PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Dave

Katana Dave
10-04-2009, 03:30 PM
New to the site so thought I should say hi.

Have had a stock 81 GS650 Katana for 15 yrs, and added an 84 750 Katana tot he garage (carport really) 2 years ago.

The 750 is my project bike after starting to customise found space limiting and lack of time following seperation, so decided to get Mike from OCD Racing to assist.

Have changed the swingarm and forks to GSXR, as well as changing the seat to a CBR600. Picked up an 813 kit for the engine.

Hopefully all will be completed by end of June.

Cheers

Dave

Iceman
10-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Welcome Dave. We needs pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

latheboy
10-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Welcome Dave, listen to Iceman....

oldskool
10-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Welcome , You have your bike at Orange County Ducati ? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You sick twisted fucker!!!!!!!

Katana Dave
10-04-2009, 03:57 PM
This is the original bike as I bought it 2 yrs ago.

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/TheresaandDave/Bike/PICT0026.jpg

Mocking up with the CBR seat and GSXR bits

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/TheresaandDave/Bike/img045.jpg

Just wish that things hadn't stalled at OCD Racing, as this was more than a year ago and hard to get answers where we are at now.

The bike that gave me the ideas

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/TheresaandDave/Bike/final1.jpg

Iceman
10-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm lov'n the concept. Lines are very important though, you gotta keep the flow going. Your tail position looks pretty good, the other bike seems a little low IMO. Keep up the good work Dave.

Tony OW31
10-04-2009, 04:40 PM
More than a year ago[:0], hard to get answers to where its at now? fmd, can't you just rock up and see what's going on?

Katana Dave
10-04-2009, 04:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by oldskool

Welcome , You have your bike at Orange County Ducati ? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oldskool maybe it is over in Orange County now, as I have not seen it for a while and getting all sorts of stories from OCD Racing as to when it will be back from the paint shop. It has been almost a year now, and if no news in 2 weeks, demanding to pick up everything no matter where it is.

Katana Dave
10-04-2009, 04:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony OW31

More than a year ago[:0], hard to get answers to where its at now? fmd, can't you just rock up and see what's going on?

Tony, when I rock up, can't seem to get answers, only excuses.
paint wasn't even.....
powder coating didn't take to the welds....

It is time to demand all back, and I will be there in 2 weeks to collect as this is when I can get the time.

oldskool
10-04-2009, 04:48 PM
mate have a talk to bike craft for ya paint, if you need build help let me know I have a good shed and am an malty award winning fighter builder. ( Oh that felt good )

timbo
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM
^^^^^^^modest isn't he^^^^^^^^^
welcome Dave

Katana Dave
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Cheers Oldskool, once I get it all back I will be able to work out where I go from here.
What area are you in?

pesh
10-04-2009, 05:26 PM
F4i tail section hey , =D gota love the ol f4i ha ha haha

nice work m8

oldskool
10-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Highett 3190

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
10-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Malty award winning ? Should that be multi ? Or Dual ? Either way, 'kin nice bike mate ! Oh. welcome Dave.

sharky
10-04-2009, 09:35 PM
quote:malty award winning fighter builder.
Yeah but he shared the ASF trophy (only one that REALLY counts) with a Yamaha [}:)]

jakelive
12-04-2009, 11:51 AM
welcome
jake

craig
13-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Welcome. Good luck with the bike mate.

Z Power
13-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Welcome aboard mate:)

Katana Dave
18-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Update....

Called out to pick everything up 2 weeks ago and again nothing.

Claimed that he would have the money to collect by today, so advised him that I would be returning today, to which he agreed. This was also confirmed in writing to him via registered mail. Also in the letter was 2nd hand prices for the parts which are missing, with confirmation that these prices would be deducted from the amount owing if the parts did not so up.

Today nothing, claims that the cheque form other customer won't be cleared till tomorrow, and he will pick up all items on Wednesday morning. Offered to drive him there and pay them cash, but he refused, claiming that the paint had to be buffed and it wouldnt be ready till Wednesday morning.

So Wednesday is when I will be there again, and hopefully this saga can be closed if he produces the painted parts.

The crow
18-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Wow thats nuts. Best of luck with that. I have a past where getting thigs back that was not theres was my job so if you need some advice let me know. Welcome aboard mate.

zrxmick
26-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Oh how bullshyte makes me cry....

One question if I could be so bold.

Who's cheque, was Mike at OCDRacing waiting for clearance on?

I have personally known Mike for way to many years, I've ridden, lived, worked, got maggot faced with, blued with, even shared me tools with. But one thing is, I've never been able to question his integrity towards his customers.
However, I have been able to question the integrity of some of his customers.

Like I said, bullshyte makes me cry.......

KATO ZX7
30-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Interesting.....

Welcome to the madness dave :D

Keep us updated on the progress, i hope everything turns out brilliant.
With that long to do a paintjob, it better be bloody brilliant!

zrxmick
04-06-2009, 03:06 PM
As your not going to answer the question, I will then, shall I.

That would have been your cheque, wouldn't it, not by prior arrangement, as per standard business practice. No just lob and expect your cheque to be accepted.[:o)]

Katana Dave
23-07-2009, 11:27 PM
zrxmick sorry for not replying earlier howver have not been online.

Mike has never had a problem with me paying when he requested.

I did not expect Mike to accept a cheque as final payment and infact had the cash in my pocket every time I have visited Mike this year, however I had asked him to be able to see what I was paying for. This was the reason for offering to drive him to the painters and pay them direct.

Jockney Rebel
24-07-2009, 12:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by oldskool

mate have a talk to bike craft for ya paint, if you need build help let me know I have a good shed and am an malty award winning fighter builder. ( Oh that felt good )
'malty award winner" sounds like some sort of dodgy health drink:Dbtw hiya mate

80s freak
24-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Welcome, had an '85 750 good old bus, Good luck with OCD, starting to hear a few stories not dis-similiar to yours. Hope he pulls though it.