PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this

devo
21-03-2009, 11:01 PM
I may be swapping my TZR Race bike for this , what do you all think... ( yes Turb I know I am a bike whore [8D])
Make a nice roady I think what do ya reckon ;)

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/59713925850533.jpg

KATO ZX7
22-03-2009, 11:52 AM
do it!!

Tony OW31
22-03-2009, 01:27 PM
I'd much rather have the TZR.

timbo
22-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Go you good thing

gixkat
22-03-2009, 05:23 PM
What do i think of this??? I think YOU should do what you feel is right for you, and fuck what we think!
cheers mate, GK.

RED ZX
22-03-2009, 05:54 PM
what is that a H1/H2?

I had an L1, great bike, strong motor. Would make a great road bike, but I am with gixkat ^^^^^, do what you want.

devo
22-03-2009, 09:05 PM
quote:What do i think of this??? I think YOU should do what you feel is right for you, and fuck what we think!
cheers mate, GK.

quote:but I am with gixkat ^^^^^, do what you want.

Thanks guys , I think I will but I guess I was wondering what they are like , I never owned one but a Mate owned the H1 this is the H2.
He was happy with his one.
So guess I should rephrase what I said [:I] Any here ever owned one are they a good thing or are they a bad thing ???
It has 26k on the clock and is a grey import , opinions on any bad points and good points would be appreciated :D

DCRacing
22-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Hey Devo, just buy it keep it for 2 weeks ride it twice then sell it and get your next machine...... or just jump straight to the next one........... :D
Mate i do know your problem tho, it is why i stopped looking in the end as there was always another good thing, and i can't let go of them like you can, or be in the right place at the right time like you :)

TurboKat
22-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Is that a H2 model Dave? It's definately got either a J or a racekit H2 swinger by the looks of it. The H series was world reknowned for having rock hard rear suspension, fine & dandy on a billiard table smooth racetrack but an absolute cunt on a real road according to all the magazine articles of the day. The J model was better but still not good & they got it mostly right with the L model & spot on with the ZX7R.
I've been fucking around with my mate Shano's H1 trackbike for a while & tried various combinations of ZXR L model & ZX7R knuckles, dogbones & shockers (which according to lots of Kwaka forums & websites is sposed to fix em) but they all make fuck all difference, no matter what combos I've tried, the rebound is waaay too slow - the problem seems to be in the location of the anchor points on the frame & swinger. Everything can be fixed of course so I'm looking at cutting, moving & rewelding the swingarm anchor & duplicating the geometry & linkage ratios of a bike that has rear suspension which I know works well (ZXR L, ZX7, possibly even K series Gixer, etc.)
Just jump up & down on the seat & see what the rear suspenders do, I'm sure you'll be able to tell if it feels good or bad.
On the plus side, it's a highly desireable Kawasaki mate, it'll be easy to sell next week when you get sick of it ;)

Jockney Rebel
22-03-2009, 11:02 PM
i had an H1 and i can vouch for the rear end mate but fuck me was it a fine beast..hit my first indicated 155mph on it

RED ZX
23-03-2009, 07:41 AM
The L1 seemed fine for me rear shock wise, but I am a heavy bastard, and did not get to ride it far.

The Mad One
23-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Devo [8)] what model TZR is it & how much U want big fella [?]

devo
23-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Bloody hell Mundy ya scared the shite outa me sneakin up on an old cunt like that..... where have you been hidin .[:0]
Sorry mate done the deal with ol mate for his Kwaka now I will have to see if I can break a record and keep it for more than a week hey Turbo [B)]Oh and Turbo it is a H2 .:D

The Mad One
23-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah Devo [8D] I been hiding in the nut house [:o)] So the only way out was to get some orange juice(vast quantatie`s) sent to me in which I placed in the comercial freezer [:p] mixed with equal amount`s of petrol [8D] One match,happy day`s.

So do ya know of anyone that may have a decent TZ250-350 for sale [?] post 88 [?]

Maybe if I float the pits at 'Bazza`s bash' I can lean on some one [:I] Keep ya ear to tha terra [?]

Tony OW31
23-03-2009, 06:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by The Mad One

Yeah Devo [8D] I been hiding in the nut house [:o)] So the only way out was to get some orange juice(vast quantatie`s) sent to me in which I placed in the comercial freezer [:p] mixed with equal amount`s of petrol [8D] One match,happy day`s.

So do ya know of anyone that may have a decent TZ250-350 for sale [?] post 88 [?]

Maybe if I float the pits at 'Bazza`s bash' I can lean on some one [:I] Keep ya ear to tha terra [?]

If you want post '88 it will have to be a 250, the last 350 was '81.

The Mad One
23-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Ya reckon [:I] as long as it has white wheel`s ta go with my cappacino smile [:o)] I`m happy :D So What is a OW31 compared to a OWO1 or an OWO5 or a MT01 [8)] shit i`m going to sleep.
All I wanna do is smash a two banger as hard as my day`s are long [}:)] U know not of me & thats` fine ;) Dummmy up [:X]
quote:Originally posted by Tony OW31

If you want post '88 it will have to be a 250, the last 350 was '81.

Tony OW31
23-03-2009, 07:53 PM

Ya reckon [:I] as long as it has white wheel`s ta go with my cappacino smile [:o)] I`m happy :D So What is a OW31 compared to a OWO1 or an OWO5 or a MT01 [8)] shit i`m going to sleep.
All I wanna do is smash a two banger as hard as my day`s are long [}:)] U know not of me & thats` fine ;) Dummmy up [:X]

[/quote]

OW31 is the works version of the TZ750, special cylinders, exhausts, a lot more titanium and magnesium etc.