PDA

View Full Version : MV AGUSTA 1078RR Brutale

Toombsy63
21-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi all, we have a Brutale 1078RR MV Agusta on our floor for the next two weeks as a demonstrator.

Anyone seriously looking to buy one feel free to contact me on 02 43 24 3355 during office hours to check this mofo out.

It is also the one that was test riden for AMCN.

Regards Toombsy

Buggzz
21-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Sidetrack but I notice that fowles have an F4i up for auction tomorrow in Melbourne, if someone is interested in an exotic fighter project.

http://www.manheimfowles.com.au/find_buy/catalogues/catalogue/?unit_key=89081_AU102606071-89081;detail_tab=vinfo;sale_id=89081;rm=view_detai l

bluemk1
21-04-2009, 06:34 PM
if you had a ducati streetfighter i would be interested in a back to back comparison [8D]

scotty
23-04-2009, 07:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Toombsy63

Hi all, we have a Brutale 1078RR We got no Importer so no parts/warranty on our floor that we may die with as a demonstrator.

Anyone seriously looking to be lumbered with/Have the cash to buy and not ride feel free to contact me on 02 43 24 3355 during office hours to check this mofo out.

It is also the one that was test riden for AMCN.

Regards Toombsy
:D

Toombsy63
24-04-2009, 01:56 PM
very good. found funny, but actually feeneys import them so at least they are still around

The Mad One
24-04-2009, 06:51 PM
The MV will hose it :D full stop [8D] I own a B4-RR & when at PI a mate borrowed it(former superbike champ) he came back & all he could say is 'f@ck that thing is ANGRY' [}:)]
Sort the end`s out & it is fast [:X]
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1

if you had a ducati streetfighter i would be interested in a back to back comparison [8D]

bluemk1
24-04-2009, 09:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by The Mad One

The MV will hose it :D full stop [8D] I own a B4-RR & when at PI a mate borrowed it(former superbike champ) he came back & all he could say is 'f@ck that thing is ANGRY' [}:)]
Sort the end`s out & it is fast [:X]
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1

from reading the amcn report im not so sure, cathcart seemed to have a fair bit of praise for them. wonder how they would go in a back to back comparison

dont get me wrong i love the MV as well, just wondering how they compare?

as far as 'factory streetfighters' go i think these 2 are certainly pick of the bunch right now [8D]

The Mad One
25-04-2009, 07:42 AM
I am sure Australian Motor Cycle News will do a test but probably a whole bunch of them.That is what the market(a large one) is crying out for.That is a hint,unless i have once more confussed you.

None the less [8D] they are two very different bikes.The only thing they have in common is they come from Italy & have the best hardware money can buy.But dont let that come into the equation [^] listen to the test riders that GIVE BACK the bikes after they have 'found fault' & remember thats the easiest thing to find :D

bluemk1
25-04-2009, 06:22 PM
ok now you have confused me somewhat [xx(]

are you saying amcn did a test and will do plenty more because they get some sort of kickback from manufacturers or because thats what the bike market wants/needs?

if thats the case your right and i dont dissagree with that entirely, i dont hang off every word that publication prints.

thats why i would want to ride both of them myself [8D]

The Mad One
25-04-2009, 07:18 PM
MK1 ;) you have been offered two situations [:p] (actually 3) me I wood keep it at two.Take mr Toombs` offer to ride such machine [8D]Take my advice [:X] or wait till fat woman has farted & you are none the wiser [?]
My point is my friend :) make your own decision.Please dont wait until some wanker that dont ride like you make your chioce for you ;)
I walked in asked how much [8)] & purchased my stunning B4-RR [:o)]
It`s gorgeous & is as 'Sam Mac' lamented 'psycho'

Full stop [^]

The Mad One
25-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Ahh shit ! I forgot to mention.So I will try & back why the bike is so good [:I]
First service done & I was off to the 09-SBK @ PI.
Plan was: to take the week B4in getting there [:p]
Company was:a mixture of old & not so.
These guy`s are fast ;) ex racer`s & industry bloke`s [:I] including a whole dirt track racing family of 3 generations.
Dad was banned cause has was too fast,first son won mulitple state & nasho`s & second son bashed the shit out ot the 'Staufer`s' for honuor`s [8D]
Me [:X] I just mucked around with 'Gilsey' & 'Mc Coy' in a place called nepean.

Bike`s of mentioned 09 Blade,RSV-R Prilla,B4-RR,FZ`s & other 'thou`s'
We did SO many road`s & had pretty good conditions(mt.bueaty she span the whole)
Now the B4 was very capable,exiting corners more graced than the blade`s [8)]

Rider`s in the group swapped bike`s on our ride. [:I][?]

I F@CK`n loved every metre of it [:o)] you can turn on or turn off your instinct`s on this bike cause it`s a PSYCHO [}:)]

Toombsy63
26-04-2009, 07:33 AM
yep, this bike has heaps of balls. the mid range of the bike is great and im sure the top end is even better. ive had two short rides on this bike and it is definitely one of the best naked bikes available. this bike pumps out 150bhp at rear wheel. put the upgrade on it and it takes it up too 200. so yes you do have a powerpack of a motor in this bike.
my persoanl favs would be the bking, mv agusta, morini corsarro veloce. so take the madone's advice and check it out. you won't be disappointed.