PDA

View Full Version : Arse raising bracket

zx12argh
23-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Just had a thought. I'm thinking of jacking up the arse end of my zx12r but dont want to pay to get a new subframe. I was thinking of getting a bracket made up that sits between the chassis and the rear sub frame that changes the angle the arse hangs off at.

Has anyone tried this? It would have to be a Z shaped profile (like I drew below) - I figure if i make it out of stainless and paint it the same colour it will be as tough as the rest and not look too out of place.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/5515668088845.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/5515667512001.JPG

Gix11
24-10-2006, 12:10 AM
How much higher do you want to go? Dogbone changes could be the answer?

zx12argh
24-10-2006, 09:20 AM
quote: Dogbone changes could be the answer?

What are those?

For me the higher the better, anything to stop it from looking like a stock bike thats just had the plastic removed, though saying that I want to keep modifcations to the seat, fuel tank and dove tail to a minimum. Tight arse student remember ;)

Benz
24-10-2006, 11:45 AM
"dog bones" are the links that join the rear shocky to the swingarm.
They hang off the 'arm, connecting it to the rest of the linkage system. They can be made fairly easily, ozkat sent me a pair of extremely long ones , with three settings, cut from steel, with a plasma , or waterjet cutter, they will jack the back of the GPZ turbo up nicely, [thanx OZ]
If you want adjustable ones[to alter your ride height whenever you feel like it] they could be made from all thread steel rod, with two adjustable rose joints at either end
Or you could probably find some already made online.....somewhere[^]
Added rear ride height usually means quicker steering, and more wheelspin out of corners, what a worry:D

Kamakazebusa
24-10-2006, 07:36 PM
"Added rear ride height usually means quicker steering, and more wheelspin out of corners, what a worry...."

I'm with BENZ....hehehe