a shit load less every week now (bout $750 after tax)cause I was spending too much time over analysing this recession crap. but they are constantly hiring.
You start as a casual, on about $32 an hour, minimum 4 hrs a day if your called in, min of 12-16 hrs a week as per EBA. Cruize around on a pallet truck (backwards forklift thing) and lift up shit thats no more heavier than about 15kg, stacking pallets and rollcages for the night fill people at the stores.

After training, and a few weeks on trial, you go on the incentives scheme. I'm retarded and talk to everyone so the mandatory 85% pick rate is a bit of a challenge for me. but there are people there earning 700-900 after tax a week, then their weekly bonus which can be anywhere from $25 (me hehe) or 500.

Seriously, you get bored of it before you get worn out. But it helps to be able to bend over and get back up!

go here http://careersearch.colesgroup.com.au/jobSearch.asp?stp=AW

I'm in coles group limited - supply chain.
The guys on the floor are a good bunch of fellers, theres a few hundred odd on my shift alone (avo shift - dayshift gets less per hr) I think this lot of hiring closes soon tho. We'v got all kinds of people rocking up, most have their own jobs/companies during the day then come here at night.
They even pay you to do the online induction if you get the job!

I'm bored as hell but I'm sticking with it for now. since I'm the only one working at the moment.

Ronaldo
09-05-2009, 11:32 PM
where ya can mate avoid fibreglass, give me a call at work on monday and i'll sort you out. just ask for ron. and if any of you want a job i will point you in the right direction! :D

uncle pervy
12-05-2009, 12:59 PM
hey luke you got contact info? my missus works at kewdale dc and got some questions for ya

Radrob
12-05-2009, 10:22 PM
lots of us in the same boat. I'm a mechanical fitter, out of work, applied to coles thanks for the link 336LJ, post office, exhaust shop, about 20 maintenance fitter jobs online don't even get to the interview stage with them just thanks for trying emails, I've been making and repairing stuff for 25 years but only had the formal qualification for 18 months so they put me in the inexperienced bin, hoping to get at least get a couple of days a week casual work to pay the bills. I may have to try the local insulation mob. thanks for the ideas guys and I hope everyone ends up in their dream job soon

336LJ
13-05-2009, 02:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by uncle pervy

hey luke you got contact info? my missus works at kewdale dc and got some questions for ya

yeah mate I'll pm you my email address if you like?

uncle pervy
13-05-2009, 08:30 PM
sure either that or email us
rickyriggio@yahoo.com.au

Fish
14-05-2009, 05:58 PM
the fibreglass insulation does have it's good points though. some arseholes tryed to break into the roof of my old mans place the other day and we think the only thing that stoped them was the idea of crawling all over fiberglass batts to get to the man hole. that shit not fun to get on you hey.