PDA

View Full Version : EOI: Cheap Learner bike

tunelliner
19-03-2009, 12:13 PM
EOI: Is my 250 Hornet. Still in a dilemma whether I should keep it as a cheap commuter and buy a SV650 then do a GSXR front end conversion as a weekend play thing. However being a student, I think it would be better to just have one bike and use the rest of the money on piss and trips overseas, instead of spending "endless" monies on consumables or the like.

So yes.. I have tried to look after my bike [8D]
I have done the following:

I have just refreshed the forks, after a shop (won't say who and would take too long to explain unless it was in person) F*kT up and was possibly contributory to my last crash (the other being a crappy stretch of brissy roads in the CBD - drive over it and you will understand, this is the only crash that I consider myself not responsible for causing.)[V]

fork seals, dust caps and oil (all replaced)
95% ContiRoad Attack Rear tire
70% ContiSportAttack Front tire
Trailtech Vapor Dash
Front / Rear sprocket and Chain has only done about 1500km
I have changed the oil every 4-5000km

Here are a few pics:
http://photos-c.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v374/231/122/586266751/n586266751_1474402_2765.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm318/tunelliner/29th%20Nov%2008%20Track%20Day/cranked.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I have been in a few spills on the bike. It still runs straight though. Take it for a spin and you'll see.

I am looking at 1600ish but am open to negotiations [:o)]
The bike is located in Brissy

Oh and here's a youtube clip of how it sounds. Doesn't sound like a 250 at all :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7cNDuXUWk

edit: Forgot to add, the bike has 58xxx trouble free kilometres on it. Still probably genuinely "less" than alot of the cibbie 250s running around :D

crazymofo
19-03-2009, 08:32 PM
i'll offer ya the following once completed/

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14744

your 250 +$5000 and you can have the sv you want, with an upgraded rear end to boot.

ask anyone that has ridden with me or ridden the bike and they will tell ya the sv handles like its on rails.

cheers.joe.

JackTar
19-03-2009, 08:44 PM
If you don't take this deal you sir are a fuckhead. Shit I think Joe is a fuckhead for offering the deal so either way someone is a fuckhead.

crazymofo
19-03-2009, 08:51 PM
lol....i need a commuter and the sv is too nice to do 700km a week on, besides its gotta go so i can finish the tl1000s!

i made a typo on the offer of the SV....
IVE REVISED THE OFFER.

cheers.joe.

tunelliner
19-03-2009, 10:00 PM
how long would it be till its finished?

are ya still gonna have the slash cut?
I'm a bit low on points (well Good Behaviour), was caught out in Dayboro doing 200+ (WHAT!?) on a mates Superduke whilst on my restrictions last Christmas. Very lucky.

so a slash cut and being "fenderless" could be a bit hard my points if I got caught lol

hmm I'll PM ya

hmm JackTar. One of us might turn out to be the "fuckhead" :P

I have an almost complete GSXR front end sitting at home. Just missing a wheel. Might have to wait till crazymofo has finished his project ;)

crazymofo
20-03-2009, 05:41 AM
well its to be completed for AFR in april.

im attempting to make the slash cut reasonable in sound, not too loud. and with the fender... can make you one thats removable ally trellis one.

front end is a complete 04 zx6r unit, and the swingarm, rear shock and rear wheel is 04 zx6r too.

subframe is a modified zx6r item as well.

bike is some 10kg lighter then the standard sv650s

cheers.joe.

damo1
23-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Tuneliner:While your trying to sell stuff i'll give you 20$ for your unused knee sliders im after some new ones and you dont use yours.

gibbo
23-03-2009, 04:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by damo1

Tuneliner:While your trying to sell stuff i'll give you 20$ for your unused knee sliders im after some new ones and you dont use yours.

I'll swap you for a half used pair so people will stop laughing at my nice and new looking old ones [:I]:(

damo1
24-03-2009, 07:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

quote:Originally posted by damo1

I'll swap you for a half used pair so people will stop laughing at my nice and new looking old ones [:I]:(

Mate no dramas mine are Dainese so i dont want any of those cheap shit ones i need the quality ones that last longer.

The left hand one is the most worn from doing e creek and oran park ( most of them are left handers), and the right one is worn but not as bad.

tunelliner
24-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Aren't you badass damo [:P]

Well I'll keep my sliders so when I do touch them then I can claim I've kneed down for real hehe

damo1
25-03-2009, 02:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by tunelliner

Aren't you badass damo [:P]

Well I'll keep my sliders so when I do touch them then I can claim I've kneed down for real hehe

Thats the way mate, cop it on the chin and give it back love it.

tunelliner
01-04-2009, 11:55 AM
GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE