PDA

View Full Version : Project begins

Naked Twin
22-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Well after searching and searching I have bought myself a GSXR750 2006 model. 6000klms on the clock. It is a repairable write off with pretty much only fairing damage.

Plan is to turn it into a street fighter obviously. Starting off simple to get it on the road and then see where we go from there.

Need a couple of recommendations/ ideas for the indicators and mirrors. Have found conversion kits for the handle bars, and head lights jut not sure about the indicators and mirrors.

Will post up photos shortly. Looking forward to getting started.

Nick

Slain
22-04-2009, 01:57 PM
oberon make some nice bar end indicators as do kellermann.
not legal in most states as they are more than 50cm from the rear of the bike but who cares lol
ausfr has the oberon ones on his site otherwise check out european streetfighters for kellermann.
as for mirrors i am not much help there as i still havent found mirrors i like.

Hillsy
22-04-2009, 03:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Slain

oberon make some nice bar end indicators as do kellermann.
not legal in most states as they are more than 50cm from the rear of the bike but who cares lol

He probably will care - he has to get the bike inspected and registered first [:0]

I repaired a ZX9 a few years back (from a rep write-off) and brought it back to stock for the rego stuff (then fightered it ;)). I was lucky in that the fairings were all there (just cracked) so I plastic welded them. No questions asked at inspection time :D

Slain
22-04-2009, 03:31 PM
yeah but indicators cost nothing these days from wreckers for stock massive looking things.

mjcoope
23-04-2009, 08:26 PM
bar end mirrors...ebay around 50$ posted