PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on?

Tony OW31
11-04-2009, 04:24 PM
last 3 months or so I have seen more unmarked cop cars on the roads than marked ones, and lots of expensive imports as well, some with personal plates, then you see some cunt in a uniform on the news saying the police are under resourced[?]
I would have thought that from a road safety point of view a highly visible patrol car traveling with the traffic has a far greater affect than some sneaky fucker with blacked out windows pulling you for a few k's over.
The more visible they are the more people do the right thing.
Cunts.

Bear
11-04-2009, 04:31 PM
So true. Visible presence is very effective and that method is to deter passively. True policing.
Unmarked and hidden creates animosity and a "them againsty us" mentality. It's ambush.

Issues
11-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Unmarked try to encorage a race n book you for it, good for revinue just like speed camera's.

Slain
11-04-2009, 05:48 PM
they are under resourced. the new r35 gtr skyline has hit showroom floors, how else are they gonna street race everyone...

uncle pervy
11-04-2009, 06:16 PM
theres a blue wrx and a black monaro doing the rounds on perth freeways

Jockney Rebel
11-04-2009, 06:40 PM
r36 VDub in sydney
Engine: 3597cc V6 24v petrol, 295bhp @ 6600rpm, 258lb ft @ 2400-5300rpm
Transmission: Six-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox, four-wheel drive
Performance: 5.6sec 0-62mph, 155mph[248kph], 26.9mpg, 249g/km CO2
How heavy / made of? 1689kg/steel

chopaweeza
11-04-2009, 07:06 PM
We went for a ride up the Great Western to Mt Vic and down Bells . Stuff all bikes at the Mt Vic pub and the bar staff were pretty concerned that the bike rider trade had dropped right off after the whole "Bikie" thing started brewing up. Saw no marked cop cars til we hit North Richmond on the way back but did notice alot of cop bikes out . We got tailled twice after Mt Vic by unmarked cars with the second being a big black SUV type thing . Today on the way to work i saw 5 unmarked cars(all flashy XR6's) during the 15km trip and it was a bit of a shock .

suxukifreak
11-04-2009, 07:07 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/958951367550.gif

JackTar
11-04-2009, 07:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Issues

Unmarked try to encorage a race n book you for it, good for revinue just like speed camera's.

I would argue this very rarely happens mate, stay off the weed eh makes you paranoid.

StuNVA
11-04-2009, 07:44 PM
It's about making money.

chopaweeza
11-04-2009, 08:01 PM
An unmarked the followed us from Mt Vic to the Mt Wilson turn off got so close when I was sitting on the speed limit on 2 occasions that we almost touched . I could clearly see in my mirrors that the driver was a uniformed police officer and can only summise that it was an attempt to get me to go over the speed limit for revenue raising . Was more than a bit disturbing as I had my partner on the back and the unmarked was dangerously close on 2 occasions . The latter time I was expecting the hit but thankfully never came . So when I hear about unmarked cars trying to get you to speed so they can book you I'm thinking now that it is in some cases plausible .

Cruisecontrol
11-04-2009, 08:15 PM
My only experience with an unmarked was near my place. A flash looking XR8 came up behind me pretty quick and stuck there close enough for what seemed like a hurry up, or a boy racer keen to see how his car goes against a bike. I didn't bite but he followed me all the way home anyway.
Surprised the shit out of me when he pulled up out the front of my place when I did, got out putting his cap on and marched on over...
Turns out he was a fellow rider and wanted to know what the hell I was riding. Checked my licence anyway (overlooked the ridiculously out of date address and various vehicular illegalities) and stood around for ten or so minutes shooting the shit about modified bikes...

Tony OW31
11-04-2009, 08:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

I would argue this very rarely happens mate, stay off the weed eh makes you paranoid.

Not paranoid, try driving round the gold coast at night in any hot looking car, that might change your attitude a bit.
Anyway my point was that there now seems to be more unmarked cars than there are marked cars, and why do they need to be expensive imports, and why do they need personal plates? is this putting public money to good use, or are the police becoming an arm of the ATO?

Issues
11-04-2009, 08:24 PM

Get real mate, why do the blue need dark tinted unmarked cars sporting personal plates like 355hsv or whatever.

Choppaweeza, I got followed like you and when I pulled over to let them pass, the plain clothed coppers got out and went through me.

There were and proberly still are unmarkeds cruising the area around rocklea to moorooka and mt gravatt to kuraby encouraging street racing. I used to see it all the time when I worked in the area.

The cars had the lights behind the grill and behind the rear headrests, some had those stick on shade screens used for babies over the rear lights.

Tony OW31
11-04-2009, 08:51 PM

Get real mate, why do the blue need dark tinted unmarked cars sporting personal plates like 355hsv or whatever.

Choppaweeza, I got followed like you and when I pulled over to let them pass, the plain clothed coppers got out and went through me.

There were and proberly still are unmarkeds cruising the area around rocklea to moorooka and mt gravatt to kuraby encouraging street racing. I used to see it all the time when I worked in the area.

The cars had the lights behind the grill and behind the rear headrests, some had those stick on shade screens used for babies over the rear lights.

Yeah, I got done by a wrx sti with bling wheels and a big drainpipe exhaust a while ago.
The tint they have is that dark, surely it can't be legal?

ozkat
11-04-2009, 09:02 PM
At least now you know where the proceedes of crime cars go.

bluemk1
11-04-2009, 09:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

At least now you know where the proceedes of crime cars go.

so soon we can expect to get chased down by this? :D

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95895224934394.jpg

ozkat
11-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Dont be silly it doesnt have tinted windows.

Bear
11-04-2009, 10:10 PM
On the way to AFR at around mudnight, I got tailed by an XR falcon of some sort while I was leaving one town on the new england highway. He tail-gated me for a few k's or so and it gave me the shits. I couldn't work out if it was a dickhead civi or a cop.
I was tempted to brake check him but was hesitant because the car looked cop-ish. He eventually turned around pretty quickly and that's when I new that it was a cop. He was pressuring me to either speed-up, pull-over or brake-check. Intimidation.

dingo
11-04-2009, 10:20 PM
we got em up north here too, 4 or 5 different SS commodores, all the extras, personalised plates , and they push you too, new VW's, unmarked 4X4's for roadside cameas, wagons and style sides, signs siting bout 1m in front of the car so you cant see it till its in your rearview mirror, sitting just after blind corners, cars parked up a srteet while they hide behind a tree with the handheld , sneaky fukers up here i tell ya

JackTar
11-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Fuckin coppers eh, wouldn't the country be so much better off without them. (Sarcasm fully intended)

hotmilk
11-04-2009, 11:58 PM
I was riding with some mates about a month ago when an unmarked turbo diesel astra pulled one of the guys up for cutting him off.
One of our friends also got pulled over by an unmarked turbo diesel vw golf/polo down here too. And have seen an unmarked subaru forester before too, and the mrs got pulled over by an unmarked ford territory.

bit of shock coming from bris mid last year where all you really saw at the time was unmarked holdens and fords, to down here where they'll kick around in an unmarked shopping trolley it seems.... well as long as they can tint it :D

Tony OW31
12-04-2009, 12:37 AM

Fuckin coppers eh, wouldn't the country be so much better off without them. (Sarcasm fully intended)

So do you think that unmarked cars pushing people in to breaking the law is a legitimate aid to road safety, or do you think that a higher visible presence would have a far greater effect?

Issues
12-04-2009, 07:27 AM
I'm not saying we don't need the police, but the tactics traffic coppers use now is why no one likes them, not even other departments in the force like them.

Bastard
12-04-2009, 07:30 AM
do you guys have many of the bastards using unmarked bikes over there my local coppers are running an unmarked blackbird camera in the front screen.they also have 3 gsxr 750's and an 06 blade.

zx12argh
12-04-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm certainly not a fan of this tactic but obviously its working. Most people will think these days twice about giving it a squirt around any cars or against any boy racer types so obviously to some degree its working. So if it continues to work then the coppers will keep doing it.

If you are so worried just about being pulled over just ride it like you stole it, the stunt boys at fools run showed you can outrun a cop... on the back wheel ;)

For legal purposes I must state that I do not support these reckless and illegal practises. Everyone on this site should go to the cop shop on monday and hand in their bikes and licenses for the well being of the community.

suxukifreak
12-04-2009, 07:57 AM
So far in QLD there has been 2 bike deaths (no car deaths) over Easter.

Cant wait for the cops responce to that :(

JackTar
12-04-2009, 08:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tony OW31

So do you think that unmarked cars pushing people in to breaking the law is a legitimate aid to road safety, or do you think that a higher visible presence would have a far greater effect?

No I don't think that they are doing the right thing by 'forcing' people to break the law but lets face facts how many of us need help doing that? If they really are that bad pull over, you wait long enough they will get bored and leave.

I do however think that unmarked cars have a far greater effect than marked cars in that hundreds of every-day cars could be and sometimes are police cars therefore making drivers more cautious, a marked car only slows traffic in the immediate vicinity, how many times have you seen cars or you yourself slow down for a fixed speed camera then speed up again as soon as out of range of said camera?

Tony OW31
12-04-2009, 10:01 AM

how many times have you seen cars or you yourself slow down for a fixed speed camera then speed up again as soon as out of range of said camera?

exactly my point, unmarked cars do not make people drive better, when a marked car is in traffic, people do the right thing, look in their mirrors, indicate, take notice of what is around them, don't use their mobile phones, don't fuck around trying to get stuff out of the glovebox etc,etc. if they increased the number of visible police vehicles and just drove around all day in traffic I bet that would have a far greater affect on road safety than having unmarked vehicles.

Tony OW31
12-04-2009, 10:06 AM

If they really are that bad pull over, you wait long enough they will get bored and leave.

Tried that, all it does is get you hassled, "what you stopping for?" where are you going , let's see your licence, those mirrors arn't legal blah fuckin blah. And why the fuck should I have to? fmd It aint a police state(yet) they are supposed to be working for us, not against us.

Cruisecontrol
12-04-2009, 10:37 AM

I do however think that unmarked cars have a far greater effect than marked cars in that hundreds of every-day cars could be and sometimes are police cars therefore making drivers more cautious, a marked car only slows traffic in the immediate vicinity

There is also this excellent point.

davio
12-04-2009, 11:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

r36 VDub in sydney
Engine: 3597cc V6 24v petrol, 295bhp @ 6600rpm, 258lb ft @ 2400-5300rpm
Transmission: Six-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox, four-wheel drive
Performance: 5.6sec 0-62mph, 155mph[248kph], 26.9mpg, 249g/km CO2
How heavy / made of? 1689kg/steel

oldskool just came in his pants

Bear
12-04-2009, 02:22 PM
I think both unmarked and marked cars work but this intimidation crap is negative on all fronts.

I originally come from NTH QLD when old Jo Bejelke Peterson was in and it was labelled a police state. I remember when I first got my licence that there seemed to be a cop car in every suburb. That fact alone I reckon saved me from losing my licence because I always thought that there was a high risk of getting caught.
And the times when I did get pulled over, I never had an attitude problem from them. Maybe I was fortunate.
Years of wisedom-with-experience have convinced me that their mere presence was a good deterent. Prevent rather than catch out.

Now, living in Shitney (not really by choice, I'd like to add) I can ride for days to and from work without seeing any police and the traffic behaviour also supports that - driving while on mobile phones (mostly women!), running red lights etc. all suggesting that people are not afraid to break the law because there's a low risk of getting caught.
The amount of times I see people blatantly run red lights is amazing and I've been the hit victim of one!
I'm no angel either - I "play the ref" like most others but that's because I doubt the risk of getting caught.

I'd just like to "see" more of a police presence because I think it'd have a positive impact. But then I assume that this comes back to our State Government financing, or lack of it.

JackTar
12-04-2009, 02:28 PM

how many times have you seen cars or you yourself slow down for a fixed speed camera then speed up again as soon as out of range of said camera?

unmarked cars do not make people drive better, when a marked car is in traffic, people do the right thing, look in their mirrors, indicate, take notice of what is around them, don't use their mobile phones, don't fuck around trying to get stuff out of the glovebox etc,etc. if they increased the number of visible police vehicles and just drove around all day in traffic I bet that would have a far greater affect on road safety than having unmarked vehicles.

So correct me if I am wrong but you are basically saying that you are happy for people to only do the right thing when they 'know' there is a cop nearby?

So what we should do is get a marked police car for every driver on the road and everything will be beer and skittles eh.

All said and done haven't you got a much better chance getting caught doing all of the stupid things you mentioned by an unmarked car because 'be fucked I didn't see that' as opposed to 'hmm copper better not make that call till he drives past'.

Tony OW31
12-04-2009, 02:53 PM
quote:

So correct me if I am wrong but you are basically saying that you are happy for people to only do the right thing when they 'know' there is a cop nearby?

So what we should do is get a marked police car for every driver on the road and everything will be beer and skittles eh.

All said and done haven't you got a much better chance getting caught doing all of the stupid things you mentioned by an unmarked car because 'be fucked I didn't see that' as opposed to 'hmm copper better not make that call till he drives past'.

No, that is not what I am advocating. How about a real life example. I've been in Aus 13 yr, in this time I have been involved in 5 multi- vehicle accidents, 4 of which happened when I was stationary. One of these accidents broke my back, I had 17hrs of back surgery over 2 operations, and was pretty close to being paralysed. The guy hit me whilst I was stopped at a red light because he was fucking about in his glove box. Do you think that if an unmarked car was in close proximity at the time it would have made any difference? no it wouldn't have. Do you think that if a marked car was in close proximity it would have made a difference? highly likely I would have thought.
The first thing he said to me when he got out of his car was "shit, thats the second time I've done that" The police did not prosecute him.
I was thinking all this a few weeks ago when I was saying yes sir no sir three fuckin bags full sir as the cop in the unmarked car was prosecuting me for having a fender eliminator. the same cop who went round a roundabout the wrong way and did a handbrake turn in front of me because he thought I was doing a runner.
People will never do the right thing until they are trained to drive properly, and unmarked cars will not change this, whereas a visible presence at least keeps them doing the right thing some of the time.

JackTar
12-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Look Tony I am sorry that all of this shit happened to you and I don't wish to make light of it however even if all of the unmarked cars were in fact marked cars what are the chances one of them would have been there at that exact time? All I am saying is that if all cop cars were marked then I would only be concerned when marked cars were around but as it is I slow right the fuck down whenever I see a clean new model falcon or commodore.

zx12argh
12-04-2009, 06:38 PM
I've been thinking for ages there should be a voluntary system where you can fit a speed camera to your own personal car that snaps anyone who overtakes you. You could use GPS etc to pin point location and speed - wouldn't be that hard to work out.

But then again sometimes I'm a cunt :D

Tony OW31
12-04-2009, 07:29 PM

Look Tony I am sorry that all of this shit happened to you and I don't wish to make light of it however even if all of the unmarked cars were in fact marked cars what are the chances one of them would have been there at that exact time? All I am saying is that if all cop cars were marked then I would only be concerned when marked cars were around but as it is I slow right the fuck down whenever I see a clean new model falcon or commodore.

Lol, you would be fucked round here then, I don't think they use falcons and commodores anymore, just flash imports:) Personally i slow the fuck down when i see anything with a tint that dark you can't see the occupants.

Lucas
12-04-2009, 08:27 PM
You lot need to try driving in Canberra. Marked cars usually sit 10-15 km above the speed limit and normally the rest of the traffic follows suit too. I'm usually more on the lookout for unmarked cars as you have no idea where the sneaky fuckers are sitting, and as I'm sure is happening in other states they are poping up in pretty unexpected cars

Tony OW31
12-04-2009, 08:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

I've been thinking for ages there should be a voluntary system where you can fit a speed camera to your own personal car that snaps anyone who overtakes you. You could use GPS etc to pin point location and speed - wouldn't be that hard to work out.

LOL imagine the sort of people that would sign up for that, they would all end up being dragged through the windows of their cars by the hair and kicked to fuck on the side of the road.

papa smurf
12-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I'd like a helmet cam setup so that i could take pictures of all the stupid cunts on there phones.
One day a couple of weeks ago i actually counted 27 different cases in a 40 minute trip home from work.:(:(

Jockney Rebel
12-04-2009, 10:25 PM
lo rick "vases" didnt know u were into flowers that much mate

JackTar
12-04-2009, 10:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Lucas

You lot need to try driving in Canberra. Marked cars usually sit 10-15 km above the speed limit and normally the rest of the traffic follows suit too. I'm usually more on the lookout for unmarked cars as you have no idea where the sneaky fuckers are sitting, and as I'm sure is happening in other states they are poping up in pretty unexpected cars

I AM in Canberra Lucas and I am too busy watching the other drivers to worry about the cops, cunts in this <s>state</s> shit-hole couldn't drive a greasy pole up a dogs arse.

Lucas
13-04-2009, 10:08 AM
I know you're in Canberra Jacktar, don't you live in a suburb named after some GAY SAILOR:D

You're fucking spot on about driving here though. I think the main problem is that the roads are so fucking good people pretty much close their eyes and cruise along. That and most people are so used to not having any traffic around them they think that they can just do what they want. As soon as there is 5 or more cars on the road they start shitting themselves about being in "heavy" traffic and forget how to breathe and drive at the same time.

Nudie
13-04-2009, 05:07 PM

A cockhead near here went and got himself a hand held radar, because he was always whining about traffic speeding past his house and he thought he could prove it. His biggest beef was coal trucks, the owner of the trucks voluntarily supplied GPS logging of all the trucks used on that run for the last month and the fastest truck was recorded as doing 51kph (it's a 60kph zone and the trucks had a self imposed 50khp limit).
He was always popping out between cars trying to scare people with his radar, until, he popped out too far and got fucking creamed by a car!
Haven't seen or heard of him since, but apparently on nice days they wheel him out on to the porch to watch the world speed by.

Merlyn
13-04-2009, 05:34 PM
I saw 3 undercover D cars, 2 marked highway patrol, and 1 local cop on the way from Sydney to Singleton. The most I saw though was at a crash 10minutes from my place 7 marked cars...

Perhaps its the state youre in?

zx12argh
13-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Came back from toowoomba to brisbane this morning. Saw one speed camera and one cop car. Not much of a presence today.

papa smurf
13-04-2009, 06:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

lo rick "vases" didnt know u were into flowers that much mate

Actually Jim I LOVE flowers.[:X]
Fixed it now.;)

ozzy1100
13-04-2009, 06:53 PM

Came back from toowoomba to brisbane this morning. Saw one speed camera and one cop car. Not much of a presence today.

lol you must not have been looking when u pasted my place pete
here at blacksoil the fuckers been out in force all long weekend but than again they allways are lol they love brisbane bond suckers over the rise

JackTar
13-04-2009, 07:49 PM
I just went from Canberra to Syd and back, I saw half a dozen marked cars and no less than four cars get pulled over. It never ceases to amaze me that people still speed on the highway near Goulburn let alone on a double demerit points weekend.

Weaselman
13-04-2009, 07:52 PM
yeah jim... stu... rosco...

Merlyn
13-04-2009, 08:11 PM

beer and skittles eh.

mmmmm Skittlebrau

Jockney Rebel
13-04-2009, 09:29 PM
ok ok i have an excuse im...... daft