PDA

View Full Version : Need to rejet?

Disturbed_Dave
18-03-2009, 05:28 PM
As far as I know, my bike ('00 ZX6R) still had standard jetting.

Non-factory mods that might make a difference include Akrapovic end can, and the lack of airscoop that normally sits under the headlight (now there is just the two intake pipes on either side of the frame)

Should the bike be rejetted to suit these changes? or would it make not much of a difference?

yoda
18-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Does it run shit? If not, its ok... ;)
Check the colour of your spark plugs next time you have the tank off for something(like checking plugs)

Disturbed_Dave
18-03-2009, 10:05 PM
its fine up until 10-11k or so, then it gets a little bogged down (but thats expected, less air is getting to the engine for the rpm its doing)

not sure if i could be squeezing some more oomph out of it by rejetting.

plugs are something i havent had a chance to check yet. That will be part of the service i plan for it ;)

Hillsy
18-03-2009, 11:05 PM
What have you done with the carb balance pipe that used to go to the front scoop? You need to route this back into the airbox so that the carb bowls get the same pressure as the air intakes. Otherwise, your fuelling will be erratic.

Disturbed_Dave
19-03-2009, 04:41 PM
not sure mate?
it was streetfightered when i bought it.
fuel consumption and 'smoothness' hasnt seem to have been affected, with 15L getting me 250km keeping in mind my speedo is about 15% out... so fuel consumption seems fine too.