PDA

View Full Version : Engine swaps for 400cc bikes

sharky
18-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Right, so the wife has decided that she does prefer the size and weight of her CBR400rr over the zzr6.
What I am searching for is info on what engines can be squeezed in to any of the 400cc bikes (zxr,gsxr or cbr),or one of the naked bikes such as a 400 Bandit. I have heard the SV650 fits the cbr but she would prefer a 4 cyl.
We would be looking at doing a full on 'fighter project using the frame etc of one of the above bikes...she just wants more power.

alfiestorm
18-10-2006, 09:19 PM
You can fit a cbr600 or 900 engine in the 400 but you will need to have some re-engineering done to the main frame rail and i think some offsetting of the drive sprockets maybe required and if you decide to keep the fairing on you can with either engine with very little modifications.

It wont be easy but it will be worth it especially if you go for the 900 motor.

:)

I will try and find the info on it but it was in one of the uk bike mags and perhaps some one else might have some info aswell

Hillsy
19-10-2006, 09:05 AM
I've seen a TRX motor in a CBR400. I remember a thread here a while ago that mentioned it's a straight forward fit. The one I saw had the full fairing and you wouldn't know - until it rode past!

She prefers a 4 cyl? She'd grow to love a TRX motor....