PDA

View Full Version : Repaired writeoff rego

deafwish
21-10-2006, 12:32 PM
G'day all.
I'm seriously considering buying a repaired write off from NSW and having it brought down to Melbourne for me to register and use.
Obviously the bike is currently unregistered.
What I want to know is:
If I get the seller to have a RWC (NSW Blue Slip?)will that be enough for Vic Roads to say whether it's up to standard again for road use?
I don't want to buy it, have it shipped to Melb' and then realise it needs heaps more to make it road worthy.
I'm sure some of you guys have bought a repaired bike from interstate and I'm hoping you can give me some advice on what I should ask the seller to provide me.
Cheers!
Daz.

Cruisecontrol
22-10-2006, 08:19 AM
It will be a waste of time and $$$ to get a blueslip done for it in NSW as Vicroads will do another inspection whether it is registered or not.

Hillsy
23-10-2006, 08:51 AM
G'Day Deafwish,

This could be a bit tricky. If you get the NSW RWC done, sure that will tell you it's roadworthy, BUT, if the bike is un-registered and still on the write-off list, you will have to have it RWC'd and assessed in VIC before rego - which means you will also need to produce receipts for all repair parts / work. If the seller has these and they are legit, then you will probably be OK (check with VIC Transport).

deafwish
23-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Good work Hillsy.
That's the info I wanted!