PDA

View Full Version : Indicator Distance?

ikon
30-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Hey Guys,

On the final legs of my Streetfighter project. Although i managed to get a roadworthy he did turn a bit of a blind eye to the indicators. Now that it has to go for a vcheck written off vehicle thing, i figured its better to be safe then sorry as it will cost me $350

I have got a set of the genuine indicators, but because of no longer having fairing im not exactly sure how far a part they are meant to be.

Does anyone know of the distance between the indicators for both the front and reads ?

I tried searching the forum / google but didnt find much.

Cheers Guys !

Fight_fan
30-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Pretty sure its supposed be either 6 or 8 inches mate! That said as long as u can fit a number plate between em on the back n they r either side of ur headlight u should b sweet hey!

Fish
30-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Which state are you in mate? Cause they vary depending. I think in QLD they have to be 300mm apart from memory. Also post up a build thread in the your ride section so we can all have a drool.

BANDITROD
30-03-2009, 02:16 PM
in vic its 220mm apart mate

chopaweeza
30-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Now , in the ADR's it is 300mm last time i had a hard look at them but as the new cop bikes had 220mm spacing on the rear they altered it as someone successfully challenged a defect on his bike issued by a bike riding cop for Blinkers quoting that the cop's Honda blinkers were closer together than his so the judge cracked the shits at the cops for having an un-roadworthy vehicle and threw it out. To avoid any further legal challenges they quickly had the ADR amended in those states affected . LED's used to be illegal as tail lights & blinkers until a Suzuki dual sport model the cops were using to chase people in the parks came out with them and some smarty challenged it to get a fine overturned . Same deal.

ikon
30-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Cheers guys. Ill give 300mm a go. I'm in QLD but it would seem strange to have it differ from state to state. As im sure Bike manufactures couldnt justify changing a design for each state.

I'll do a post up when im done. No point starting now and im soo close to the end !!

barknmad
31-03-2009, 06:29 AM
http://www.comlaw.gov.au/comlaw/Legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/AF8A06CAA4C93373CA2570D0007C46F6?OpenDocument

This is the apropriate ADR for indicating devices page 26 I think(?)...8^)