PDA

View Full Version : Droppin it down abit? maybe a Noobish question

BOHEMION
19-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Hey fellas - Getting the confidence back on the Z after my slide and am now finding the front gets abit skatty on me. At Evans Head I was hearing Joe and Davo talking about dropping the tripples down abit, but was too busy chuggin beer at that time.

Would droppin the front down 15mm (maybe more?)through the forks be worth while until I can find myself a USD conversion? Would this get the weight back on the front abit more or can this cause more problems?

Cheers

BOH

BOHEMION
19-10-2006, 08:20 PM
If its any help to how far to drop it I'm 175cm and 87kg

sharky
19-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Do you want a video ?

19-10-2006, 08:47 PM
mateeee,15mm is abig drop,start at 5mm and go from there.When tuning suspension its best to go a little bit at a time,otherwise you will easily miss the right setting.If you need to drop the front 15mm then dont go any further,but instead raise the rear preload slowly.Its a difficult question to answer without riding the bike mate,so its best off tryin different stuff yaself. Personally my bike handles heaps better when i run 15mls less fork oil (5w)than standard.I discovered this thru leakin fork seals many year ago.Cartridge forx can be a real anal pain

BOHEMION
19-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Cheers mate - Will Start trial and error tomoz!!!

BOHEMION
19-10-2006, 08:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Do you want a video ?

STOP SCREAMING AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:p]

Large
19-10-2006, 08:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

Do you want a video ?

STOP SCREAMING AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:p]

That's pretty funny when taken in context with your sig:D

papa smurf
19-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Hey Bo,
If you need hand with any of it give me a shout, i've had a bit ofexperience with this stuff ;)

chadams
19-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi Bo, I have a z750 too, I'm about 85kg.. the rear spring in the z750 is a 10kg which is a little to much and cause the front end to dive as the front springs are like .8 which is way to soft.
I changed mine to .9 which is way better, but I still have to do the oil. I have no intention keeping the front end as I hate the twin pot calipers. But if you are going to keep the front end get some gold valve emulators, .9 or .95 springs and then play with some different weight springs. for the rear run a 9 or 9.5 spring and a zx636 shock(alot better then stock)

Currently my funds are being all poured into the motoplast build up, but once thats done I'll finish off the z750 and my dr250..

sharky
19-10-2006, 11:03 PM
I AM NOT SHOUTING !![u]</u>;)
I take it you don't want them ?

BOHEMION
20-10-2006, 01:38 AM

I AM NOT SHOUTING !![u]</u>;)
I take it you don't want them ?

SOrry Was being a smart arse

hehe nah mate what ever gives me a better understanding of my bike mate - That reminds me about those young ones copies - SOrry mate! still avail?[V]

BOHEMION
20-10-2006, 01:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by papa smurf

Hey Bo,
If you need hand with any of it give me a shout, i've had a bit ofexperience with this stuff ;)

Again mate any light you may be able to shed on setting up suspension is well appreciated. Cheers mate

BOHEMION
20-10-2006, 01:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by chadams

Hi Bo, I have a z750 too, I'm about 85kg.. the rear spring in the z750 is a 10kg which is a little to much and cause the front end to dive as the front springs are like .8 which is way to soft.
I changed mine to .9 which is way better, but I still have to do the oil. I have no intention keeping the front end as I hate the twin pot calipers. But if you are going to keep the front end get some gold valve emulators, .9 or .95 springs and then play with some different weight springs. for the rear run a 9 or 9.5 spring and a zx636 shock(alot better then stock)

Choice advice mate! cheers!

sharky
20-10-2006, 06:41 AM
Yep, Still available Boh....

Matt
20-10-2006, 07:41 AM
I am gonna go see the guy that did Tanya's forks (from BB). She is wrapped in it. I take it yours only has adjustments in one fork leg like mine? He modifies it so that there is two identical fork legs (shouldn't they come standard like this?) and resprings it for what you want. I will let you know how it goes, could be a few weeks yet though.

Gix11
20-10-2006, 09:24 AM
There goes me videos.......