PDA

View Full Version : Ebay scamming fucksticks

Elapid
27-03-2009, 09:48 PM
G'day,

A while ago I had a Capri on here for sale with Jesus on the dif. Well yesterday I had a mate put in on ebay for me(I'm computer illiterate- as technical as I get is using the toaster and emailing)and within a few hours I had a bloke email me wanting to buy it for $500 more than the buy it now price(dumb dumb me thinks" Yahfuckinghoo", anyway, he sends a couple of emails saying he's a marine engineer and he's buying it for his dad in Darwin. My wife sets up a paypal acc. and send him the details to pay into and he replies a few moments later saying funds ar transfered, check my paypal acc. and the $$$ should be in there. I open up the email from paypal and all good, says money is in there, and he's thrown in another $850-00 to pay the transport mob via a western union. The paypal email stated that I have to pay the western union mob before the rest of the funds can be released to me. Then I receive another email from a chap with the exact same story (marine engineer, at sea, buying it for dad) but he'll pay more than the other twat. With that email I got my wife to have a look and she noticed that the paypal email wasn't actually from paypal, it was sent on behalf of paypal by some other mob.

This is the first time I'd ever used ebay/paypal. At the moment my bank acounts are frozen and no money has been taken.

Is there anyway I can find out where these cunts are from? The email addresses are- Daniel Murgh (dannymurgh@hotmail.com)
and Bryan Dever (missynighty@hotmail.com)

Paypal has been informed and ebay will be in the morning.

Cheers,

Kris.

RUSS M8
27-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Whoa! Not nice, don't like your chances of tracking them down... Sounds like you still have the Capri and the cash - make sure it stays that way!

Elapid
27-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Yeah, still hve the capri and the cash. Fuckwit scumbag inbreds. The emails were in broken english. Bloody marine engineers- can't trust them. :|

Bear
28-03-2009, 01:06 AM
These b'stards are into internet dating scams aswell, I've discovered. Avoid anything to do with Western Union Bank. It seems that's their bank of choice for whatever reason.

Apparantly they create a dating profile with a false picture (naturally of a very attractive female), lure you off-site to chat then butter you up by pretending to be a refugee in Isreal or somewhere war-torn like that, where they have lost their family and need money to get out of the refuge camp. They then ask for you to transfer money to Western Union and it's all down-hill from there.

Surt
28-03-2009, 01:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bear

These b'stards are into internet dating scams aswell, I've discovered. Avoid anything to do with Western Union Bank. It seems that's their bank of choice for whatever reason.

Apparantly they create a dating profile with a false picture (naturally of a very attractive female), lure you off-site to chat then butter you up by pretending to be a refugee in Isreal or somewhere war-torn like that, where they have lost their family and need money to get out of the refuge camp. They then ask for you to transfer money to Western Union and it's all down-hill from there.

yeah, they r usin' the w.u., coz once money's sent, u can't refund them in no way, unlike the paypal... beware of russian cuties bear! never send no money for any reason, they r a 100% fake! [}:)]

Large
28-03-2009, 06:26 AM
It says on every eGay page that eGay prohibits the use of instant money transfers like Western Union. Ignore that at your own risk

You'll never find out who they are, and they could easily be the same cunt thinking you've fallen for the scam, and trying to get more money from you.

NNNGary
28-03-2009, 07:29 AM
I had a similar experience with the trading post.

a couple of us were looking for a new bike each, there was a '05 Gixxer heaps cheap (too good to be true kind of thing) and the same thing for a R1, but the contact details were an email address posted as an image for the 2 diff bikes similar posts, so we both emailed the diff addresses, but we got identical responses "just got divorced and i got the bike but don't know how to ride so the bike is going cheap blah blah blah" all in broken shit ingrish. the bike is in darwin so it can't be inspected but will ship anywhere in oz if you pay now.

HOS
28-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Murgh is Indian language for chicken.

Yep chicken shit ! :D

El_Hefty
28-03-2009, 08:34 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/images/353391/0_61_031808_scam.jpg

every chance this is a pic of your scammer......

Iceman
28-03-2009, 08:37 AM
I remember reading a similar thing that happened in the states, some dude sold his skyline to an overseas bidder, they paid extra for freight and all. Next thing he knows, the car has been picked up and his bank account was cleaned out.

336LJ
28-03-2009, 12:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by little_large

http://www.foxnews.com/images/353391/0_61_031808_scam.jpg

every chance this is a pic of your scammer......

this picture is fake.

the sign isn't done in spray paint, or his own feacal matter on a shopfront

DiscoDan
28-03-2009, 12:21 PM
It looks there's a whole series of set piece scams. I'm selling a car online at the moment and have got 4 or 5 responses much the same: overseas car broker look for that particular model for a client. They ask a few lame questions about the car (I've been responding out of mild amusement) then they want to pay with a refund check from a previous car they've sold but the check is for more than you're asking so can you Western Union the difference to them.

General advice is anytime there's reference to Western Union, run away fast

Elapid
28-03-2009, 02:38 PM
You'll never find out who they are, and they could easily be the same cunt thinking you've fallen for the scam, and trying to get more money from you.- I don't doubt that for a moment Large. The second cunts email was word for word what the first fucknuckles email was.

Little_Large, I think you may be on to something.......

Azrael
30-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Delete at your peril ----> http://www.bobservant.com
Bob servant is a funny fucker who returns emails back and forth to email scammers making them believe he is going to send them his money etc and sells books of the copied emails.
Somewhere on his site is one where he made an african fella promise to send him talking lions, fucking fucking fucking funny man,

OZ750L
30-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Forward emails to spoof@paypal.com.

The backtrack through ISP addresses.

Other than that, tell them to fuck off and it's pick-up only, cash on the barrel head.

Hotmail addresses are a dime a dozen and could be anyone anywhere. Again, ISP addresses used to access the account are about all they can use.

Elapid
30-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Azrael, Bob Servant is a fucking legend.

OZ750L, email was sent. Waiting foetheir reply.

Cheers,

Kris.

336LJ
31-03-2009, 02:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Azrael

Delete at your peril ----> http://www.bobservant.com
Bob servant is a funny fucker who returns emails back and forth to email scammers making them believe he is going to send them his money etc and sells books of the copied emails.
Somewhere on his site is one where he made an african fella promise to send him talking lions, fucking fucking fucking funny man,

Im sure thats the same guys site where I read the entire exchange between a scammer and this guy. he had the scammer working 8 hours a day or something like that to read into a tape recorder an entire book (I forget what one) over and over again. then told him to fuck off he wasn't getting paid for it as promised!a.

Elapid
16-04-2009, 11:08 PM
You wouldn't fucking believe it, I relisted the Capri under my new user name, with the same email address and the same cunt has tried the fucking same trick again. Obviously they don't take notice of the email address' that they try to scam from.
Hope the cunt gets aids.
Kris.