PDA

View Full Version : AFR '09 donation

kramdrallim
31-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Have sent a donation via pay pal to help with expenses of running this cool event. $100 is all I can afford.hope you don't mind.

BANDITROD
31-03-2009, 08:19 PM
well done mate its good to see this sort of thing happening ...give yourself a pat on the back

kramdrallim
31-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Don't need a pat on the back. Would just like to see others do the same.If enough do,AFR '10 might be something we can look forward to after this one.

Gix11
31-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey Mark, you're a bloody legend mate! I know you've already bought a ticket and this is further to that, all I can say is thank you sincerely mate. This year I have done as much as I can to make this as good as possible for everyone that attends. I have earned a grand total of $100 dollars this month from my own business because I have had no time to do anything apart from organise this event, including building the AFR website, designing the adverts and getting them ready, getting T-shirts designed, trophies, answering a million emails and phones calls etc, etc, the list goes on, add to that the fact that the current bill is $70k and I have had around $250 actual cash sponsorship (but a shed load of help from some fucking top Aussie guys that want to help this event and make it what it should be) and you get an idea of where I'm at. I'm taking one hell of a risk with this event this year to try and get some sponsors attention and I may come out the other side considerably out of pocket, but blokes like you make it worth my while mate. I'm happy to risk it for blokes that appreciate what I am doing. Cheers Mark and again, you're a bloody champion mate.

stu
31-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Mark, that's a great idea. I have just sent a pay pal donation the same. I haven't been here long but have already found this site to be such a great resource. I can't go to AFR 09 but really would like get to AFR 10 so I hope this helps to makes that happen.

Gix11
31-03-2009, 10:44 PM
And again! Thanks heaps Stu, I really appreciate it mate. Hopefully we can impress potential sponsors with this year's AFR effort and this won't be necessary again.

Thanks guys, it really means a lot to me to think that all the effort is appreciated.

Iceman
31-03-2009, 11:16 PM
I heard Scotty paid for the liquor licence himself too, so make sure you thank him when you all get a beer.

davio
01-04-2009, 05:15 PM
i like ur thinkin kram , just sent my $100, now come on boys and girls i think this is a far better way to show how much we all appreciate what si has done for us all,, even if its only five bucks ,im sure it will make the big feller get all teary and keep workin like a dog on our behalf

kramdrallim
01-04-2009, 11:11 PM
You know you need to, you know you want to,you can feeeeel the urge a coursin' through your veins, you knows what you gots to do,only by reachin' deep,deeper than ya ever have before,into your pockets ,into your wallets,into your checkbooks your piggy banks,your reeetirement savins can you freeeee your soul from the darknesssss, that is the world, in which you have not,given of yourself, for the salvation of those whom have given all, in the name of the A F RRRRrrr !!!!!!!!!!!

davio
03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
mmmm well its seems they cant kram, although im tempted to give $20000 after that motivational speech,,:) ANYWAY PEOPLE ILL MAKE ANOTHER POINT,there is not a person here who hasnt wasted money they could not afford on their bike ,and im sure we all know of that club/commitee/school group member who has cracked the shits after 3yrs of hard work unappreciated and left a big hole in fabric of the group they slaved for,,,,,,., are u goin to do the work si does?,,,,, yer thought so,nor would i ,im too lazy,,, now open ur wallet (5 bucks min)

kramdrallim
06-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Even with the big event now over, I'm positive a little cash injection would help no matter how small. C'mon people, shake the moths and dust out of your wallets/purses,and dig down for a note or two.....

davio
08-04-2009, 07:29 PM
cmon people, read all of the "afr thanks si" thread ,then do what u can

dingo
08-04-2009, 08:00 PM
looks like you all had an awsome time at AFR09, thanks to all that posted some of the goings on. soon as i get a few $$ i shall kick some your way Si , it wont be much but this site has been full of very helpfull advise, given me heaps of laughs, and new friends. look forward to meeting most of you(some i wonder about, they just scare me;)), nah, hope to meet you all one day:)

Gix11
13-04-2009, 10:40 AM
A lot of people have contacted me and asked how the event went as far as funding etc is concerned, so here's the final outcome.

The weather was absolutely shit, and shit weather plus bikes do not mix. Thanks to this and the fact that we targetted a wide area audience (as well as being given dud information on which news papers to advertise in) meant the turn out was a lot less than we needed, ... a lot less. The final figure that needs to come out of my pocket is $39,000 which I am going to grin and bear without complaint as I knew the risk I was taking. This does however mean that I cannot do the same thing again so unless we have sponsorship for next year's event then I'm afraid I cannot commit to the AFR event as you have all come to know it. I do have a lot of support from the guys that attended who are willing to do their best to make next year happen and I'm definitely not writing it off, but at least here I have answered the question that everyone keeps asking.

Again I'd like to thank everyone who battled the weather to attend this year's AFR and make it the great event it was.

RED ZX
13-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Damn thats bad news mate.

I am really hoping that as a community we can all pull together and still get this done again next year. And as you said some sponsorship would go a long way.

kramdrallim
28-04-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't think we should pin our hopes on sponsorship. You only have to look at the amount of sponsorship motorcycle racers/racing gets in this country to see that it's slim pickings. It would be really cool if we could get this years debt out of the way for Si and start organising donations,raffles,whatthefuckever to try to pay for next years AFR up front.Or, at least get it paid up to a point where we can be certain that the event will cover the rest. We have a year to gather the cash,if we manage to gather enough to roll the dice for a bigger and baadder event next year,Si will be able to show potential sponsors a genuine amount of interest already generated in said event by (X) amount of people, willing to put up (x) amount of dollars,and maybe persuade said potential sponsors to come aboard to reach that (x) amount of potential publicity.I reckon that if the AFR gets big enough and becomes a "guaranteed it's going to happen rain or shine" type event,businesses wil soon be falling over each other for naming rights etc.etc. blah blah blah .... but first things first ,to pay for '09.....

Gix11
29-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Hey Mark, did you read this?: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15201

I only point it out as if you read my post you will see you now have 2 tickets in it. Thought I best just tell you in case you wonder what's going on if you win.

kramdrallim
29-04-2009, 09:13 PM
yeh I did ,thanx,but I'll still wonder what's going on if I win 'cause I never win anything good ha ha!! anyhow,just to be an abnoxious fucker and make sure that there is 1 less ticket out there that isn't mine,you will see in there that I have claimed another!I'll get more as I can afford them untill all are sold. Cheers.

LKC73
29-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Si, I would like to know if I can spread this across another forum I am on? I know most of the guys I ride with like the idea of streetfighters and modded up bikes in general. So with your blessing, can I link it up to other forum? Or is this ment to be in house forum type thing?

Gix11
29-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Luke, feel free! Any money that comes in will all go towards the AFR next year if I can get back on my feet anyway, and if we can get people interested in modifying bikes more than just bolting on a new exhaust can in the process, then all the better! Cheers for the idea mate.