PDA

View Full Version : Blown GSXR

Rocket
23-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Here you go, after many months of waiting.
Intercooler and turbo etc all fitted up.
I just need to sort some oil lines and put a few clamps on here and there and we're good to go.
Still waiting on the muffler to come but I will never lose hope that it might actually arrive before I;m too old to swing a leg over this thing.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/551566979105824.jpg

Rocket
23-10-2006, 10:28 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/342555376104147.jpg

Note Deano's fully sick clutch cover.

Iceman
23-10-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm soooo jealous right now! Got nearly all the bits for mine now. I just have to find the time to get it all together and make it run.

03gixxerpilot
23-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Awsume how long befor its runnig on the road

Benz
23-10-2006, 11:18 AM
You don't really need a muffler if you've got a turbo, the turbo chops up the exhaust gases, so it also cuts up the noise..........start her up :D
Great job Rocket, I like the 'anti blow-off strap' across the carbs, shows you're thinkin mate. Have you modified the carbs at all?

Booster
23-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Very tidy job[:p],
How are you boost referencing the carbs and fuel pressure?

Gix11
23-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Nice, nice, nice. Keep us posted with build pics mate, this is a corker of a job!

Rocket
23-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks fellas,
03Gixer, I think within a week or two it should be ready to fire up.

Ice, you're a braver man than me, I'm too scared of lunching a motor to build a bitza turbo system. Over here in the west, there's not much resource to get advice on this sort of thing so i got a kit. Expensive as fuck though.

Benz, Carbs were modded for turbo use so are good to go, those straps came with the set up but I've seen them on other bikes in mags so I would have probably ran them anyway.
You're probably right about the noise, all my mates are in my ear about running dump pipes and stuff, but i would rather not attract unwanted attention by the obvious lack of a muffler.
Or take the chance of going all this way to find it's too loud later and need a silencer.

Booster, I have a boost sensing fuel pressure regulator that uses boost from the plenum chamber and adjusts the fuel pressure to stay slightly above boost.

Next pics will be with tank and seat back on and ready for new chain and sprockets. I'll be sorting oil cooler and turbo feed lines in the next couple of days.

Iceman
23-10-2006, 02:56 PM
quote:Original post by Rocket
Ice, you're a braver man than me, I'm too scared of lunching a motor to build a bitza turbo system. Over here in the west, there's not much resource to get advice on this sort of thing
I don't have a local shop I can go into and ask for advice or any help either, alls I have available to me is the guys on this site. The info they've given me has been priceless. Having the internet helps alot too but you have to know where to look. Booster has given me a heap of links to check out and they've been very helpful.

I surpose not really giving a fuck as to whether the engine dies helps a little too![:p]

ozkat
23-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Rocket, using boost pressure from the plenum may cause problems with the regulator because of the pulsing caused by the carbs. Try it though, it proberly will work ok. However if you take pressure from further towards the turbo eg; the front 50% of the link pipe you wont have any pulsing problems at all. Just go to Enzed or Pirtek for the oil lines they will make them to suit. I think mine cost me around $250 to suit a TD04 on a 1216. Also what pistons are you using? I used Busa pistons which gave me a compression ratio of 9.5:1 if i remember correctly.

Rocket
23-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up Oz. I do have a nipple on the link pipe so can try that if I have problems.

I called Pirtek today who are just a few doors up from work so they will do the pipework for me.
I'm using WISECO busa pistons too.

Kamakazebusa
23-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Fcuk , nice job.....she'll haul some ass, u'll have to extend that arm soon.....hehehhe

Slingblade
23-10-2006, 08:30 PM
gee that bike is gonna look great rocket. What did the kit set you back, for interests sake?

WATEVR
23-10-2006, 10:09 PM
rocket looks like its coming along just nicely doesnt it suck arse being so close but not being quite there..fucken sweet anyway

BillyWhizz888
23-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Had a peek tonight [:p]

lets hope his next photos dont have my cream still all over it :D

awesome piece of work mate, cant wait to see that baby hit the strip
Yeeeeeeeeeee - farkin - Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

03gixxerpilot
24-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Rocket how much boost are you running and what size turbo are you useing.

Rocket
24-10-2006, 10:12 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/551567600102017.JPG

Not sure of the turbo size, it's a modified mitsubishi with the waste gate added to it.
I'm told 8psi will be plenty but 12psi is possible without hurting too much.
To be honest i don't know what sort of power it;s going to make, but for the money I've put into the little slut, it'd want to be a fucken lot !!

Rocket
24-10-2006, 10:13 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/551567600113590.JPG

Rocket
24-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Dropping it off to get oil lines today.
Need to put new clutch and rear brake lines on, join a couple of wires up and I think it's about ready to go.

Oh yeah, the fork fouls the intercooler mount on right full lock so will take to that with a file, i think it'll be allright then.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/55156760075315.JPG

Booster
24-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Common way to fit the MCXpress intercoolers on the busa is to wack the forks to the lock stops several times... seriously...
I would check for sharp edges if you were to try this .

papa smurf
24-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Nice work Rocket,
Very very nice [:p][:p]

03gixxerpilot
24-10-2006, 01:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by papa smurf

Nice work Rocket,
Very very nice [:p][:p]

:Dtimes two

Rocket
24-10-2006, 02:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

Common way to fit the MCXpress intercoolers on the busa is to wack the forks to the lock stops several times... seriously...
I would check for sharp edges if you were to try this .

Yeah it does have an edge, it's not the actual core that is hitting as that's already preshaped to give the fork clearance. It's where the hanger bracket is that sits over the oil cooler outlet (or inlet). Once I shave that edge down a a bit, it'll be sweet.

crazymofo
24-10-2006, 05:33 PM
fark yeah!!!!, nice work rocket, very very nice!

cheers.joe.

Kamakazebusa
24-10-2006, 07:19 PM
What the fcuks being going on lately......everyones biulding turbos and stuff like it was written on the back of a Kellogs cereal box.

Why aren't these bikes in Rapid mag.....The level of engineering and budget would impress even the most novice rider. Don't be afraid to submit ur pics ppl. I'm sic of seeing R1's and ZX10's turboed because these ppl don't know any better. Therv'e been brought up on the new wave of Motorcycle generation and don't really know what started it all. We need to get the OLD school gixers in the mags.

I can't talk......i biulding a Busa for fcuks sake. At least its 7 years old.....

Rocket
24-10-2006, 08:35 PM
That would be cool.
But how do people get a look in with those magazines ?

EXBEN
24-10-2006, 08:46 PM
quote:Rocket Posted - 24 Oct 2006 : 20:35:06
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That would be cool.
But how do people get a look in with those magazines ?
Send Jeff(From Rapid) an email when the bikes done.

Docktor
24-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Dude , Unfortunately I think you have to suck someone off to get into a mag. I been trying since I was like 17 and I have built some tough stuff (well i think i have LOL). And its a big get fucked from everyone from street machine to god knows who else.

Doc

hooligan
24-10-2006, 11:08 PM
I had mine in perf. streetbike mag a few years ago, just send em an e-mail or summat. Doc, yours is better than mine was when it was in the mag. They don't know what they're missing.

Gix11
24-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Seriously lads, get in touch with Jeff. You can email him from the Rapid Bikes website. I kniow he has a project up his sleeve for which these bikes would be a real bonus so do it now. Without sounding wanky, let him know you're another ASF member as well as he's been doing a few from here recently. http://www.rapidbikes.com.au/home.php - editor@rapidbikes.com.au

Rocket
25-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks Gix, sent mail today so will see how I get on.
Dok, i'm not sure if I want to go that far, maybe if I got on the cover :)

Mine's not that fancy anyway as I still got lots of things that need polishing and cleaning up, looks allright from a distance though ! But I guess an opportunity to get in a mag would inspire me to pull finger on that fiddly shit.

Rocket
25-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Got the following response from Jeff...

Hi Phill – love your work mate! I can have that bike photographed as soon as it is finished mate – let me know when you're done... I'd like to feature it in Rapid for sure.

Jeff.

ummm I guess i'll have to get the fucking thing finished now !!!

Gix11
25-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Told ya. Jeff has a real interest in Streetfighters and modded bikes so he is always looking for new ones. I thought yours would have been in there ages ago Dok.

Docktor
25-10-2006, 02:42 PM
I tell yas if claudia schiffier rings me once more lookin to blow me I'm gunna say yes............ i think jeff has done a few buells over the last few months and the last thing he wants is another tractor takin up valuable mag room. I will give him a shot and see how I get on. Anyone wanna hang a stand on a turbo buell for me ? I am tooo SHIT SCARED. LOL

Doc

Kamakazebusa
25-10-2006, 04:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rocket

Got the following response from Jeff...

Hi Phill – love your work mate! I can have that bike photographed as soon as it is finished mate – let me know when you're done... I'd like to feature it in Rapid for sure.

Jeff.

ummm I guess i'll have to get the fucking thing finished now !!!

Well done Rocket....told u so. U boys don't give urselves nuff credit. I think the true streetfighter nuts in OZ would be thrilled to see OLD SKOOL GIXERS in the mags again....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

crazymofo
25-10-2006, 05:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Kamakazebusa

What the fcuks being going on lately......everyones biulding turbos and stuff like it was written on the back of a Kellogs cereal box.

Why aren't these bikes in Rapid mag.....The level of engineering and budget would impress even the most novice rider. Don't be afraid to submit ur pics ppl. I'm sic of seeing R1's and ZX10's turboed because these ppl don't know any better. Therv'e been brought up on the new wave of Motorcycle generation and don't really know what started it all. We need to get the OLD school gixers in the mags.

I can't talk......i biulding a Busa for fcuks sake. At least its 7 years old.....

im in negotiations with rapid actually to have my teapot in there, jeff seems interested in it. just gotta finish the bastard!!!

cheers.joe.

Kamakazebusa
25-10-2006, 05:52 PM
HAHAHAHAHA.....luv ur work mofo

Rocket
25-10-2006, 05:59 PM
It's all happening for everyone !!

Razorback
30-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Im losing faith in Rapid.... Rapidly....