PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Ads

Merlyn
14-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Ok so I saw an Ad today for Proactiv with the stupidest opening line ever...

"Are you frustrated by your face"...

I have to say I cacked myself laughing, but then kinda realised I was frustrated by Jessica Simpson's face....

There are some really stupid Ads out there, and i really hope the Gruen Transfer picks up on this one!

Bear
14-04-2009, 04:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Merlyn

with the stupidest opening line

Don't give in to Americanism and their butchering of the English language! "the most stupid". :)

14-04-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm still seething Myf went to commercial radio (I could have deeper issues as it was so long ago)......yeah I know it has nothing to do with this thread

Merlyn
14-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks Bear, as an english teacher to be i appreciate it, and i will get you back later.

Im pretty pissed about Myf going commercial too, but i never really listened to Triple J in the last 10 years....

gixkat
14-04-2009, 06:28 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMyf lucky she's got great tits or i might not have forgiven her[:p]

zx12argh
14-04-2009, 09:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bear

quote:Originally posted by Merlyn

with the stupidest opening line

Don't give in to Americanism and their butchering of the English language! "the most stupid". :)

Don't give in to Englishism and their butchering of the Australian language! "bloody stupid". :)

336LJ
15-04-2009, 04:37 AM
mmmmmmmmmmyf.. what a rack on that thing..

As fas as stupid ads go. KFC adds are the most fucking braindead peices of shit I have ever seen. I actually get angry about how dumb they are.
Or those ones where they dub some douchfags voice over the top of the real actors (if they can be called that)

This is the only ad worth watching.
http://video.google.com.au/videosearch?q=juiced+ad&hl=en&emb=1&aq=f#

Okay.. now this is a messed up ad...http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=5947258203209581672&ei=KtfkSfjUJIS6wgOT5NS1DQ&q=juiced+ad&hl=en&emb=1

uncle pervy
15-04-2009, 12:15 PM
stupidest ad i saw was this yank one, must be 15 years ago.
yank bloke sitting in a restaurant with 2 ladies gets up and goes to the dunny, when he comes back the 2 ladies are giggling and pointing at the little wet spot on his crotch (toilet tracks).
in the next scene the same bloke, with the same ladies gets up and goes to the dunny again. this time when he comes back he proudly throws his coat open and stands there with his pelvis thrust forward and hands on his hips grinning. the voice over say's "no toilet tracks, cause he wears blah blah brand of pads for men".
which basically tells me yanks don't have the sense to shake their dicks dry.