PDA

View Full Version : Beast Is not here to fight... ok maybe i am

Beast
31-03-2009, 10:25 AM
G'day all. I thought it was time to stick my head in over here.
I bought a gsx1400 a few years ago (yes i know it is an old bastards bike) but after i tried to sell it with out any luck, i've decided to turn it into something i really want. So now i need to go and buy back all the nice bits an pieces i sold off, but i have run into a problem.. some how i've ended up with a turbo..... so i guess it is time to let the games begin :D. As i have been shunned by the usual crowd i hang with it is time to seek out those who share that similar crazy glint in the eye. i hope i have come to the right place.

BANDITROD
31-03-2009, 10:40 AM
you are def in the right place mate welcome to the nuthouse

timbo
31-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Welcome mate turbos are coooool

RED ZX
31-03-2009, 11:16 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmm.... boost!!!

I like boost.

Welcome mate, look forward to seeing the monster of a bike I am sure will come of this.

latheboy
31-03-2009, 11:54 AM
How many times do you hear this.....
Why would you want to change a motorcycle from standard?
You should just put it back to standard and not do anything fun to it, also only ride it to the cafe down the street and back

Welcome ;):D

Benz
31-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Welcome Beast.
Shunned?? You'll fit in well here then........!!

Beast
31-03-2009, 01:37 PM
so this is what i'm starting with
http://www.k12r.info/gallery/d/795-2/IMG_0374.jpg

it had a little drop out on stalbans road last decemeber afer a lady an a 80 series decided she wanted a closer look at the bike. No major damage but it is only return to my garage this week hopefully.

there suzukifreaks old rims, befor he put the galespeeds on and some bastard nicked it :(

i'm not out to call it something it is not, and a street fighter is most certainly is not.

the rough list so far is
suspension work
turbo
ditching the rear guard
i'm going to get tingate to knock up some clipons
rear sets (possibly remount the stock jobbies to start with)
and all the painting and polishing in between.

it is a lamo bike in comparison
but i work slow..lol

WATEVR
31-03-2009, 02:59 PM
for old mans bike it sure does look uncomfy to ride, you sure are going to remount those rear sets to get them up near your feet......

hahaha, c'mon get that bloody turbo on it it has been in the shed for a week!!

suxukifreak
31-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Welcome Beast, nice rims [:p]

I see your still having trouble sitting down [:0]

There seems to be a couple of turbo 14s floating around now.

Dont worry about your old donthaveaclue friends,
you will spend the rest of your life on here ;)

sharky
31-03-2009, 04:18 PM
quote:I bought a gsx1400 a few years ago (yes i know it is an old bastards bike)
Welcome mate...you've just made my day...;)

KATO ZX7
31-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Hellllooooo Beast

Welcome to the madness [}:)]

davio
31-03-2009, 06:45 PM
a mate of suzifreaks with a spare turbo and a 1400,,,,,,mmmm im sorry mate u have just caught the streetfighter virus ,,welcome to the best years of ur life, just dont tell ur wallet ,

Gix11
31-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Welcome aboard mate. You up here in SE QLD as well? Coming to AFR to get some inspiration and stretch her legs?

Harry
31-03-2009, 09:01 PM
wat an intro....welcome mate.
geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz you make that bike look small :D

BillyWhizz888
31-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome [8D]

Beast
01-04-2009, 08:15 AM
No i'm a New South Welshman. on the central coast. I'd love the head up to ASF but a. i'm not cool enough, and b. i've got a week of riding in the snowies booked in, on the other toy.
I'm a bit embarrassed to own up to what my other bike is as i'm sure there is a flaming on the way. In fact i might save that for later. no need to judge me this early on...lol

hehe i make most thing look small. It is funny when people give you shit for buying big bikes "what do you want a big bike like that for" then see you ride off on it and say "shit he makes that thing look small"...lol

The Mad One
01-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey Beast:) you dont happen to have a 1098 & stay at the Omeo pub usually [?] There is also a question about your history on a particular road [8D] if you do [:0] I`m close arnt` I [^]
Yup,regular member`s in this asylumn [}:)]when regular folk`s(that were tennis shoe`s)look into thier eye`s normally see nufin [|)]
R U confuzzed :D
wHellcome [:o)]

Beast
01-04-2009, 04:05 PM
confusion is a state of mind i'm a custom to. But no, no 1098.
i wish i got to frequent omeo more often.. however i'm actually booked into the blue duck just up road next week.

Z Power
01-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Welcome aboard beast

stu
01-04-2009, 10:04 PM
G'day Beast, turbo GSX1400 - that should pull like a....... (insert favourite proverbial saying here).

CBRRRT
02-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Beast man! you make that bike look tiny, you must be a proper wopper matey. Wanna be friends??

Harry
02-04-2009, 04:15 PM
So wat's the other bike mate...harly...vespa...ct110 dont be shy :)
quote:Originally posted by Beast

No i'm a New South Welshman. on the central coast. I'd love the head up to ASF but a. i'm not cool enough, and b. i've got a week of riding in the snowies booked in, on the other toy.
I'm a bit embarrassed to own up to what my other bike is as i'm sure there is a flaming on the way. In fact i might save that for later. no need to judge me this early on...lol

hehe i make most thing look small. It is funny when people give you shit for buying big bikes "what do you want a big bike like that for" then see you ride off on it and say "shit he makes that thing look small"...lol

lurch
02-04-2009, 05:02 PM
quote:hehe i make most thing look small. It is funny when people give you shit for buying big bikes "what do you want a big bike like that for" then see you ride off on it and say "shit he makes that thing look small"...lol

Welcome aboard.

We larger chaps have no option but to buy a big bore, though I once owned a CBR250RR and a Kawasaki KH100 :D.

davio
02-04-2009, 05:10 PM
i bet ur a dirty chookie rider ,, of course seeing as ur 9'6" ill add that its a very noble sport

Beast
03-04-2009, 07:38 AM
lol.. i've got and xt600 in the shed... no harleys, but my main ride is a K12R wich was bought to replace the 14, only probelm is i havn't been able to sell the 14.. damn ;)

and lurch... Big Bore all the way... ohooo ohoho oh

Still Scrapin
02-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey Beast
Im new to ASF as well.
Mate go the mighty 14teens.
I also own one and I may be an old bloke to some but I have one hell of a time ringing its neck when I dont have the missus on the back. When the missus is on the back its bloody comfortable I put heaps of kays on her at every chance I have.:D (the bike that is)

AK47
03-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Welcome, nice bike!