PDA

View Full Version : Qld engineer for bike mods?

mango
19-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help on a question about my project. My bikes a '91 FZR400 with YZF600 motor :D, R6 front end and some other mods which all seem to work well. But for peace of mind and legalness I was really thinking I should get a Qld Dept of Transport approval for the mods. To do this I believe I need to get an engineer to sign off on the bike and then get the ok from the DoT. Can anyone recommend or point me in the direction of an engineer that I could use to look over my bike? I'm guessing there must be a few in Slacks Creek, but South Brisbane would be better. I know with cars that there is a mod plate required for engine conversions etc, but I don't think I have ever seen this done with a bike (except for the single seat rego). Has anyone actually been through this process for a motor upgrade recently? Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers Andrew.

19-10-2006, 05:56 PM
there is one in Brizzy. Crazymofo used them recently...Joe???
theres also 1 on the Sunny Coast but i guess thats not exactly south Brizzy ay. I thort Slack Crk is south Briz.
welcome too. got any pics?