PDA

View Full Version : bandit busa tail

Harry
24-04-2009, 09:08 PM
can anyone tell me if a 96 model bandit take a 06 busa swingarm ? looking at putting a busa ass on my old bandit.

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
24-04-2009, 09:13 PM
I know you can get the front end on. Looking forward to this beer fueled project Harry.

Harry
24-04-2009, 09:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by OLD SKOOL BANDIT

I know you can get the front end on. Looking forward to this beer fueled project Harry.
bryn a phone call will get me the 06 gixa rolling front end and a 06 busa rolling rear end i just got to find out if the rear will fit in? i just need to know how wide a busa arm is at the pivot point to see if it will fit into a 96 bandit frame ???????[:0] i can have spacer's made so thats no big deal........info please any one !

Booster
24-04-2009, 11:49 PM
227mm not counting the side seals with thrust washers which are another ~2mm/side

Harry
25-04-2009, 01:17 AM
thanks booster, i'll put a tape over my old bandit in the morning and hopefully order the front and rear end's.....thanks again mate:)

Booster
25-04-2009, 06:36 AM
no probs
also gsxr swingers are the same width but 30mm shorter incase you want to shorten it up a little, just make sure you get the rocker assembley and spring to suit the swingarm , ratios vary and a gsxr rocker on busa swingarm can have clearance probs

Harry
25-04-2009, 08:20 AM
cool mate,im going to buy the rear end complete so all i need to do is pin it and play with the shock mounting point on the frame,
sound's like you've done this befor ? cheer's :)

BANDITROD
25-04-2009, 04:00 PM
i reckon cruisecontrol was thinking of doing this at one stage maybe pm him harry

Tony Nitrous
25-04-2009, 05:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

no probs also gsxr swingers are the same width but 30mm shorter incase you want to shorten it up a little, just make sure you get the rocker assembley and spring to suit the swingarm , ratios vary and a gsxr rocker on busa swingarm can have clearance probs

Yeah, I wanted to put a GSXR600 arm into my Busa,
pull the rear wheel in by 30mm.

I know it can be done, the drag guys do it so they can slam the
bikes low as the 600 arm has no big casting over it, then they
use extenders to get the extra length.

I just thought the Busa would be wheelie funny if it was shorter.
Never did it as I wasnt happy with suspension/arm clearance.

Harry
27-04-2009, 05:35 PM
thanks guy's...well iv gone a head and ordered the part's for my old 96 bandit,full rolling front and rear end's from a 08 busa ! god help me[:0] iv measured the bandit piviot point at 220mm clearance and iv been told buy the people at vic wrecker's in melbourne that the arm is 240mm with thrust washers inserted with 10mm either side of pivott point that i can machine down and maybe a tad off the frame to get it to fit,iv sorced the parts of www.find a part.com and got 20 e-mails back in a day from wrecker's all over oz ! next thing is to go looking for a beull sub frame. i'll start a thread on it wen i have all the bit's and can get it started'might need some advice..stripped the bandit to bare frame last week end so there's no turning back now :)

Cruisecontrol
27-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Here is a good thread of a bloke that just put a Busa front end on his B12.

http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=11781.0

Regarding the rear, I had an 03 GSXR rear I had planned to fit on to my B12 and it seemed like it wouldn't be too much work (as previously stated it was just a matter of removing a bit of material from the frame and it should have slotted straight in). In the end I really couldn't see the benefits to all the dicking around with things like chain alignments, shock mounts etc for what was essentially a cosmetic improvement. I already have a Busa shock installed and with the GSXR front end it now handles like a dream.
If I was ever going to do something with the rear it would be to get an over or under brace fitted to the stock swinger.

Just a matter of weighing up the benefits of all that effort.

evad
27-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Good on ya Harry, sounds like its all happening!!