PDA

View Full Version : TLR Exhaust Question

clairebear
22-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Howdy you few TLR types.
I was wondering if anyone had advice on some up & under pipes / system
for a 2001 TLR. Not a fighter, but Mr Bear is wanting to try & make his bike look as sexy as mine (not possible).

Advice / pix appreciated thank you.:D

fimpBIKES
22-05-2006, 06:58 PM
there are some guys on TLZone who have done undertails
but the tlr is already a pretty tight squeeze

i really recommend my yoshi system, its about 10kg lighter than the original setup and looks sweet (what left of it :D)

but i dont think that there are any aftermarket undertail kits available

i think the best option would be to go and see Bo at Moore Mufflers in Broadmeadow
he is into bikes and makes his own cans as well
im pretty sure he could sort something out for less than a yoshi full system

Gix11
22-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Ask Ben. He's done one.

EXBEN
22-05-2006, 10:48 PM
The biggest prob the TLR has is there is nowhere for the pipes to go through the swingarm, so the off the shelf kit's usually run them up the outside & around. Which looks pretty ordinary.It's much easier with an aftermarket swinger to get it all looking neat.

clairebear
23-05-2006, 08:42 AM
yes, i did kinda sorta say there would not be room, specially as he is particularly large, and causes my rear tyre to wear on the new system i have...however, you know how it is, the Mrs has sexy pipes, I gotta have them too...I'll have a look at this TLzone site and check it out.
thanks all.

fimpBIKES
23-05-2006, 01:10 PM
most of the zone ones run on the outside and im with ben on it

its cool to have underseat, but if u have big ass tubes hangin out the side anyways
whats the point?

clairebear
23-05-2006, 02:22 PM
swingarm! gasp, too hard work! - did not find much in the way of TLzone (?)
i kinda like it like it is, its got these straight thru carbon vibre 'vega' cans on it, loud as buggery, but they are the "big ass tubes hangin out the side" variety, and Mr Bear's vanity streak is a mile wide when it comes to bikes. oh well, I have asked, and you have told. I will pass the info on. thanks all. will post again if he decides to go ahead with anything. my posts are getting longer.:-(

BOHEMION
23-05-2006, 03:10 PM
hey Claire! jump onto austreetfigher.com and check out the BlueFlame Stubby nose cans and exahsut set up thats on that Speed tripple. http://www.austreetfighter.com.au/scart/html/217.html is the link.

Ben would this Speed tripple set up be useful on a TLR? the headers end on the left or right side of the bike and the the bends made to only one side, so that theres not 2 big ugly pipes over the swing arm on both sides....kinda like the Ducati S4R but the pipe is extended over to meet a dual sided look.. On side has all the pipe bling, one side is clean!:D

I imagine this can be done.

fimpBIKES
23-05-2006, 07:16 PM
only trouble there boh is that the stock system ha flanges for the cans
so u would need a full system

here's the link bear
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42624&highlight=underseat

eddii
03-06-2006, 02:15 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/61461084163840.jpg

here's a pic of my old tiller with that exhaust (sorry for my late reply) [:I] it is possible to achieve tidy bends around the swingarm and subframe.